Wow - what a place - what a palace.
A Honeymoon trip here started only so-so after a wonderful late night welcome as the room (Number 235) was disappointing even if it had a large private terrace with wonderful views of Lake Picola. We both felt as if we had been put into the 'cheap seats' so to speak so when I expressed our disappointment the following morning MV Srikant on behalf of the concierge did an outstanding job of getting us moved. He said Mr Wheeler you will not be disappointed with the new room we have for you - he wasn't wrong!! The suite he put us in called Mayur Mahal was utterly without comparison to the earlier room even if it didn't have an outside terrace. This was what we were expecting for the money we paid and the honeymoon experience we were anticipating. Thank you MV Srikant - you were indeed not wrong.
All of the staff and i mean ALL of the staff were worthy of the highest praise from myself and my wife Nicky. Friendly, polite, gracious, helpful and always aware that staying at the Taj Lake Palace was for all the visitors something special - and it undoubtably was. Yes you could critisise the hotel for a tiny gym, a diddy swimming pool, insufficient sun loungers etc etc but that would be mean spirited.
To add to the overall experience the Hotel even laid on a couple of electric storms which were a sight to behold with thunderous downpours of rain which were several weeks ahead of the start of the monsoon period.
Thank you for a terrific experience - we will return - when we can afford it !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ethereal Taj Lake Palace affords guests the pleasures of India's bygone princely era. Over the centuries, it has played host to royalty, poets and writers and the Maharana's guests. Trappings like a welcoming vintage car ride to the charming city of Udaipur, the Jiva Spa boat, royal butlers, recipes from traditional Mewari cuisine and arrival by boat - all little facets that make this former pleasure palace the celebrated luxury hotel it is today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoftTaj, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Taj Lake Palace Udaipur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Lake Palace Udaipur Hotel Udaipur
- Lake Palace Udaipur
- Taj Lake Palace Hotel Udaipur
- Lake Palace Hotel Udaipur
- Udaipur Taj Lake Palace