“Not living upto expectations”

Hotel Ashish Palace
Ranked #123 of 167 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I stayed there for 2 days, but I was not very happy with the hotel overall. When we reached there turned out that there was no water due to some electricity problem, later they gave us few buckets of water! For food we had to go the hotel on the 4th floor. The breakfast quantity was not filling at all and the service also is not so good! There were some billing issues we had with them which left us wronged in some sort! The location of the hotel does not seem healthy for women who come for holidays here, its scary actually even at 8 pm! The rooms also lack comfort and the view from our room (towards the Chetak circle) was bad, we had a building wall right in front of us with their a/c's spewing heat!! Its a very cheap economy hotel to be put up in and it is better if you are going to be out of it majority of the time!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed February 6, 2012

This hotel was well located in the city center of Udaipur. Even though the service and the rooms were both good, and the staff was cooperative and polite, the facilities of the hotel were just average. The beds were not very comfortable, as the pillows and mattresses were all made of dunlop. I didn't sleep very well at night, as this didn't suit me.

The food was not very great; it was extremely spicy and oily, and the taste didn't match up to our expectations. There was no good view from the windows, though the hotel in general did have good ventilation.

Otherwise, the service was good and the staff was quite decent and polite: they served us food in the room; and there was a heater provided on request as well. There was an elevator available in the hotel, and the bathroom was very clean. The amenities in the room were adequate.

However, given my overall experience, I would not stay here again, mainly because of the uncomfortable dunlop mattresses and the spicy and oily food.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2012

We wanted to visit Nathdwara and wanted to take 2 days break. We booked the hotel through Travel port. The hotel was good. It is a small hotel but good value for money. The rooms were neat and service was very good. The hotel does not have car parking. But it is ok as near by there is place to park the car.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Mrugen S
Reviewed January 24, 2012

The rooms are spacious and well furnished. Room service is quick and food served is OK. Uninterrupted power supply is ensured by a DG set but lift is not operational when electricity is not there. So be ready to climb the stairs.

Room Tip: Corner deluxe rooms at higher floors are calm and quite.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Friendly management -> We reduced our booking from 4 days to 3 days and they didn't put cany cancellation.
Strange billing -> The bill they provide is of much higher price compared to what actually they take from you. They will say we reduced by 25% and customer's feel happy.
Good accounting -> If you order food from the hotel restaurant, you will be asked to sign the bill and those signed bills will be available with the final hotel bill at the check out. There is a service cost if you order food to the room. I had seen many hotels do it without additional service charge
Clock room facility -> Since the check-out time is afternoon and our train back to Jaipur was in the night, the manager suggested to keep the luggage in the clock room. Indeed it is a very good facility for the traveler. But, I think hotel boy's who handle the luggage are not so trustworthy. Some cosmetics such as Shampoo, Body Wash, Shaving set etc. went missing from our bags!!
Location of the hotel -> It is very near to Chtak circle. Apart form Kala kendra, no other places are nearby. Its not such as issue if you have bargaining skills with Autowala. Also, there is no restaurant nearby.

Overall, it is really a good hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2011

we checked in this hotel and took suit room and it was excellent and We liked it very much,food quality and service was also very good.If you visit udaipur and your approximate budget is 2200 to 2800 must book suit room.
Overall great experience in this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I asked for taxi at front desk from Mr. Madhusudhan of Ashish Palace to see Udaipur and then to go to Mount Abu next day. First day taxi was not hotel's and I was told about it. For second day I was told the taxi was of hotel. There was no issue on the first day. I had asked for air condition taxi but air conditioner never worked for the hotel's taxi. I forgot to take out Camcorder and Camera from the taxi at Mount Abu. I called up Ashish Palace and informed them. They connected me to the driver, Lalit. Lalit first told me he saw the porter of the Mount Abut hotel took the Camcorder and camera bag. The Mount Abut hotel had security surveillance camera. They showed me complete recording which indicated the camera bag was never removed from the car. I am very confident the camera bag was in the car until I reached the hotel. I reached out to the General Manager of the hotel. He insisted the car was not hotel's. It was owned by front desk staff Mr. Madhusudhan. The very reason I took the taxi from the hotel was reliability. There is a taxi stand very close to the hotel. I avoided taxi stand and thought hotel's taxi would be more dependable. It turned out it was no better than any other taxi on the road. Lalit and Mr. Madhusudhan had no other argument but to say that Lalit is an honest person. General Manager sent the front desk person and Lalit to my hotel at Mount Abu. They saw the complete security camera recording but their statement did not change. My question remain unanswered:

Why did Lalit tell lie that he saw porter taking Camcorder bag ?
Where did Camcorder bag go when it was not removed from the taxi ?
If the air conditioner was not working why did they give me that taxi.

Lalit's statement changed when I told him there is survilleance camera and recoding does not show it was removed by the porter. In spite of my lots of follow up, I did not get back my Camcorder that was left supposedly in hotel's taxi.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
BSC-UDR, General Manager at Hotel Ashish Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

Dear Sir,
I hve gone through the review of our hon. guest. In reply, I would like to inform that we do not provide any Taxi service from hotel. Neither in our web site nor eles where we mentioned for taxi services. Even after that if any one hired Taxi at his own then reliability should have been confirmed from the hotel managment.After happening the whole episode when our guest informed us, we immediately send the concerned persons to Amount Abu on our own cost.
From the above facts, we observed , hiring of Taxi with out our knowledge/confirmation was
the main reason for happenings and in any condition this was not our mistake. We provided our best hotel servises to our guest and we never claimed that we have taxi services of our own.
Thanks.