We really enjoyed staying at Mewar Inn this November. The owner was VERY CARING. He's definitely one of those few Indian hotel owners who are 100% client oriented. He picked us up at the bus stand early in the morning, allowed us to use a different room free of charge before we could actually check-in and use our room.
Although not all of his boys speak and understand English, they are very cheerful (unlike the personnel in other hotels) and helpful!
The restaurant there is also quite good.
1. Although we were told that the hotel was only 10 minutes away from the lake, it actually takes about 40-50 minutes to get to the center on foot :)
2. It's quite cold in the rooms.
3. Here we were recommended a hotel in Jaipur, which was our next stop, but it was one of the worst places ever. In case you ask the owner for the same piece of advice, do not go to Jwala Niketan in Jaipur if he recommends it.
Other than that, it is a great place and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone, who's looking for nice service at a decent price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mewar Inn has 20 rooms. We offer lovely food in rooftop restaurant and free wifi at all places. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Mewar Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.