My fiancé and I stayed 2 nights at Taj Lake Palace. We flew in from New Delhi arrived Udaipur pretty early and checked in at noon. The arrival experience at the Jetty was very welcoming. The private jetty for Lake Palace guests is remarkable. It has a nice rest area, and the boats tag always available for transfer to the lake palace. Everyone is so courteous and trying to providing best service possible. Check in was done at the jetty and in no time we were transferred to the hotel. On arrival we we greeted with rose petals showered down as we get off the boat and walk to wards the entrance. We were indeed treated as royals. Check in was super speed and the staff were very welcoming. Rahul the GM made sure everything was perfect and made us very comfortable. Great news when we learnt we were upgraded to a suite, best news and I just it better. The room was decorated with rose and yellow flowers arranged from the door to the living room. The brought us a cake and sweets for us. So touched by Taj's hospitality and service.
We were given a full brief of the room and the amenities including a walk around the hotel.
We ordered room service and they were fast and efficient. In the evening we had a private boat ride, and we took lots of pictures, the boat man was so patient with us although we had to extgnua few minutes.
In the evening, we had dinner at the hotel, indian food of course, enjoyed the service and hospitality.
Next day we went for a day tour and some shopping. Transfer both ways were excellent. No time is lost... Breakfast experience was outstanding. The staff takes a lot of initiative and remembers what we liked and ordered them for us the next day. Awesome!!!!.
We really enjoyed Taj Lake Palace. It has a very deep impression for us and we hope to visit again. It's truly a paradise..in every sense of the word. I would like to thank the team at Lake Palace of taking care of us so well. I must say that in the 10 days we were in India, Taj Lake Palace experience was the best, nothing came close.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ethereal Taj Lake Palace affords guests the pleasures of India's bygone princely era. Over the centuries, it has played host to royalty, poets and writers and the Maharana's guests. Trappings like a welcoming vintage car ride to the charming city of Udaipur, the Jiva Spa boat, royal butlers, recipes from traditional Mewari cuisine and arrival by boat - all little facets that make this former pleasure palace the celebrated luxury hotel it is today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Indian Hotels Company Limited, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Taj Lake Palace Udaipur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Lake Palace Udaipur Hotel Udaipur
- Lake Palace Udaipur
- Taj Lake Palace Hotel Udaipur
- Lake Palace Hotel Udaipur
- Udaipur Taj Lake Palace