“Very cool place to stay”

Hotel Krishna Niwas
Ranked #94 of 177 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed here for a few nights and enjoyed our stay. We had difficulty with the bed the first night (I am very tall with a rather finicky back), and they were able to move us around to find a bed that worked best. The staff was easy to get along with and the hotel is a funky place that made me smile every-time I came back. There is so much to see and do right outside the door in the Lal Ghat area that you cannot be bored. After travelling around for several weeks in India, Udiapur was the perfect place to relax before our trip back home. Our room had a great view of the Lake Palace and I felt transported back in time with the rooms and their hand painted decorations on the walls and ceiling. Be prepared to spend some time in the art gallery there. I bought three paintings and get complements from everyone.

Room Tip: If you have difficulty with stairs, ask for a room that is not on the fifth floor. There is no elev...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin Z

Reviewed June 24, 2012

My wife and i stayed here for two nights and i must say considering the price of the accommodation we were quite impressed. The staff overall was very friendly and welcoming. I loved the interior of the hotel and our room, although quite small was very comfortable and clean. From the roof terrace you have a good view of the lake. Breakfast was great. Best coffee i ever had and i forgot the name of the pancake like bread, but it was delicious.
We really enjoyed our short stay here and would not hesitate to return if we're ever coming to Udaipur again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frank F
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I had the privilege of staying in this hotel last week. I would not like to call this place a "hotel" - this was - to put it briefly - A HOME AWAY FROM HOME. The rooms were elegantly furnished with all modern facilities. the food was excellent. The service was unparalleled. The view from our room was breathtaking - our room was located in the third floor and had a lovely view of the lake and lake palace hotel. The roof top restaurant located in the fifth floor was a real treat. On the whole, a lovely place for a holiday, especially the affordable room tariffs. The hotel being a heritage property, does not have lift facility, so be prepared for a little "climb"!

Room Tip: Go for the Deluxe rooms - they have the best view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ramanan_12
Reviewed June 4, 2012

i had checked in this hotel recently only with my family but to my surprise there was nobody to atleast pickup my bags and shift me in my rooms i have to carry bags to my rooms with my family secondly the manager was also not so polite no doubt rooms were clean and neat but too small for big family to check in . secondly i pointed out something which we indian prefer for which manager told that foreigners prefer this service so i think this hotel is for foreigners also there is no restuarent facility in the hotel u have take lunch and dinner outside which is very costly as per foreigners

Room Tip: for better view of the lake u can choose this hotel only for view
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ashok786
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Rooms were small but very nice. The touches of art work make it feel more personal. The staff are very friendly and the cooking courses come highly recommended as they teach you basics like paneer curry and a magic masala chai. And in small groups which makes life easier. The location is great although lake view was partial and its not unique in having this. Would hold heatedly recommend it and great value in one of India's more pricey cities

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Londoner1981ontour
Reviewed April 2, 2012

My brothers and I stayed three nights here. We had good views of the lake and the Lake Palace, and the rooms, while small, were wonderfully clean and bright, with paintings on the wall and decorations by Jairaj, the owner, who is an artist. Jairaj and Sushma, and their manager Digvijay were considerate and caring when I became unwell during my stay - I'm lucky that it happened here, where there was a good family atmosphere and helpful service. Staff were happy to open the doors later for us when we wanted to be out at night after the doors closed at 11pm. The price of the rooms was very reasonable considering the quality and location!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SearchForSmall
Reviewed April 1, 2012

A nice place to stay with helpful and friendly stay.

The room i was staying in had a good view of the floating palace, the room was clean and there was hot water.

The location of the hotel is also good, has it is near the Jagit Niwas, the lake and the palace museu, as well has the other ghats.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends