“Excellent place to stay”

Hotel Hilltop Palace
Ranked #66 of 161 Hotels in Udaipur
Bengaluru, India
“Excellent place to stay”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Excellent Lake view room, nice balcony to enjoy the evening with the view of the lake. Courteous staff offering very good service. Tasty breakfast with variety - South Indian, North Indian, continental. Had stayed with parents and it was very convenient. The room service was also very good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I had planned a trip on 20th Sep check in and 22nd Sep check out. I discussed the rates etc with reservations desk, and sent them an e-mail to confirm the same along with a lake facing room. For more than a month they did not reply or confirm my reservation despite followups. On 19th Sep night at 12.45, they confirmed that the room is available (by that time I already made arrangements elsewhere). Since, I had 1 more night left in Udaipur, I asked them if I can get a lake facing room - which I preferred - to which they replied again that it is not available (they why on earth they confirmed the same on mail. Therefore, I preferred to stay in the hotel where I made alternate arrangement and chose never to get back to them. Had I left my stay depended on them, I am sure me and my family were going to have a tough time.

I wonder what kind of hospitality they can provide, if they are so unprofessional even even before they receive guests. There is a lack of ownership and attitude to service guests.

Room Tip: Avoid, if you chose not to make your stay unpredictable.
Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Fazalbhai

Travelers are raving about these Udaipur hotels

New Delhi
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The Hotel is Ideally situated on the hill just besides the Fatehsagar Lake. The Hotel looks fantastic when you enter it. However when you get to the room(Which was Lake View Deluxe in my case) the view, ambience and all the good things kind of fade away quickly. When you enter the room the entrance is quite a bit narrow. The furniture is old. But, the view from the balcony is amazing. The Television set is a CRT one not even flat screen. The Housekeeping is lathargic. They did not even come to our room once in our three days of stay. We had to complain to get our room cleaned. The room service is quite okay, its not the fastet but its not the slowest either. Room service is not good. I complained of the Television remote not working. One guy came to check immediately and vanished stating that he will send the technician in 15minutes but no one came till late next evening after complaining again. Food is alright but a bit expensive for the kind of quality. Overall Just OK experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed with my family at Hotel Hilltop Palace for 4 nights in August. I had a lake face room with an excellent view and a good balcony. However, the room I was alloted was a bit tired & did need re-furbishment. I had booked the lake facing room through a travel website. I was promised a room with a swing in it..... as was shown on the website. I thought my little kids would like that. However, my room did not have the swing. My kids were a little disappointed. I mentioned this at the reception. I undertand that some of the rooms have been refurbished & some have not. I was alloted a room that was not re-furbished. Even the chairs in the balconies of the refurbished rooms were better. I was promised that they would change my room during my stay as soon as one was available. However, inspite of various reminders during my 4 day stay, the same was not done. There was no baby pool & no play area. So... there was not much to keep the kids occupied. There was a bit of a problem with water in the bathrooms in the morning...... either there was no cold water or there was no hot water. However, complaints about water were attended to promptly. The breakfast buffet is the same on alternate days..... so for a stay more than 2 days, the food can be boring. Overall, a decent place.... the view from the balcony makes up for all the little issues.

Room Tip: Take lake facing room on 4th floor or 5th floor. Insist on a refurbished room at the time of check-i...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JRD_Mumbai
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed here for a single night, on way to Kumbalgarh. The rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable. The location is excellent, with good views, and proximity to the lake, as well as the city shopping areas.

We would definitely visit this place again.

Room Tip: Do get rooms with lake view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Surat
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Stayed for three nights, rooms have old furniture and brand new AC, even wash rooms needs maintenance, only and only plus point of the property is that it has too good view from lake facing rooms, situated on hill top, good big galleries from rooms gives awesome views, try and get rooms on their top floors only, the first and second floors do not have good views. Once you reach back to hotel in evening, you feel relaxed, good terrace bar and restaurant, food is good and not expensive. The staff was friendly and service was fairly efficient except sometime from housekeeping and room service. They have some problem in their telephony system. overall the hotel could be better. nevertheless we enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: Only rooms on thrid floor with lake facing will give you charm of staying at Hilltop Palace.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed April 10, 2012

The hotel seemed pretty nice from outside.....Its a big property on the top of a hill overlooking the fateh sagar lake but the harrowing experience we had to go through in the next 2 days was quite an eye-opener....do not judge a book by its cover....the guys in the reception were quite indifferent...its as if someone was forcing them to sit there & work....The room was a lake facing room with minimal fittings....the food we ordered after check in was quite bad (the breakfast though was okay,if & only if u r accustomed to indian food)& we made sure that we did not order any more food in the hotel....
The worst part of our stay here was waiting for us the next morning....The water in the taps stopped flowing after a five minute use.....We informed the house keeping who did not respond in the next 20 minutes....I went down to the reception to complain & the guys there acted as if it was a normal affair.....The housekeeping reported after that,called their plumber & after spending almost half an hour inside told us that it would take some time to repair.....We had to go out on our sightseeing tour & had to finish our morning ablutions(yes,we were holding it till then)....Their solution was sending us two buckets of water(imagine this after spending almost 10k INR for our two days stay)....My wife was fuming....We were in a hurry so we somehow managed with the water & they assured us that everything would be ok by the time we came back....When we came back in the evening water supply was normal....
The next morning the same problem occurred....We were to check out of the hotel that morning for our onward trip to pushkar so we had to freshen up fast...Again the same process--calling up the reception,plumber coming to check,etc....My wife had lost it by then....The housekeeping guys just kept staring at us blankly not even caring about a solution....I went down to the reception & asked on of those indifferent receptionists to provide us with a toilet with water so that we could at least check out....They provided us with the toilet of the uncleaned adjoining room(the occupants had checked out about half an hour ago or so)....My wife had to go but I was feeling too disgusted to use it....We were like relieved by the time we checked out.....
The property is nice & has a lot of potential but the hotel badly needs some trained staff & a good plumber!!!!

Room Tip: go for a lake facing room
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple