“Absolutely fantabulous”

Ranked #3 of 161 Hotels in Udaipur
New Delhi, India
“Absolutely fantabulous”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is one of the most beautiful properties I came across in Udaipur. The place has its own charm and you can feel the charm as soon as you step in. I remember the stories of heaven told as a kid to me by my mother and I felt all those tales came alive as soon as I entered the place. The golf car came to pick us as we had gone to the place to have our dinner. The golf car was followed by several men and women bowing down to us giving us a totally royal experience.
The dinner was exceptional topping it up with some amazing desserts. This is a must go place in udaipur. One of the best five star hotels I have ever been to in my life. I highly recommend this place to any art or beauty lover. Trust me this place wont disappoint you.

1 Thank mrigankupadhyay
Vincent G, General Manager at The Oberoi Udaivilas, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out and giving a incredible review on your experience.

It has been our constant endeavor to offer an experience that make you feel the royal era. Our resort includes the magnificent setting combines with royal service to make your holiday a journey into the romance and grandeur of another century.

Your appreciation of our performance is a great source of inspiration for us to attain even higher standards of service excellence.

My team and I look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits to the city of lakes, Udaipur .

Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (580)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed at Udaivilas in july 2012. Got picked up from airport and railway station in BMW,s as we arrived in two groups with total 4 rooms for two nights.We arrived at the hotel by boat wow. The check-in was efficient and we were given a room to freshen up while we waited for our rooms to be ready as we arrived earlier than the check-in time. were greeted by GM on arrival. We booked 3 rooms with semi private pool and one deluxe room. Upgraded and given all rooms with private pool. Resort is beautiful with lot of greenery and smiling and helpful staff all around. Staff goes out of the way to make your stay pleasant and atmosphere in the hotel is so relaxed and friendly. The food is very good, made even better due to the service. We ordered a chicken dish and felt it was very well cooked though a bit overpowering with spices and commented that to the waiter just as a after thought and next thing we know the Chef himself came with the same dish cooked perfectly with milder spices...amazing the level of service at Udaivilas is so high up there keep it up. after this trip I always find myself comparing other hotels with Udaivilas and see the difference in the level of service. Best place for a romantic get away in India

Room Tip: room with semi private pool
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Amit G
Vincent G, General Manager at The Oberoi Udaivilas, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your glorious feedback!

I am truly happy to read that our services and facilities were able to serve you perfectly and professionally.

Your exceptional appraisal is a source of motivation by which we always strive to achieve excellence.

We all look forward to welcome you back.

New York City, New York
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I fully understand why Oberoi Hotels receive the accolades they do.... There is nothing like these hotels that we have ever experienced ! From the rooms, the food, most most importantly the attitude and attentiveness and hospitality of the staff, the Oberoi chain far surpasses all the rest. My husband and I have traveled all over the world and have been fortunate to stay in wonderful hotels, but on our recent trip to India, nothing could have prepared us for the Oberoi experience ! Go for it, it is well worth it ! Teri & Allen Litman, N.Y.C

2 Thank Teri L
Dear Guest,
It was a pleasure having you stay with us at The Oberoi Hotels and Resorts. Thank you for taking time and writing on trip advisor.

Your feedback has been shared with the team and they are elated to fathom that you enjoyed your stay.

Your appreciation of our performance is a great source of encouragement and we are motivated to preserve and attain even higher standards of service excellence.

We are looking forward to your returning soon.

hong kong
Reviewed December 25, 2012

It is difficult to stay at any other hotels after spending a few nights in Udaivillas altthough we had stayed a few nights before at the Oberoi Vanyavila with excellent personalised service in beautiful surroundings. Our family of four arrived exhausted from a long train journey from Jaipur at 11pm. The cars and team greeted us warmly and immediately made us feel comfortable . Our dinner orders were efficiently taken in the car, it was only a fifteen minutes drive to the hotel. Rose petals were sprinkled from the balcony as we walked into the hotel lobby. Deepak the head housekeeper took care of us from that very moment and made sure we felt more than at home. The restaurant was kept open for us, and we had a shower before meeting the smiling staff who served us a delicious Indian meal prepared by Chef Deep. The menu is varied with Indian, South East Asian and continental choices. Everything was cooked to a high standard . Needless to stay we slept very soundly the first night in our majestic rooms.
The next day we visited the town in the morning and soon were back to relax at the premises of the hotel. All four of us had a very professional haircut by Sanjay the hotel's hairdresser trained by Vidal Sassoon as well as by family trade for generations. He was a perfectionist , as noted by my 12 year old daughter. The spa is luxurious and there were couples waiting for their spa treatment. For children there were numerous activities that could be organised including camel rides, pottery, kite flying.
We were made to feel very special and given all the attention in the world during our stay. A big thank you to Vincent Guironnet and his team. THis was a very memorable experience to us and we intend to go back as soon as we can !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Vincent G, General Manager at The Oberoi Udaivilas, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your incredible review. It was a pleasure having you stay with us at The Oberoi Udaivilas.

Thank you for your special appreciation and for recognizing Deepak, Chef Deep and Sanjay for their personal attention.

The team and I look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of the best of Oberoi hospitality.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you wish to organize any Oberoi trip.

San Francisco
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Our company's management offsite was held at this gorgeous hotel, where everyone is made to feel like royalty. The rooms are grounds are beautifully maintained and have a touch of old world elegance. One could not ask for a more luxurious stay - but I certainly would not foot the bill personally. Plus, there's really nothing to do outside of the grounds of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time and writing on trip advisor. It was our pleasure to serve you for the stay you held at The Oberoi Udaivilas.

Your appreciation about the rooms, grounds, staff are really very special. We are glad to know that we were able to made a relaxing environment for you and it was a memorable stay with us.

We all look forward to welcome you back in not too distant future.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed December 24, 2012

The moment we arrived it was apparant we were somewhere very special. From the first to the last encounter with the hotel and its staff it was flawless. The hotel property is second to none and the staff anticipate your every want and obliges with fullfillment and a most pleasant attitiude. They upgrated us to a suite which surpassed any that we had previously stayed in during our many worldwide travels. A well appointed bedroom, a bathroom to be envived, walk in closet, living room area, dining area and to mtop it off a private swimming pool, dech and outside eating gezebo. Needless to say and exceptional experience for us .

Room Tip: The five suites care exceptional
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It was indeed a pleasure welcoming you in our dream location.

I am glad that we were able to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of inspiration to our staff and it encourages us to achieve even higher standards of service.

We all look forward to welcome you back in not too distant future.

Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed December 18, 2012

There is no doubt in my mind why the Udaivilas is rated #1 in Asia and #5 in the world (I need to find out who is number 1 in the world). This is the best hotel and the most awesome experience I have ever had. The entire property felt like Disneyland (so magical) only better. Upon arriving, the staff showered us with rose petals. Breakfast each day was so amazing. I have never ever had better service anywhere in my life (and I've been all over the world). They are warm, hospitable and seem like they can't do enough for you. I normally do not have the time or the interest to write reviews, but I could not let this one go. In my opinion, this is the finest hotel in the universe. Staying there was a magical experience all the way around. Awesome rooms, food, location, staff, pool, view, herb garden (thanks for the tour Rupak - the chef) and an almost private dinner over looking the lake with the most wonderful customized meal of my life!! Wow, wow, wow. Thank you!!! Oh, I forgot to say that I had the most wonderful massage of my life here. The ayervedic massage is beyond amazing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Vincent G, General Manager at The Oberoi Udaivilas, responded to this review, December 20, 2012

Wow What a review!

We are delighted to hear you have thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. We strive everyday to deliver the best experiences to our guests. Thank you once again for taking the time to write to us and for sharing your expereince.

I am grateful for your appreciation of our facilities and services provided by the team. The highly motivated and well trained staff is a distinctive feature of Udaivilas, who provide exceptionally attentive, personalized and warm service. They were pleased to know that their efforts were so well recognized.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to The Oberoi Group and Udaivilas ( Magical Disneyland).

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you wish to organise any Oberoi trip.