I was in Delhi for a month, interning and staying with my aunt. She told me that we'll be going to "Taj Lake Palace" for a weekend.My ecstasy was at another level. I had already visited Udaipur 8 years ago and saw this marvel floating on Lake Pichola. It was my dream since then to see how was it from inside.
Our trip started on a bad note as our flight got delayed by 4 hours and we were just praying that they do not cancel it. However, when we reached Udaipur, we were greeted with smiling faces of Samraat, our personal butler and the driver. When we were on the boat riding towards the Lake palace, I couldn't control my excitement. We were given a royal welcome with the rose petals shower. Since we were so tired we headed straight towards our room.We stayed in Chander Prakash Suite. As we entered it,my mouth dropped with astonishment. It felt as though I have stepped into a King's chamber.We ordered some tea and snacks which was served by Samraat in our suite itself.
In the evening, there was a cultural dance programme for the guests. Also a meeting with the in house astrologer was fixed. It was such a wonderful experience with the astrologer. We had a Rajasthani thali for dinner at their Indian restaurant "Neelkamal". The thali had a huge spread of delicious delicacies.
Next day, they arranged for a guide who took us for a tour to the City palace. We went to the City palace museum and crystal gallery. We went back and had lunch at their multi cuisine restuarant "jharoka".
In the evening, we went for sunset cruise around the lake.
A "unique dining experience" was arranged for us at one of their terraces called "mewar terrace". Food was served by Samraat.
Next day, with a heavy heart we left for Delhi.
It was the hospitality and great service of the staff that made our stay so wonderful and memorable.
The constant pampering and great service of Samraat made our stay so comfortable. He was always available for whatever we needed, with a forever smiling face, just a call away.
The most touching gesture was when we asked him that we want to get " pyaaz ka kachodi" and "ghevar" packed for home from a local shop, he told us that he'll get them made at the hotel itself.
This was one of the best trips of my life, till date. I would love to go back any day.I did really live like a Royal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ethereal Taj Lake Palace affords guests the pleasures of India's bygone princely era. Over the centuries, it has played host to royalty, poets and writers and the Maharana's guests. Trappings like a welcoming vintage car ride to the charming city of Udaipur, the Jiva Spa boat, royal butlers, recipes from traditional Mewari cuisine and arrival by boat - all little facets that make this former pleasure palace the celebrated luxury hotel it is today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, DerbySoftTaj, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Taj Lake Palace Udaipur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Lake Palace Udaipur Hotel Udaipur
- Lake Palace Udaipur
- Taj Lake Palace Hotel Udaipur
- Lake Palace Hotel Udaipur
- Udaipur Taj Lake Palace