“The bar has been raised to a new level”

The Oberoi Udaivilas
Ranked #3 of 156 Hotels in Udaipur
Vancouver, Canada
“The bar has been raised to a new level”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is one of the most beautiful hotels I have had the privilege to stay at.
We stayed in one of the rooms with the semi private pool. It was outstanding.
The staff seemed to anticipate our needs and have things we want waiting for us.
The chef came to our table every meal and checked we were enjoying our food.
The spa was beyond anything I have ever seen. We are big spa people so our standard is pretty high. It was my birthday while I was there and they had spelled out "Happy Birthday" in rose petals on the floor of my treatment room! Then gave me some complimentary treatments as well as the massage I had booked.
My friend and I kept wondering how we were going to go home to our normal lives after this experience......we were spoiled rotten.

Room Tip: The semi private pool rooms are sublime.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Misssdr
Vincent G, General Manager at The Oberoi Udaivilas, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing on trip advisor and for sharing your wonderful review with us.

We are pleased to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed our accommodation, hospitality, services and facilities and we were able
to par your expectations.

It is the encouraging feedback from patrons like you which keeps us motivated to strive for excellence in all aspects. Thank you once again for your support, recommendation and for appreciating our efforts so well.

We would be delighted to have the chance of welcoming you once again. Please contact me directly when you next intend to travel to Udaipur or to any Oberoi destination.

Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (566)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed July 1, 2013

One of the best hotel . hospitality was superb. They make you feel like king. Marvellous if you could afford the price. Among the best location in udaipur. The staff is extremely helpful and cooperative.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.

We all are extremely delighted to know that you have thoroughly enjoyed our accommodation, surroundings, food, personalized services and had a memorable stay.

Your compliments about the team and product are the mark of respect and they made all of us to feel proud of being a part of Oberoi and they encourages us to always present our finest services.

We look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I don’t think words can express the hospitality my daughter and I received at The Oberoi Udaivilas. From the moment we arrived at this Resort Hotel we were treated like Royalty for the duration of our stay. The service received from every single staff member was flawless and in all the years that I have travelled and stayed in Hotels & Resorts I have never experienced service levels like we did at the Udaivilas. When we checked in we were initially given a premier room with a garden view which was amazing however after the first night and noisy kids a couple of rooms away from us the hotel moved us into a premier lake facing room with a semi private pool which had views to ‘die for’, we literally thought we had died and gone to heaven…the rooms where so comfortable and with having our own pool we cancelled our driver one of the days and spent most of the day at our pool. We were initially going to stay at another property located on the lake and changed our minds at the last minute – it was the best decision we made as the property exceeded every expectation. There are to many staff members to thank personally but I would like the GM to know that he has an amazing team working with him and this made our stay so wonderful, thank you. Should I return to Udaipur for a holiday I will most definitely stay at the Udaivilas again and next time for a longer period. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to any travel travelling to Udaipur.

Room Tip: Premier lake facing rooms..
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for the incredible review.
Your generous words of appreciations about the property, food and services are really immeasurable.

We strive everyday to deliver the best experiences to our guests and extremely grateful when these are being recognized. Your compliments have been shared with team and they are extremely delighted to know that their efforts are so well appreciated.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you wish to organize any Oberoi trip. We would love to see you again soon!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My benchmark for quality service has been raised to a new height after my trip here. I was initially torn between the Taj Lake Palace & Udaivilas and went for Oberoi instead. The service here is just extraordinary. As mentioned in all reviews, the Lake Palace is very pretty but it remains a palace discussed as a luxury hotel and in some places it shows. The Oberoi was build as a luxury resort in Udaipur and everything corner showcases their attention to detail.

I went in June which is considered off-season in Rajasthan and through emails, the staff were made aware that it was my anniversary. They surprised us with a rose petal shower when we entered, had a cake for us in our room, and a rose bath spa in our room.

The manager, Vincent personally came out to greet us and escorted us to the breakfast area.
Everyone there spoiled us. The chef comes out to speak to you personally, and suggest you dishes.

Unfortunately, there is no breakfast buffet concept. There is a cold buffet and you can order Ala-carte from the hot buffet or a deal which is helpings of cold buffet + 1 main hot dish. The food though is delicious and perfect.

I recommend you go out of the menu and be imaginative. I have had meals where I have just told the Chef I feel like having something spicy and allowed him full creative control and it was perfect.

Advantage Udaivilas has over Taj is you aren't restricted by the location or the hotel transport. You can take a rickshaw from the main gate to any of the non-Hotel based dining options in Udaipur.

However, Oberoi best assets remain their staff and their service. Every employee knows you by first name and last. He or she knows how you like your food, which fool allergy you have, how you like your room, what is your preferred AC temperature, and they all go out of their way to spoil you.

You want to be transported to another level of luxury, select Udaivilas. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Take the pool with the semi-private pool. It is worth it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It was pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you very much for sharing such a wonderful review.

We are glad to know that you liked our services, accommodation and surroundings and had an exceptional stay. Your words of praises are everlasting and encourage us to present our best hospitality always.

Thank you for appreciating our team. They really work hard to deliver very high levels of services consistently.

We would love to see you again soon and for longer this time! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you wish to organize any Oberoi trip.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We decided to take a short break with our daughter at Udaivilas.Called the hotel for reservations and were assisted to get the rooms just as per our need.We were given the premier lake facing rooms with semi private pool.Trust us, we had an amazing view of the lake from our room window itself with a feeling of infinity pool.The room had a rear courtyard,leading to private deck and pool.
The OBEROI hospitality has to be experienced,no words can do justice to it.From the moment one lands in Udaipur and till one leaves this beautiful resort, it is a different world.
The entire staff is extremely polite courteous and prompt in their service.
The resort is so beautifully designed,nestled in the sprawling 50 acres of landscape,that inspite of full occupancy, one gets the peaceful ,private ,personalised holiday,without feeling crowded.
The rooms are spacious and well appointed, with minute details for comfort.
The food was great, with chefs personally looking after each guest for serving the meals as per guest's liking and taste.
We truly had a wonderful time at Udaivilas and highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: premier lake view rooms are the best
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Vincent G, General Manager at The Oberoi Udaivilas, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying and for sharing your experience with us.

Our resort is the reflection of the rich heritage of Mewar, designed with Mugal and Mewari architecture. I am glad to know that you have enjoyed these moments and have carried back cherished memories of your stay with us.

Our rooms with private pool is truly unique overlooking Lake Pichola and no doubt you loved it.

Thank you very much for your everlasting compliments, support and recommendation!!

Please contact me directly when you next intend to travel to Udaipur or to any Oberoi destination, I would be delighted to have the chance of welcoming you once again.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Best property. If you can afford you must stay in. Really luxurious. Tastier and variety of food. Keep it up chefs. Service is little bit slow but can be tolerated because of other qualities. We also used spa and it was really enjoyable.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your compliments with us, they are really very special.

We are delighted to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. We strive everyday to deliver the best experiences to our guests and extremely grateful when these are recognized.

We look forward to welcome you back on your next trip to Udaipur.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were at Udaivilas(UV) recently n must say that we had an incredibly wonderful time. UV offers the ultimate hospitality n luxories, the most beautiful property-perfectly located by the lake, abt 40 acres compound + 20 acres of adjoining sanctuary allows u to be amidst raw nature by the beautiful city-Udaipur. We were pampered thoroughly, my younger sons' BDAY was celebrated most uniquely- both my sons were involved in baking a cake under the guidance of the superchef n so on. Let me share my comment on fb- God knows abt Srinagar, but Udaivilas is surely paradise on earth..
Cheers
Vikram Verma

Dear Guest,
It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and thank you so much for the remarkable review!!

I am happy to know that you have enjoyed the accommodation, services, tranquil environment and the beautiful surroundings at The Oberoi Udaivilas.

It gives me immense pleasure to pass on a copy of your appreciations to the team about their commendable services. Thank you so much for your support and recommendation!!

We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Oberoi Udaivilas on banks of Lake Pichola.

Besr regards