“very nice place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Mewar Inn

Hotel Mewar Inn
Ranked #14 of 200 Specialty Lodging in Udaipur
Mumbai
“very nice place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

mewar inn is a really nice place to stay and hang around. the staff is so friendly and helped us in many ways. you really should go to this place, take breakfast on the roof top and just realx. rooms are really good and we just enjoyed. thanks

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ahmedabad
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

There was only one person in the hotel and he abruptly declined to bring any food that was mention in the menu or provide any service. Instead he said to go out and bring food. As I was out due to official, my wife and daughter stayed hungry for all day.Even it is far from station and not near as mentioned on website.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

3 Thank Nilkumar S
Bangalore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

No Proper Reception n moreover no person in the reception. I had to leave my wife at the gate near the road on the ground floor and come up and wait for someone to land in reception and no boys to take the lugguage up 2 floors. Finally 1 person came without any smile and he carried 1 of my lugguage and myself carried the other 2. The room allotted was hopeless. When asked for lunch, person at reception told no and then the proprietor told yes and served as stale meals and det too charging 150 Rs. per plate whereas the best unlimited thali at Delhi Gate at "Bawarch" costs u only Rs.110/-. The Bathroom allotted was awful and in the night, the proprietor shifted us to room No.3 on the first floor of which the Bathroom was okay but the tv was a regular CRTand old TV. 24 hrs hot and cold water is only distant in dreams and u hav to regularly ask him if hot water is available or not. The only positive thing about this hotel is Tea.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Azeezur R
Denpasar, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

The room where i stayed was clean, comfortable, and so far it was the best value for money in its price range.
It is far from the tourist area, but transportation is not an issue. Many tuk-tuks just across the road and it doesn't cost much.
They have internet service, but the connection was very slow.
It has a rooftop restaurant, nice place to sit around. Ordered a noodle soup, very disappointing. Served in a very small bowl, hardly anything in it.
Overall, i was happy with my stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Chernihiv
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

We really enjoyed staying at Mewar Inn this November. The owner was VERY CARING. He's definitely one of those few Indian hotel owners who are 100% client oriented. He picked us up at the bus stand early in the morning, allowed us to use a different room free of charge before we could actually check-in and use our room.
Although not all of his boys speak and understand English, they are very cheerful (unlike the personnel in other hotels) and helpful!
The restaurant there is also quite good.

Cons:
1. Although we were told that the hotel was only 10 minutes away from the lake, it actually takes about 40-50 minutes to get to the center on foot :)
2. It's quite cold in the rooms.
3. Here we were recommended a hotel in Jaipur, which was our next stop, but it was one of the worst places ever. In case you ask the owner for the same piece of advice, do not go to Jwala Niketan in Jaipur if he recommends it.

Other than that, it is a great place and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone, who's looking for nice service at a decent price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank StasIvashchenko
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

I recently stayed three nights at the Mewar Inn in Udaipur. It is a budget traveler's dream. I discovered it here on tripadvisor and after reading all of your reviews called the Inn where I spoke with the owner, Mahendra, who offered me the same excellent price so many of you have been given - Rs 250 per night. Additionally, he offered to pick me up at the railway station. In the six years I've been in India that's only the second time that has ever happened. The other time I was planning to stay 10 weeks in the hotel where I got such incredible service. The Mewar is clean and there is plenty of hot water. I wouldn't recommend anybody's going to Udaipur in August as I did. The weather is blazing hot. My little room had a good overhead fan but there was very little circulation so it was not comfortable to sleep at night. The crowning surprise of this visit though was that on the day I was to check out my train wasn't until 6 in the evening. When I asked Mahendra when the check-out time was, he wanted to know when my train was, then offered that I could just stay in my room without additional charge until it was time to catch the train. His two workers are also very nice young men who do everything they can to make one's stay there comfortable. I didn't eat there so I can't really critique their food. The Inn is several kilometers from the tourist scenes in Udaipur and dealing with the rapacious rickshaw wallahs there is not fun, but I finally was able to find a wallah or two who would make the journey to the city palace, etc. for 50 to 70 rupees a trip. I actually didn't mind coming home to a quiet location that was removed from the tourist hubbub and the price was so reasonable that the charges for rickshaws could be forgiven.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo