All reviews rooftop restaurant no lift city palace lake pichola hot water the hotel is clean top floor gangaur ghat budget hotel an amazing view cultural show walking distance the hotel offers small hotel old city hotel staff india
Reviewed August 19, 2018

The hotel has traditional architecture equipped with modern amenities. But remember, it is a budget hotel and not an exact heritage or a luxury one. One thing we observed is that it is impeccably clean and well maintained. The bathroom is spacious and has hot water.

The best part is the rooftop where you can order your food too. Because it is located at Gangaur Ghat, the rooftop view gives you a great view of the lake. Only one drawback for me was they dont provide non-veg food.

This WAS NOT a deal-breaker for me. Because as soon you step outside the hotel, you get plenty of cool places to eat. And shop.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
3  Thank Vishal1102
Reviewed May 16, 2018

At first, I thought that the hotel might be shady because of the name 'The Tiger' but I was wrong. The hotel is clean & the staff is very helpful. The best part, the view from the rooftop, it is awesome. The hotel is almost attached to 'Bagore Ki Haveli'. The rooms are fantastic & you can sit on the rooftop as long as you like. The view from the rooftop is breathtaking at evening, as the sin sets. You can see the beautiful Lake Pichola shimmering in the night in the lights of the nearby hotels.
Strictly Avoid 4 wheelers. There is no space for parking. You can park a scooty but at your own risk.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with lake view, go for the 3rd & 4th floor
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank IzazAnsari
Reviewed April 14, 2018

We stayed here in March 2018. The location was without a doubt, fantastic for what we needed. The hotel was fairly basic, but clean. We were advised that we could use the hot water in the shower from 7-11 in the morning and the same time in the evening, but if we needed it during the day, we could have hot water on request. Our room was close to the rooftop restaurant, and there was no lift, so it was approximately 70 stairs to climb up and down each time we wanted to go shopping or out to dinner! Breakfast and dinner were again, basic, but the view made up for the limited menu and the slower service. There was one waiter on duty (although the maximum guests we saw in the restaurant was 4 including us). As there was no lift, he had to carry all the meals up several flights of stairs and down again, so the wait times were long. Overall, our stay was ok.

Room Tip: Rooms were quiet unless a wedding/event is in the street below (which was in our case).
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
3  Thank gcrow24
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel which is in a great location. Our room was very quiet, clean and with pretty stencil decorations. The fan and air con worked well, as did the free Wifi. The laundry service was a very reasonable price, good and prompt. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. Best of all were the superb breakfasts served on the rooftop terrace overlooking the lake.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank George S
Reviewed March 26, 2018

I just spent 5 nights in this lovely hotel right nearby the most vibrant place of Udapuir,
Gangaur Ghat. I booked a Deluxe Lake View Room (4th floor but no lift) which has an enchanting view on the Lake and surroundings but the must of the hotel is the outstanding view from the roof-top of the hotel, where you can get breakfast and meals. I was also lucky to attend indian New Year festivities as well as Gangaur festival and enjoyed fire works from the terrace..This was magic.
The staff is also great and helpful, taking care of all your needs. Laharsingh, the hotel manager, is fantastic and always helpful for anything you may need, good information and advises. He even dropped me with his personnal moto to HariPol market. Ganpath, the restaurant manager,also very nice and helpful, kindly provided me with ice bucket as I had a bad fall on my hand..
The place is nearby major restaurants and shops, nearby Jadgish temple and City Palace.
My only regret was to leave and to have booked only 5 nights ! will surely come back in thei hotel when I return to Udaipur.
thanks a lot to all hotel staff for this wonderful experience in the City of Dawn !

Room Tip: Rooms on 4th floor have the best view. Family rooms 23 and 25 are bigger with spacious bathrooms.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo