“Walked into a fairy tale.”

Taj Lake Palace Udaipur
Ranked #2 of 161 Hotels in Udaipur
“Walked into a fairy tale.”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I was in Delhi for a month, interning and staying with my aunt. She told me that we'll be going to "Taj Lake Palace" for a weekend.My ecstasy was at another level. I had already visited Udaipur 8 years ago and saw this marvel floating on Lake Pichola. It was my dream since then to see how was it from inside.
Our trip started on a bad note as our flight got delayed by 4 hours and we were just praying that they do not cancel it. However, when we reached Udaipur, we were greeted with smiling faces of Samraat, our personal butler and the driver. When we were on the boat riding towards the Lake palace, I couldn't control my excitement. We were given a royal welcome with the rose petals shower. Since we were so tired we headed straight towards our room.We stayed in Chander Prakash Suite. As we entered it,my mouth dropped with astonishment. It felt as though I have stepped into a King's chamber.We ordered some tea and snacks which was served by Samraat in our suite itself.
In the evening, there was a cultural dance programme for the guests. Also a meeting with the in house astrologer was fixed. It was such a wonderful experience with the astrologer. We had a Rajasthani thali for dinner at their Indian restaurant "Neelkamal". The thali had a huge spread of delicious delicacies.
Next day, they arranged for a guide who took us for a tour to the City palace. We went to the City palace museum and crystal gallery. We went back and had lunch at their multi cuisine restuarant "jharoka".
In the evening, we went for sunset cruise around the lake.
A "unique dining experience" was arranged for us at one of their terraces called "mewar terrace". Food was served by Samraat.
Next day, with a heavy heart we left for Delhi.

It was the hospitality and great service of the staff that made our stay so wonderful and memorable.
The constant pampering and great service of Samraat made our stay so comfortable. He was always available for whatever we needed, with a forever smiling face, just a call away.
The most touching gesture was when we asked him that we want to get " pyaaz ka kachodi" and "ghevar" packed for home from a local shop, he told us that he'll get them made at the hotel itself.

This was one of the best trips of my life, till date. I would love to go back any day.I did really live like a Royal.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank DevikaAgarwal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (654)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We arrived at the lake Palace on my birthday and believe me, was made to feel like royalty from the moment we arrived at the recieving side of the lake. we were in the Maharani Suite and the room was like a fairytale, lit with candles, rose petals and a birthyday cake,the staff and service was out of this world and the spa treatment on the Jeeva floating boat was a worthwhile experience my number one choice for a romantice getaway food was superb and view overlooking the lake, breathtaking

Room Tip: the Maharani suite
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
mumbai
Reviewed July 29, 2014

If u wonder if there is heaven on earth then you must visit this place as it is a marvel on the Land of Kings.I visited this place on 24th July and had booked 2 rooms only for a night, right from the travel through the lake to the time you leave the resort the HOSPITALITY YOU WILL RECEIVE IS TO ANOTHER LEVEL.

The welcome was with rose petals showered with tika for good luck followed by the welcome drink.

The rooms are just amazing....

Your care is taken like a king here.

The price what the charge you and payback is sheer pleasure and hospitality of the place and the staff here.

I would recommend this hotel as the #1 in India.

Room Tip: Any room has the bliss of lake PIchola and peace of Heaven.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I didn't know where to head for a short vacation since most of India is flooded with monsoon at this time of the year. I shortlisted Jammu Kashmir & Udaipur after lot of research and when I finally decided that it will be Udaipur there were no second thoughts about the selection of a hotel. It had to be Taj lake palace because I had read & heard so much about this hotel that I was dying to experience the stay. We were a couple with two kids (one is 4 year & other is 9 months). I called them two days in advance to arrange a pick up service from airport & as promised a Landrover was waiting for us. It's about 25-30 Km journey from airport to pier where we were given a warm welcome. Then it was a short boat ride from jetty to hotel where we had a grand welcome & were treated like a royal family. We were told that the monsoon was late by about 20 days due to which the condition remained humid till two days after our arrival. I have to admit that Taj lake palace redfines the meaning of hospitality. From the time we were received at the airport to the time we were dropped off, it was immaculate. Whether it's the driver, front desk, people at restaurant, boat driver, house keeping staff - every one of them were so friendly, polite & had a smile on their faces all the time. In fact I would say this is the frienliest hotel I have ever stayed. I had booked a room with lake view & it was beautiful. We had a 4 night / 5 day stay out which 3 evenings we had rain. One thing I would cherish is sitting in the room with a hot cup of tea & just watching the rain creating small ripple effect in the lake. There are two restaurants & a bar. One of them is only for dinner while the other is a full day restaurant. There were some cultural programs to entertain the guests every evening. Kids have nothing much to do here except swimming so the hotel staff try to keep them engage with chef for some chocolate making classes or arranging movies for them which is complimentary. The bed I would say was too small for two aults & two kids & we should have opted for a twin room. I am not giving excellent rating for few reasons which I would like to mention - no wifi service in room (many 3 star hotels give this facility now a days), breakfast menu is quite limited & have nothing much to offer due to which we skipped breakfast after the first day, there is no drop off facility for nearby land mark locations such as crystal palace, vintage car show etc., (Carrying two small kids in the humid conditions was terrible) Lastly, there are some open spaces in the first floor with no railing which is a potential hazard for falling directly into the lake. At least there should be some caution signs which can be an alram for parents swith small kids. Though few would say it's quite expensive, I would say exeperience the hotel before you say anything. Strongly recommended if you can afford but avoid before monsoon if you are not used to humid conditions.

Room Tip: Choose a room with lake view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank navjyo08
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

It will be very difficult to stay anywhere else once you've stayed at the lake palace. Steeped in history the only thing that matches the amazingness of this place is the group of people that work Here. The taj means service and the perfect personal touch but the team here take it to another level. If you come to udaipur do stay here, you will leave with the happiest memories and the self promise that you have to come back.

• Stayed July 2014
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I felt like a James Bond girl....when you arrive before taking the riva boat to cross...you already feel like you are in a movie...We had a suite upgrade as it was my birthday with a chocolate cake prepared especially for me...and a big bunch of red roses...what a gift and attention...check in is done in the room, the view is amazing, bathroom with an old bathtub, loved it. The spa is one of the best I have ever tried, I had a 3 hours treatment, the massage was wonderful.
The restaurant (indian food) is wonderful (try the Indian mix speciality), the bar is so relaxing.
Well again, Taj is making your dreams come true....well done!
PS: they even informed us when we checked in that our plane 2 days later was cancelled....we were so lucky to be informed as it allowed us to call our driver and ask him to finally drive us to our next destination....so one advice: when you confirm your bookings in India do not forget to give them your flights details...it can save you :-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sabi_nice
New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 23, 2014

When we reached at the Hotel, we already understand why the hotel is ranked number 1. Each and every staff shows their hospitality and sincerity. The rooms are very nicely designed, the beds are very comfortable, the bathroom simply helps you to wash off the tiredness of the day. The Room service was excellent, we can simply enjoy the tranquility. The TAJ LAKE PALACE one is surely best of the best.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends