“Excellent hotel”
Review of Trident Udaipur

Trident Udaipur
Ranked #6 of 167 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed October 3, 2012

On our recent trip to India, we experienced many very good hotels and came to expect attentive service as the norm.The hotel itself is very impressive but the outstanding aspect for myself and my wife was the outstanding care and attention lavished on us by the staff in the dining room. Our first meal in the dining room was fine but my wife did not eat that much of her chicken byriani. We were not dissatisfied and had no intention of saying anything.Nevertheless the waiter noticed and the chef came out and was not happy that we were not 100% satisfied. The following evening he cooked a special meal for my wife which was excellent and complimentary. She was delighted and formed a very high opinion of the dining room staff. we have never experienced such commitment to customer satisfaction.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and appreciation. It really works as a great source of inspiration for the team.

Team Trident is pleased to know from your review that their efforts were so well appreciated.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Udaipur.

dhiraj.mehta@tridenthotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,799)

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I could not think of captioning this review any better. Having just come off a 4 day stay at Trident Udaipur, it would be hard to forget their hospitality and sense of guest care. They lived upto the Trident standards and beyond.

At each stage, from pre-booking to check-in to check-out, we were treated with utmost care and personal attention. I must complement the GM - Dhiraj Mehta for having a great team that delivers true guest satisfaction.

Amit Kaul - the front office manager ensured an easy check-in for us esp as we were travelling with kids. Sonam at the front desk got our rooms in a jiffy (we were quite early) and made sure we got settled. The F&B team lead by Himanshu were a pleasure to be served by. Shoubick, Yahya and Meet deserve a special mention. They constantly sought our food preferences and were more than happy to serve us with food of our choice, regardless of the spread laid out. Meet was quick to notice a bad cold we had caught and offered a great concoction which did wonders for us. The lady at the Kids club (I miss her name) made sure our kids were looked after. My parents who joined me on this trip really enjoyed their stay and I thank Dhiraj and his team (including Ashish, Vishnu, the many housekeeping & maintenance staff) for making this such a memorable stay.

Room Tip: Rooms with Pool view would be nicer (and closer to the main lounge & restaurants)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your very kind comments and sparing time to post a highly rated review on the hotel and its services.

The team is "over the moon" and happy to know that they came up to your expectations. Each one of us including Amit, Himanshu, Varuna, Vishnu, Shoubik and Ashish are truly inspired by your generous compliments.

We endeavor to live up to our ethos and I am delighted that we have achieved that in small measure for you.It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Many thanks!!!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

The awestruck interior, lavish green well maintained green belt and picturesque lake around makes this property very special...one must definitely wake up early to witness the sunrise and i am sure the peacocks and other birds will make ur day ! I was overwhelmed by the warm hospitality of the staff and i must mention Arun n Yahaya for their very special and warm attention.. These guyz will make u to have a 2nd stint for sure.. Keep rocking guyz:)Trident is undoubtedly one of the finest among the Udaipur glories.. All in all a pleasant experience...

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quicker to access dining area..
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest

It is heartening to get such reviews and, we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

I have conveyed your generous compliments to Arun and Yahaya, it has been very encouraging for them.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits, we take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

The team at the Trident really made our holiday enjoyable. We were given an early check in at 8am in the morning, no questions asked (with twin beds rather than double beds) - but our room was changed by afternoon to double bedded rooms.

My friend & I wanted to watch the EPL matches in the evening, but unfortunately the hotel didn't have ESPN... at our request, they actually organised a Tata Sky connection in their staff executive lounge and gave it to us for the evening with complimentary nachos & cheeselings.

My friends kids were quite happy running around the massive property, having camel and horse rides, frolicking in the pool and being engaged at the kids club.

While the food was strictly average (breads and desserts were brilliant however), the restaurant staff were highly attentive - my wife was feeling unwell, and they made jaljeera for her the first night... and made sure she was served jaljeera in the room every night after that.

Even weird requests were entertained - we were playing poker in our room, and had forgotten to get chips to play with.... they gave us a bowlful of chowli (lobia/lentils) at midnight to use as substitute chips!!!

The hotel has some great gardens with hammocks and a sprawling property to take a walk around. It's a great place for a weekend getaway - of course, given that they're so kid-friendly... there are loads of kids all over the place.

Areas to improve - mainly the food quality, and could ensure that ESPN is offered on the telly! The rooms are a tad small. As a small suggestion, the swimming pool doesn't have the standard markers near each end. I hit my head against the end wall since I misjudged the end!! So maybe whenever the next renovation is happening, some different coloured tiles near the end of the pool would help!

Our sincere thanks to Taranjeet, Tushar, Toshi (at the Kid's Club), Shoubik (at the restaurant) and two other people at the kid's club & restaurant (the captain) - whose names I am unable to recall. They ensured that our hotel was a high point of our vacation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank siddhish

Dear Guest

Thank you for a wonderfully crafted, elaborate review!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I enjoyed my 2 night 3 day stay in Trident hotel udaipur! Staff were very nice & courteous! In this hotel u will get everything whatever u can think of.
I enjoyed camel ride in Hotel, Swimming pool very nice and clean! Garden view rooms are just awesome! morning you get to see Peacock from room! This hotel is value for money! In this hotel you can see Deer feeding, garden place is just awesome.

This place is very close to all tourist destinations! specially sajjan garh - monsoon palace and lake pichola.

Room Tip: Garden View rooms are just awesome!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking out time to share your experience following your recent visit to Trident Udaipur.

Your review has been shared with the team which is inspiring for all of us. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcome you back to Trident on your return to Udaipur. I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Recently stayed at Trident, Udaipur my wife and daughter, son-in-law and grandson.
Enjoyed every moment of our stay, Beautiful property, lovely kid's club with escorts.
Suggestion - fruits be kept in the rooms for hotel guests.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest

I have noted your comments on fruit basket in all rooms, shall definitely work towards it.

Warm regards

Reviewed October 2, 2012

If anyone wants to visit udaipur and searching for a good 5 star property then my advise to include trident in the top 5 hotels in the list.it was a great experience staying in trident where I had come after checking out of sheraton. The staff at the trident was not only concerned but gave me exceptional rates but exceptional service as well. The staff here is polite and courteous and everybody from the Durban to the senior manager to cleaners would greet u with a smile. They go an extra mile to accommodate you for any service u ask.the best part is their kids club where they provide pottery making,horse & camel ride,magic& puppet show ,that too complimentary .the pool is excellent and u can use it any time of the day or night.the food is excellent as pr Oberoi's standard but the only thing is they should keep some distance between the vegetarian & non veg items. They have wonderful gardens where u can see peacock feeding and dancing in the morning and evening ( even from your room if it is garden view). Overall it was an excellent experience and would not have liked udaipur had I stayed in sheraton.. Totally a kid friendly hotel who knows how to pamper their guest...would definitely go there again just to stay there.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012