We stayed with our two kids in December in a suite. Service was formal and not particularly friendly. The room was nice as you'd expect for £300 a night but the bathroom fairly tired. The pool was too cold to swim in. The food was ok, good continental choice as well as quite interesting Indian. It generally lacked any atmosphere. It's position is good as you'd expect being part of the palace complex but nothing is too far away in the centre of Udaipur.
I would not recommend staying here unless you like really formal service with no atmosphere. Much better to go stay in a lake facing suite at the Jagat Niwas Palace where we stayed as well and although no pool it has a great roof top restaurant and lovely chill out areas with gorgeous lake views and was simply charming, with really lovely warm staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where once the Maharanas of Mewar held court, today you can hold forthLocated on the eastern shores of the picturesque Lake Pichola, the palace seems to have floated straight out of a fairytale.The history-soaked interiors, dotted with miniature paintings, portraits, royal artefacts and the armoury of the Mewar dynasty transport you to legendary times.The suites and rooms decorated with original paintings and period furniture from the toshakhanas or royal storerooms, cocoon you in velvety luxury as you soak in the ever-changing hues of the lake from large arched windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Fastbooking, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fateh Prakash Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fateh Prakash Palace Udaipur
- Fateh Prakash Palace Hotel Udaipur