“Indeed a beautiful property!!!!!”

Hotel Mahendra Prakash
Ranked #11 of 157 Hotels in Udaipur
New Delhi, India
“Indeed a beautiful property!!!!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Udaipur has been on my wish list since long and finally I got a chance to visit “The City of Lakes: Udaipur”. The moment we decided on the dates, as we all do :), I started my Udaipur research on TA and was glued to the site for almost a week before actually going there.

I searched many hotels and was in love with Trident but that did not fit in my budget :( so had to look for another one. I was mainly looking for a hotel with swimming pool and parking facility.

I spent many day’s shortlisting hotels and calling them to see if they fitted my budget and my necessities and were disappointed. I even posted a question on forum and was suggested for hotel Mahendra Prakash (thanks to lovely people who responded promptly). So, I thought of giving a call to reservation desk at Hotel Mahendra Prakash (why didn’t I do that before) and spoke to Mr. Kailash and thought yes this is it and finally my search for a good hotel ended.

I fell in love with this property the moment we entered. Two words that best describe this place: beautiful and well maintained.

Mr. Kailash (a very polite and helpful person) showed us few rooms and I was in love with the pool view room instantaneously. But, they just had one room free and we wanted two rooms. So, we took the rooms on first floor facing swimming pool. All the rooms are done beautifully with Rajasthani touch. The environment was cool and calm and every morning an instrumentalist comes in and plays Santoor. It was so relaxing. And, they have 3 tortoises which come out in morning and evening. My daughter just loved them. Everything about this place is mesmerising.

We stayed there for 3 nights and 4 days and we just loved it. On first day of arrival we were so tired to go out and have food so we decided to order from the kitchen. And, it was delicious.

Mr. Kailash even helped us in booking an auto for local sightseeing.

All in all, a lovely place to stay and I could not have asked for more!!!

I am giving this place a rating of 4 because I found some glitches in their services. Once they gave us water in unwashed jug. And, I vomited the moment I had water from that jug. They should be super cautious especially with the things like water/food.

On a side note, this is a small hotel with 26 rooms, swimming pool, free wifi around pool area, parking, spa (I didn’t try that) and restaurant. This hotel is not lake facing. Lake Pichola is about 1.5 kms from here. But, you can have a view of City Palace from terrace. This place does not have elevators/lifts (you would not need that until going with an elderly person and in that case too, you can go for a room on ground floor).

This is my review about this hotel. I tried to give as much info as possible to help fellow traveler.

Have a wonderful stay!!!!!

1 Thank pragya_09

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Serbian first
FARIDABAD
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We spent 2 nights & 3 days here , and the moment we reached Udaipur we were received by Mr Kailash who guided us to the Hotel. Once Inside we were cordially welcomed and we never felt that we were new to this place , It was a wonderful family atmosphere. The rooms , wash rooms were really elegant with a heritage background. The swimming pool adjacent to our rooms was enchanting & my children made full use of it. Mr Bhim -The person incharge of the restaurant adjacent to the swimming pool , made us feel at home by his mannerism & equally tasteful food . Mr Kailash the manager of this hotel made us feel that he knew us before , and made every effort to make our trip really successful. We visited later on Mount abu, pushkar, ajmer but all my family are still raving about this stay at MPrakash. I wish i again visit this place in future . The pricing is reasonable taking into account all that is offerred.

Room Tip: ground floor adjacent to reception or the rooms in front of swimming pool -restaurant
1 Thank NIRMALYAFaridabad
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed June 30, 2013

By far the most enjoyable hotel experience I've ever had! The hotel was gorgeous and the staff was so friendly and accommodating. I will most definitely stay here again and highly recommend it to anyone visiting Udaipur.

Agra, India
Reviewed June 22, 2013

One of the best hotel in udaipur in very low price you fullfill all ur wishes free wifi zone excellent pool spa is also there I think its best than any other hotel I have seen here best family hotel best service

Room Tip: The room in front of pool are best !!!!!best of bestest
1 Thank krishan297683
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Mahendra Prakash for a few weeks this summer and enjoyed every second of my time there. The rooms are stunningly beautiful, the decor is gorgeous but not overdone, the pool is crystal clear and clean, the kitchen is clean and always delicious, and the staff are truly wonderful. My group and I were always welcomed with warm smiles by the workers at Mahendra Prakash and they are always willing to help you out with whatever you need. I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed my time here and I cannot wait to come back!

Room Tip: My group had five different rooms rented out and they were all stunningly beautiful and very comfort...
New Delhi, India
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed at Mahendra Prakash from 9 June - 11 June 2013 and I had a wonderful time. Airport pickup was waiting with a sign, check-in was a breeze - even early in the morning. We had a small issue with the first room and the hotel staff moved us to a new room without hesitation. The pool area was clean, the AC kept us cool all night, and the staff recommendations were always perfect. Walking distance to major attractions. I would recommend this hotel to anyone based on our stay.
I would *highly* recommend this hotel to anyone based on my post-stay interactions with the staff. I was traveling partially for work and I needed bills emailed and sent to my office and the staff, especially Kailash, promptly and politely complied. Thanks!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I absolutely loved this hotel. The staff was amazing especially Bim-ji and Boxu-ji (sp?) and the staff at the reception is impeccable. They all are a prime example of above and beyond service. The food was delicious, the location is near all the shopping (clothes and food), the zoo, and anything else. Whenever i needed anything, the staff was there to help. I stayed there about two weeks and felt at home. Definitely would come back!