“Horrible experience!!!! Staff is the worst I have seen....”

Hotel Hilltop Palace
Ranked #69 of 163 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Most disgusting stay. Services are extreme poor and staff is very very rude. The location is beautiful but all other things are ugly,....... I was most attracted towards the location but the service provided is very poor. Rooms are horrible and extremely poor maintained

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Shankar0568
There are newer reviews for Hotel Hilltop Palace

Reviewed November 2, 2012

The hotel is very nicely located, with lovely views of the Fateh Sagar Lake. Stayed with family and family friend. Wanted to give a surprise holiday to family at a short notice. Kaumudi ( my wife) was very happy with the arrangements and the evening view of the lake from the hotel background park. Arastoo ( son) wanted to stay for more days. Even Gisela, wife's German friend, was very impressed

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed for just a night. Very spacious, clean and comfortable rooms. We had a wonderful view of the Fateh Sagar Lake. The hotel is about 12 min away from the railway station and we paid 40 bucks for an auto.
Staff were quick and attentive. We had only 1 meal - breakfast, which was decent. They serve mostly Indian food with eggs and toast; nothing to write home about.
The hotel helped us arrange an auto for the whole day for Rs. 800 but their knowledge of other modes of transport like city buses and trains wasn't very good.
We paid Rs 3300/- for 1 night's stay. We would totally recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The hotel is in a mgnificent position overlooking the large lakes and the downstairs reception areas are very well maintained. Upstairs, the rooms are a different matter altogether apart from the view. I was with a group of 13 and our rooms were in a very poor state of repair. The bathrooms in particular were dirty and smelly and the management would not change people to other rooms. Three times I complained as did another couple, that the toilet would not flush properly. They did nothing about it. The furniture, towels and bed linen were very old and worn . The meals were OK.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Excellent Lake view room, nice balcony to enjoy the evening with the view of the lake. Courteous staff offering very good service. Tasty breakfast with variety - South Indian, North Indian, continental. Had stayed with parents and it was very convenient. The room service was also very good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I had planned a trip on 20th Sep check in and 22nd Sep check out. I discussed the rates etc with reservations desk, and sent them an e-mail to confirm the same along with a lake facing room. For more than a month they did not reply or confirm my reservation despite followups. On 19th Sep night at 12.45, they confirmed that the room is available (by that time I already made arrangements elsewhere). Since, I had 1 more night left in Udaipur, I asked them if I can get a lake facing room - which I preferred - to which they replied again that it is not available (they why on earth they confirmed the same on mail. Therefore, I preferred to stay in the hotel where I made alternate arrangement and chose never to get back to them. Had I left my stay depended on them, I am sure me and my family were going to have a tough time.

I wonder what kind of hospitality they can provide, if they are so unprofessional even even before they receive guests. There is a lack of ownership and attitude to service guests.

Room Tip: Avoid, if you chose not to make your stay unpredictable.
Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Fazalbhai
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The Hotel is Ideally situated on the hill just besides the Fatehsagar Lake. The Hotel looks fantastic when you enter it. However when you get to the room(Which was Lake View Deluxe in my case) the view, ambience and all the good things kind of fade away quickly. When you enter the room the entrance is quite a bit narrow. The furniture is old. But, the view from the balcony is amazing. The Television set is a CRT one not even flat screen. The Housekeeping is lathargic. They did not even come to our room once in our three days of stay. We had to complain to get our room cleaned. The room service is quite okay, its not the fastet but its not the slowest either. Room service is not good. I complained of the Television remote not working. One guy came to check immediately and vanished stating that he will send the technician in 15minutes but no one came till late next evening after complaining again. Food is alright but a bit expensive for the kind of quality. Overall Just OK experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends