“Excellent Stay”

Hotel Swaroop Vilas
Ranked #40 of 177 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed in Swaroop Vilas for 2 nights with a marriage party. The rooms are quite spacious and very well decorated. Rooms provide all the essentials required. Food is excellent. Room service and hotel staff is great. We enjoyed our stay and I consider it one of my great and good experience of staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on 2nd and 3rd floors are quite spacious and good.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SATINDER_1951

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I booked swaroop Vilas for 18th nov through makemytrip. Due to busy season they overbooked the rooms (may be at a higher price which I paid through makemytrip) and left me with my kids to sit on their reception for two hours telling me that that my booking is not confirmed. Although I was carrying confirmation note from makemytrip yet they refused to provide me a room. Makemytrip was responsive enough and provided me an alternative option upon my complaint. Hotel staff did not even asked my kids for water while we were sitting at reception for two hours for this matter to get resolved. They do not have basic business ethics and take customers for a ride. Avoid this hotel at any cost.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Amitagrawala2
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

This heritage property has a lot of character and our room was spacious and extremely clean. The bar and pool areas are lovely and look great at night with their low lighting. The hotel was not centrally located but a Rs50 tuk tuk ride that took about 5 mins will get you to the centre of town or the lake area. Food at Dinner was good, breakfast average. Wifi costs Rs200 for two hours. Overall, the hotel is of a really high quality and reflects the old India that it's nice to experience while there.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank HB274
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel after all a missing point : you have to pay for the wifi and its expensive 200 roupies per hour.

For such hotel it should be free.
And I guess since the 3G or any other Internet is not available in our mobile we don't have choice.

Nice swimming pool.
TV with English programs
Great shower room
Comfortable bed

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We spent 3 nights here during our Rajastan Tour. Excellent place. Good location, beautiful looking, very clean. Great facilities and courteous staff always willing to help. Great to eat out on the open terrace in the evenings. Food very good. Made our visit to Udaipur even more special. Great work Hemant and all your staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here on July 12.
For me, its average hotel.
Price is little bit expensive and food is so so.
Location is very good, just infront of lake.
Hotel swimming pool is also very beautiful, you will love it.
Rooms are old type, need renovation. Size is also small.
Overall average hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Very good rooms. Beautiful hotel. Courteous Staff. But we did not enjoy our stay there.There was no personal touch. All of us became very unwell after having street food ( not the hotel staff's fault ofcourse). But we struggled to get much assistance from the hotel even though we were too ill to travel on. There didn't seem to be much interest in the welfare of the guest. Being a medical family we still managed to travel on to Jaipur and had an excellent experience in the hotel there.
I hope ours was an isolated experience and other guests will have a better experience in Swaroop Vilas.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family