Hotel Hill Lake
Madri Haveli(Udaipur)
Karohi Haveli(Udaipur)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I had been to udaipur in the month of November 2010 with my family. Due to heavy season we booked Hotel Hill Lake as that was the only available option, as the name suggests and as per the internet survey it seemed the hotel must be having wonderful view as it is nearby the lake. On reaching the hotel we were surprised to see the lake was more of a drain and the view was pathetic. If you are like to stay in a hotel with nice view from your balcony avoid staying in Hotel Hill Lake. The room were small , but still the positive is the rooms were clean and the attached bathroom was also clean and well maintained. Food of the hotel was good with reasonable rates, but it took long time to serve the food ordered. So if you are going Udaipur for sight seeing the whole day and just to rest in the hotel in night, you can go ahead and book hotel hill lake.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank GyanDelhi
Reviewed January 2, 2011

Before booking a room in this hotel, I was reading the reviews on this hotel and one negative feedback that stood common across reviews was its location. There were complains about its vicinity to a cowshed and dirty lake. Very reluctantly I booked the room as I was not finding rooms in other hotels. However, contrary to the perception, we didn't experience any of the issues pointed out by other reviewers. Well it is correct that there is a cowshed very near to the hotel and the lake facing the hotel looks dirty, but neither the smell from the cowshed nor the lake made me hate my decision to book rooms there. It is located near chandpole slightly away from lalghat and thus it is accessible by wider roads. Although they don't have a parking of their own but they make arrangements if required. We stayed here for two nights and all this while they parked my car at a nearby parking spot where my car was safe. The room was spacious and well decorated. The bed, bedsheet, blanket were clean. Our room was overlooking the lake. We were on the 1st floor. I am not sure if the rooms on the ground floor or those in the basement, smelled of the nearby cowshed. At least on the ground floor I didn't get any of those smells. The bathroom was large, bathing area properly curtained, provision for toilet paper etc hinted at proper upkeep. There is a restaurant at roof top. Food was good. We had all our breakfast and dinner in this restaurant. The staff was very good and helpful. Overall it was a pleasant stay, value for money and we definitely look forward to stay here again whenever we visit Udaipur again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2010

It's a very nice hotel. We stayed there for 4 nights in December 2007. All the tourist places are easily accessible from the hotel. The view from the hotel is great. You can see the beautiful sunset view. Mansoon Palace view in the night looks very kool. The hotel is very new and started in Feb 2007 so the rooms are very clean and shiny and all amenities works fine.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2010

Hotel Hill Lake in Udaipur is ok.

The rooms are clean and functionable , the staff is courteous and friendly.

From the hotel you take a 10 minutes walk to downtown, but the place is yet pleasantly quiet.

The prize money is very good. The rooms are a little bit nicer and more comfortable to the lake side and also (of course) a little bit more expensive than the rear ones, but ...

The hotel has a very nice roof terrace with nice view over the city and the the lakes.

The kitchen, however, is moderate and the available Internet computers are infected evil with computer viruses.

Nevertheless it is a nice hotel.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2010

Our taxi dropped us off at this delightful hotel at the top of a very steep hill after a very long and tiring coach journey from Bikaner. Despite it being the middle of the night when we arrived the hotel owner was very accommodating. Our room was very clean with a nice ensuite which had possibly the best shower I'd used in India - nice and powerful with lots of hot water.

I was surprised by some of the reviews I've read saying how they keep cows in the hotel. This is just not true and gives the impression you're staying in a stable with random livestock wandering past your room. There were cows being kept in the yard next door to the hotel, but there was no smell and you generally didn't notice them except for the odd moo in the morning. Anyway, if you're trying to get away from cows then maybe Rajasthan isn't the best place to do that as they are everywhere.

The services provided by the hotel were excellent - the food served on the roof top restaurant was delicious and the internet service about as good as you would expect for India. The hotel owner also provided me the number of an excellent local tour guide, Fateh Lal Ghoubisa, who gave a very detailed and entertaining tour of the local countryside which included lunch at home in his village, an introduction to many of the locals in the area and detailed knowledge about the history and customs of the place. If you're going to Udiapur I would definitely recommenced contacting him about arranging a tour - fatehc@rediffmail.com.

The hotel is just a short walk away the main parts of Udaipur such as the Palace, the lake, Havali Museum and many nice restaurants and shops. Ok, the hill is steep, but it's quite short and not on a busy or treacherous road. Our room also had stunning views from of the lake and the city.

I enjoyed my stay here so much that I chose to stay an extra couple of days before continuing my travels to Northern India, after my friends who I had met on the way had already left to catch a flight to Southern India.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo