All reviews rooftop restaurant lake pichola city palace small balcony heritage hotel narrow lanes fabulous location old city hotel is located night view approach road enjoy the view the ground floor bagore ki haveli hot water room service is tuk tuk
Reviewed September 3, 2018

Even though we didn't spend the night at this hotel, we had dinner at the terrace-restaurant they have on the top. Very professional and nice staff, excelent food and good price (it wasn't as much expensive as we thought it would be), definitely worth it! :)

Room Tip: In the restaurant the service is not included, so make sure you tip the waiter if you like the service!
Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

We travelled here in March! And had a delightful stay everything was bang close for us. The staff could be a little more attentive to the local travellers. All in all a good holiday. Go for rooms that have lake view. The rooms could be upgraded a bit but still had a local and palacial charm about itself. The hotel has a beautiful roof top seating which is a must do and enjoy the beautifully lit Udaipur. You can easily take the boat ride here and the hotel will book it for you. The Bagore ki Haveli is right on the other side of the lake you just need cross over the footbridge. They have traditional rajasthani folk performances. The hotel was an easy landmark. Would recommend to book a vehicle from the hotel if you are coming from the airport. Since this is located in the old city of Udaipur. The uber cabs may refuse to come due to narrow roads.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

It’s a nice hotel with all the amenities. Right on the lake pichola. Had a great view. The 1st floor rooms with a balcony are very good. But if you go with a child you need an extra bed as the beds are small. The rooftop restaurant is also very nice with good food & excellent ambience. Mr.Manohar from the hotel helped us with all the bookings & the taxis.He was of great help & made our stay very comfortable.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Poojapuri77
Reviewed August 12, 2018

For my first ever solo trip, I couldn't have chosen a better city, and a better place to stay! A charming, old-world back alley leads one to this beautiful heritage hotel, situated right (and i mean, RIGHT) on top of Lake Pichola. As soon as i saw my lovely first-floor room, it was love at first sight. The deal maker? My very own private balcony, right on top of the lake, where I spent several hours on each of my 4 days there, gazing out at the rippling waters, admiring the architecture across the lake, and just watching the hours flit by. Being right across the City Palace, Jagmohan temple and several other historical attractions, i could walk over to these places and do a lot of sightseeing on foot. On days when i was inclined to stay indoors, i wandered around the beautiful property and admired the many historical paintings and sketches on display, each with an interesting back story. The food was excellent, especially my dinner on their rooftop restaurant, Upre, where the feast on my plate (the most sumptuous safed murg, and may i also recommend their laal maas and dhungaar maas!) almost matched the feast for my eyes that was the City Palace by night, lit up like a fairytale castle on the glittering lake. My review wouldn't be complete without a big shout-out to the warmth and hospitality of my hosts, Mr C.B. Singh and family (including their adorable dog, Mona), and of each member of the hotel staff, many of whom went out of their way to make me feel at home, be it stitching on a torn button at short notice, or giving me a bike ride to the market! Beautiful hotel, beautiful people, beautiful city....what more can a solo traveller want?

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed July 24, 2018

Lake Pichola Hotel is a charming hotel with beautiful, well-maintained grounds and rooms. The hotel’s winning quality is its prime lakefront location which affords views right across Lake Pichola from its lake-facing rooms. However, the road leading to the main entrance of the hotel is impossibly narrow and busy and our driver had trouble driving through several times. On the first day, we had arrived rather late in the evening after a long journey from Ranthambore. After spending a long time negotiating the narrow and congested road, we still wound up stuck about 50m to the hotel entrance, so we had to drag our suitcases to the hotel on our own. This is not such a big deal but we thought the hotel could be more alert in looking out for guests especially since we had a prior booking so they must be expecting us. And then, not realising we were already at the check-in counter, the wait staff went on a wild goose chase with our welcome drinks and garlands. I definitely think the hotel can improve its finesse in this aspect and perhaps earn that extra star. Another disappointment we encountered was the closure of the pool for upgrades. In addition to the lakefront location, the rooftop pool was the other key feature of the hotel and I was disappointed that this wasn’t made known to potential guests at the point of booking. The viewing balcony also did not have chairs and umbrellas laid out beautifully as shown in the photos. I understand it may be off season and the best opportunity for maintenance works but I feel guests’ experience should not be compromised. Other than these, we had a lovely stay and found the staff warm and helpful. If I ever get to visit Udaipur again, I would love to check this place out again and hopefully be able to appreciate all its amenities next time.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple