“Excellent family stay”

Amantra Shilpi Resort
Ranked #4 of 175 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Located away from the city, the resort is a pleasure to stay with family. Difficult to transit if you do not have your own car. The planning of the rooms are fabulous and the greenery around is eye soothing. The swimming pool is large and inviting. The breakfast is filling but has scope of improvement. The vegetarian preparations are excellent but stay away from Chinese items. The staff are helpful and well behaved. I had payed for one major meal during booking and I could order dishes as per my wishes in A La Carte system. The only confusion was that I thought I had payed Cleartrip for my 10 year old son, but I was billed extra during final billing @ ₹550/ per day. Request Cleartrip to clear the confusion please.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
3  Thank Santanu B
ShilpiResort, Front Office Manager at Amantra Shilpi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

We are extremely glad to have had the opportunity to serve you during your visit to Udaipur. It is indeed pleasure to note that you felt our Resort to "Excellent family stay"

Our team members are extremely glad to know that you liked the planning of the rooms and the greenery as well as quality of food served. We thank you for sparing your precious time to write such positive review about our resort and also look forward for opportunities to host you at our Resorts in the near future.
We charged for the extra child which above 05 years since your booking is already on triple occupancy room and we received the same from clear trip and you are total 03 + 01 person in same room that's why we charged extra.

B.S.Panwar , Mo. 9462842799

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I am writing this review after few months. This place was just what we needed...A very well maintained resort with great service and food...its located away from the hustle bustle of main city and still is well connected, so u get to enjoy the city as well as the tranquillity of being in the lap of nature...My kid was excited to see the ducks and for the first time saw grasshoper, cricket (the sound making bug) etc which you dont get to see alot in cities and i loved her reaction....The staff is very hostipitable and they go that extra mile to make u feel part of priviledged lot..Would love to come back soon..

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Khushi_Tours
ShilpiResort, Front Office Manager at Amantra Shilpi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Greetings from Shilpi Resort

It is indeed a pleasure to read your review.

I am happy to note that you had a pleasant stay with us and the services extended by my team were to your satisfaction. Thank you for your valuable feedback.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you at Shilpi Resort.

Warm regards

Mo.9462842799

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I booked shilpi resort for 27/12-29/12/2013 from expedia website that had link from trip advisor website like any other hotel bookings. I booked this after going through 30 odd hotels however i got an email next day indicating the booking will not be entertained by shilpi resort since they don't do business with expedia. I called up expedia website and after being on hold (while expedia spoke to shilpi) i was told to book somewhere else. I called shilpi to ask if i was to book directly through them how much will it cost me, the executive refused to give me quote and informed me to cancel my booking first, i asked him how does it matter anyways i have to cancel the booking. He did not give me any satisfactory response. I felt very bad and cancelled my booking immediately, now i will never book at shilpi and i will never book through expedia.
. If the two entities don't have business relation ship then why do travel sites quote such hotels. Hotel informed me that they have stopped doing business with Expedia , so next time u book shilpi, find out best means of booking because it did not work out for me.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
ShilpiResort, Front Office Manager at Amantra Shilpi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

First of all we thank you for choosing Shilpi Resort for your booking.
Please do accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you regarding the booking issue. As we have some issues with this portal from since last 1.5 years and we have already block the availability of rooms.Unfortunately when we got a mail alert by this portal than only it's come in our notice that the rooms are available on this site so first we have blocked the room availability and as well as inform you.
As you have mention regarding the quote for room we can't disclose our contract rates. If you do booking direct with us it's always welcome.
Finally Incidences such as these are rare occurrences. We appreciate you bringing this into our attention as nothing is more important than regaining the guest’s trust and all of us here hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you the best.

We hope to have the opportunity of hosting you in future and assure that you leave with sweet memories.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

It's a good resort. We got all facilities at one place. Staff is also cooperative and helpful. At night also they help to open the latch of the toilet.

Quality of food is good. They provide food in garden along with shekoti. Variety in morning breakfast and dinner buffet.

Main thing rooms were clean, toilets also clean. Waiter r Gud in behaviour and polite. Garden also neatly maintained.

It's value for money.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank KALPESHKHARKAR
ShilpiResort, Front Office Manager at Amantra Shilpi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Greetings from Shilpi Resort

It is indeed a pleasure to read your review.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you at Shilpi Resort.

Warm regards

Mo. 9462842799

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed at this Resort for Diwali. The rooms were not as clean as they should be. The food was average too. This place is okay if you are mostly going to travel all day, or if you need an economical accommodation. But I don't think this place is meant for a luxurious relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
ShilpiResort, Front Office Manager at Amantra Shilpi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

We thank you for your valuable feedback and rating on tripadvisor.,All the concerns and points raised by you have been addressed by the Management ,we assure you for your pleasant stay whenever you are traveling with us next time.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Nice place for holiday....very cooperative staff members, comfortable and clean rooms, tasty foods,
we enjoyed a lot, kids enjoyed lot on swimming pool. Restaurant ambiance was very attractive.. Shilp gram (Rajasthan Village Haat- One of the must visit place of Udaipur) is adjacent to Shilpi resort.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank PushpVaranasi
ShilpiResort, Front Office Manager at Amantra Shilpi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Greetings from Shilpi Resort

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and ratings on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments and ratings will help us keep our spirits high and strive harder to provide seamless and intuitive service.

we look forward to have you staying with us soon.

Warm Regards

Reviewed August 19, 2013

No room service.. Manager is apparently very rich.. He doesn't respect customer needs..
Rooms are not fresh.. And rates are too much for the quality of service..
Never go if you are going as couple. Far from city and auto takes lot of money to drop here.
No 24 hour restaurant. You wont get even tea before 8 o clock in morning.. Very unprofessional people.. Food quality is also average..

Room Tip: No room service.. Don't go if you want to relax in hotel..
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank drroshangmc

Thanking you for your kind response at TripAdvisor we value your kind comments that helps us in improving our standards. We would like to inform you that under that circumstances our staff has tried their level best to serve you all. but they failed in it. Please accept our sincere apology for the same. we have taken few steps/ action to over come this & We assure you to serve better next time.

Further, we request you to please co operate the resort management to giving the a la crate order because we don't have 24 hour room services and restaurant . It's clearly visible at front desk that we have a limited room service only and we are not extra charge for it. Tea/coffee maker is available in all rooms for early morning tea.

Thanks again