We stayed here for one night and just could not get enough of anything. Priced definitely on the higher side, but you get back worth every penny spent. This is the palace where dynasties of kings of Mewar had resided and guess who's there next building - The present king and his family. To discover the palace around where you stay will take a comfortable 2 days. So you can keep the rest of Udaipur for the next lot of days.
You realize here that the place you are staying itself is a tourist attraction in Udaipur. With the package comes all the required passes to explore the palace completely.
The dinner was one of the most amazing Ambiance/Taste you will ever experience. The restaurant staff allows you to enjoy each course of the meal at leisure. The dinner is an experience that you can carry on for 2 to 3 hours feeling the place in all its glory. The staff really works to give you this spaced out feeling.
The only thing that other places in Udaipur can give you, that this place cannot, is the view of Fateh Prakash itself. ;)
There is live classical music playing at all the meals including breakfast.
The staff is exceptionally well behaved and friendly. Its like you have gone to a house of a really nice friend. Everybody is so happy to help you.
It was my wife's birthday we were bringing in. With this information that I gave the manager, apart from greeting us with the midnight cake, all the staff - room service, restaurant staff, the reception desk, all were wishing her. So as long as you are there you really feel like you belong there.
If you like Rajastan and all the royalty around, this is a must visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where once the Maharanas of Mewar held court, today you can hold forthLocated on the eastern shores of the picturesque Lake Pichola, the palace seems to have floated straight out of a fairytale.The history-soaked interiors, dotted with miniature paintings, portraits, royal artefacts and the armoury of the Mewar dynasty transport you to legendary times.The suites and rooms decorated with original paintings and period furniture from the toshakhanas or royal storerooms, cocoon you in velvety luxury as you soak in the ever-changing hues of the lake from large arched windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Fastbooking, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Fateh Prakash Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fateh Prakash Palace Udaipur
- Fateh Prakash Palace Hotel Udaipur