3,040 results
All reviewskids clubmahikids arealake picholaoberoi groupboat ridegarden viewbeautiful propertywild boarf bswimming poolfront officememorable stayrestaurant staffexcellent hotelrooms are smallearly check
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I visited the trident, Udaipur this January for 4 nights and was completely overwhelmed by the excellent standard of the hotel, the efficiency and friendliness of the staff and the delicious food served in the restaurant. The hotel and grounds were beautifully maintained. I would recommend the Trident to anyone planning a visit to Udaipur.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking out time to share your experience following your recent visit to Trident Udaipur. Team Trident is pleased to know from your comments that their efforts were so well appreciated. Food and beverage team would be especially delighted to read your gracious praise.

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

I also truly appreciate your word of mouth recommendations and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. If I can be of any assistance in the mean time please do not hesitate to write to me.

Warm regards

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed at Trident Udaipur in the second week of January this year. It is a five star property. The rooms are excellent. We had a room which gives view of the garden as well as pool. You can also see lake Pichhola from the room. There was a huge banyan tree near the window of the room. We could see birds and squirrels almost all through out the day.

Words would fail to describe the courtesy extended by staff of the hotel. We had prior booking through email and preferences were requested for bed type, room and its location. The front desk staff exactly knew all the requests and complied to it. It hardly took few minutes to check in.

The property is spread in acres of land. A lady staff (Neetu) took us around the whole premises for almost an hour and showed us bara mahal, honey moon point, wild life, kids area, garden area and the nearby Udaivilas premises. Yahyaa at the banquet was very prompt and went out of the way to meet culinary farmaish of my son. He became friend with all of us. Jeevan at the pool bar and Jaswant at the boat were also very cooperative. I would say, though we were away from home - we were at home.

We had a boat ride in lake Pichhola, Jaswant take us around Lake Palace, City Palace and Gangaur Ghaat, which Udaipur is famous for. The Trident shares the same land as that of Udaivilas. If you request, Trident can offer their guests a visit to Udaivilas, which we did and enjoyed wondering in the luxuriate atmosphere.

The swimming pool is excellent. Bar and restaurant is good. The kids club is awesome. Above all, you find deer, peacocks and peahens, vultures, squirrels and many types of birds within the premises. We saw at least 10 peacocks during our morning walk near bara mahal.

The only lacuna is that Trident should have reasonably spacious fitness room with good gym equipment. Frankly, I would not bother much about it and stay there to enjoy the most courteous and helpful services from humble staff. Seven stars to them!!!!!

Room Tip: Have a room at the lobby area near the banyan tree. You can see see the pool as well as the garden.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Nilesh1966

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip advisor following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to learn that you found our unrivaled location an ideal base for your leisure trip and found the team here helpful and service-excellent

I was so glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay at the hotel. Our paramount aim is 100% guest satisfaction and it is always so rewarding when this is achieved. I have shared your review within the hotel so that my colleagues can be complimented for all their efforts.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back with us soon. Please feel free to write to me if I could be of any assistance in Udaipur or for making any special arrangements for your future stays with Oberoi / Trident hotels.

Kind regards

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed at the Trident over the Christmas period and it was one of the best Christmas we have had. The Christmas Gala we attended was very well organized with live band, different food stations, excellent service and it was held in the Garden. It was very nice to have the Trident staff join in on the dance floor. Mr. Metha, Managing Director, and his family made our stay very memorable. We cannot find any faults with Trident, the staff are always smiling and willing to go out of their way to help. We would highly recommend staying at the Trident as it was very clean and excellent service provided by the staff and Mr. Metha. We would stay at the Trident again.

Room Tip: We stayed facing the Garden view and it was nice
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for having chosen to stay at the Trident in Udaipur and for posting such a great review and recommending us so highly.

I am delighted to know that every aspect of your experience was excellent. It is always gratifying to read that the entire team is doing such a great job of taking care of our valued guests, such as your fine self. We really try hard to delight our guests without being obtrusive and overbearing. I really appreciate your kind words for the team.

We do hope that you will plan another stay with us soon. In the mean time if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to write to me.

Best regards

Location:
This hotel is about 26 ams away from the Udaipur airport. It is located next to the Pichola Lake, but not on the banks of it. It has a jetty access which is through it's neighbouring hotel The Udaivilas, which is a luxury hotel; but apart from the jetty access the hotel is usually approachable by road.

Check in and Room:
The check in process was smooth and the front office staff were more than willing to accommodate to every whim and fancy of mine. I got a garden facing room which was very refreshing as I'm not too much of a 'water-facing-room' person. The rooms are spacious enough which is comfortable even after a double occupancy.

Service:
Room service and housekeeping staff were prompt and helpful but I found the restaurant service a bit slow. The staff at the restaurant were slow in cleaning up the table every time I would go to the buffet counter for a refill.

F&B:
The breakfast spread is pretty elaborate with various types of cold cuts, omelettes, breads etc. Dinner buffet was fine with an assortment of proteins and it is the first hotel that I came across, which serves brown rice! I was surprised and pleased! The alcohol menu is nothing to die for but they are equipped with the basics. Overall food quality is good.

It's equipped with a nice gym, swimming pool (which I didn't get by to using) and it has sprawling lawns which are a treat to walk in.

Overall I would definitely visit again for business purposes!!

Room Tip: I loved the garden facing rooms!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest

I appreciate your time to comment on your recent stay with us -thank you very much indeed.

Your comments have been shared with the entire team - they will be happy to read that you enjoyed our hotel in its entirety, especially the ambiance and service, most importantly- to note that you would return to Trident, when next in Udaipur for business.

I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future, in the meantime if I can be of any assistance – please feel free to write to me.

Many thanks once again.

With kind regards

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed in 2 places in Udaipur, Trident and Lalit Laxmi. Trident is a 5 star and Lalit Laxmi is a 1 star. Trident is great service and the quality I expect from a nice hotel in India.

Staff went out of their way to provide excellent customer service. I was sitting in the bar area and mentioned it was cold; hostess brought a blanket for me. Waiter brought a sample of the local smokey dahl for me to taste when I mentioned I loved trying all types of Indian food. Desk staff had someone purchase a chain and lock for me when I mentioned I was taking the train solo and wanted to lock my luggage to my seat. Kitchen prepared a sandwich to go for me to take with me for my train ride.

Large grounds of green grass to walk around. You can view peacocks and get quite close. There is a pool and playground for kids.

For dinner and breakfast you can choose the buffet or order a la carte. The local dish of spinach with lentil dumplings was an unusual treat.

Overall a great escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. Would stay at the Trident again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for a most wonderful review and rating us so highly.

We are so pleased to read that your vacation was filled with many fond memories of special moments and people. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with genuine and attentive service and I am so pleased to learn that we were successful in achieving this with you.

The team members were delighted to read your review, particularly the ladies and gentlemen from the kitchen team who indulged you in some local delicacies.

I am sometimes not even aware of the success stories that occur in on a typical day at Trident Udaipur. I learn about them when speaking to guests, or when reading a review like yours. I will personally congratulate each one of them, who went out of their way to delight you. They would be truly pleased to read your gracious praise.

Expectations for us to deliver are very high, but I am fortunate to be working with a fantastic team of people who understand the principle of delivering the best, and not only enjoy but take pride in what they do.

Thank you for having chosen to spend this holiday at with us and for your feedback, we look forward to your return visit sometime soon. I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Many thanks!