Review Highlights

Reviewed September 26, 2018
karinagolden
Tel Aviv, Israel
via mobile

All reviews days trip river horses beginners ride nature life india guide
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I will try my best but I should say that my review is not going to do justice to the wonderful experience we had at Krishna Ranch. My husband and I went on a 4 days trip with Dinesh and his horses from
Udaipur to Kumbhalgarh. We met Dinesh and his wife Francine at the property and they were both absolutely lovely. We then started the ride and words fail to describe how wonderful this was. The ride itself is amazing and we got to see a side of India that was unknown to us. Stunning mountains and valleys, beautiful lakes, dreamy rivers, beautiful rural villages. We felt really privileged to meet people just living their life. At night we camped in a quaint tent and everyone went out of their way to make sure we had all we need (amazing food!! And lovely staff) We always ended up camping in dreamy spots, really a one of a kind experience. Dinesh’s horses are wonderful and it was great to see how loved and well cared for they were. Also Dinesh is so generous with his time and knowledge, from stories about the region to wildlife explanations to horse care tips!. I cannot recommend the experience enough. A truly wonderful and inspiring trip. We hope to come back soon

Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

From the first phone call till leaving Krishna Ranch, we felt welcomed. We, an 15 years old and his 53 years old mom, had a 3 hours ride, got to see an Indian village from within, the agriculture, the people and got authentic explanations from Dinesh. We had a quiet and pleasant experience of Udaipur nature. Highly recommend!

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic 5 day ride with the charming Daneesh. Well trained and very well looked after horses. We are experienced horse riders and the ride was tailored towards this. Just be warned that the terrain is challenging at times and so this isn’t necessarily a fast ride. Food is freshly cooked and of an extremely high standard throughout the ride.

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

We went on a half morning trek and it was amazing. So wonderful to see green and to be guided through such a beautiful area. We organised it only one day in advance but it was super easy and they were very helpful. The veiws from the mountain were breathtaking and our walk around the villages was great. Had a fab cup of chai too! Lunch after was delicious and we had such an amazing day, thank you!

Reviewed August 21, 2018

We did a half-day trek which we organised via email. They were very efficient at replying and accommodating our last-minute request. They picked us up and dropped us off at our hotel, which was so helpful. The staff were all really friendly and the horses were all very well looked-after. The horse riding was great fun, taking us through rural villages and educating us about the area throughout. The chai tea stop halfway through was a perfect addition! When we got back to the ranch they had cooked us up a feast of the best vegetarian Indian food! We'd recommend to everyone, of all riding abilities. Simon and Emma, UK.

Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

Our experience of Krishna ranch, the staff and horses can only be described as wonderful. The whole day from start to finish was relaxed, comfortable and enjoyable. I have ridden before whereas my boyfriend has never been on a horse! Danesh the trek leader was more than accommodating to both our needs and made us feel safe the entire time. The boys that lead my boyfriend were also wonderful. I would recommend this trek to anyone rider or not. The lunch included at the end is also spectacular and very big! No complaint there. Thanks to everyone on the ranch it was amazing.

Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

I'm not much for gushing but this was seriously an entirely fabulous day and a wonderful experience from start to finish. Francine responded quickly to my enquiries about walking and horse riding and got me set up with an itinerary for the very next day. I did a half day hike and half day ride on the same day. A very pleasant driver picked me up a couple of minutes away from my hotel and drove me out to the ranch. Except for occasional loud music drifting over from a hotel nearby it was astonishly peaceful for somewhere so close to a bustling city. I joined two dutch guests for a hike with a knowledgeable, helpful guide. The hike was the perfect mix of lovely views and enough exertion to feel I'd really exercised, taking us up to the top of a hill, down alongside a calm lake and then winding through green farmland and wooded copses.
After the walk it was time for lunch - generous portions of delicious, very fresh food. I had an hour to sit and enjoy the seclusion of the ranch before it was time for my ride, led by Dinesh, with one other rider. The horses are beautifully cared for and responsive with a comfortable gait. My riding skills are on the rusty side but I didn't have to worry about controlling a little bit of friskiness as there were always guides on foot with us who would step in if needed (they had a moped and would take it in turns to drive ahead so they could keep up with the horses and trade off for breaks). There was a short stretch on the main road but its not overly busy, the remainder was spent wending along smaller roads and tracks between local villages. We would break from time to time to explore or stop for chai, which was a splendid way for those of us out of practice to avoid getting too stiff.

If my schedule and budget allowed, honestly I'd stick around and put myself in Dinesh's hands for one of the multi day horse rides. It would be splendid to ride deeper into the country on such wonderful mounts. If I ever return to India that will be at the top of my list!

One of the guides drove me back to Udaipur on a moped, dropping me close to my hotel (though I'm sure you could take the jeep if you preferred - there was no need for it given that I was traveling solo and perfectly happy to get a longer blast of fresh air).

In summary - highly recommended! One my favorite travel experiences of the past year (or possibly ever). If the rest of my trip even comes close I'll be over the moon.

Hikes: need a reasonable level of fitness, wear your hiking boots if you have them though sneakers are fine. Must have enough flexibility to climb over a few rather large walls and hop over streams.

Rides: suitable for anyone, under the watchful eyes of Dinesh and his guides.

1  Thank Helen R
krishnaranch, Owner at Krishna Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2018

Thank you Helen for your wonderful feedback. We hope to welcome you again in the future. All the best from the KR team.

Reviewed January 26, 2018

Was a last-minute decision to go horse-riding for half a day but it ended up being way better than I expected. The ride was really scenic and green, I didn't expect that at all and we passed by local villages and our guide told us a lot about the people and the villages we visited.

1  Thank pmdalvarez
Reviewed December 11, 2017 via mobile

Lovely walk in the Havelis and surrounding villages of Krishna ranch! Great way to discover the country side around Udaipur. After the hike a delicious lunch was served! Definately recommended!

Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful half day riding through the lush monsoon countryside and villages around the ranch. Dinesh and his team accompanied us and gave us a great insight into Indian life in the countryside. As inexperienced riders we felt very safe and relaxed and the beautiful local Marwari horses were calm and well-behaved. We got caught in a rainstorm and had chai at a roadside stall; at the end we had a delicious thali lunch on the verandah back at the ranch. Dinesh also arranged for us to be picked up in Udaipur and taken back afterwards.

More experienced riders would really enjoy the 2 or 3 day tours on offer. Thank you Dinesh- we would highly recommend.