“Great Tailor!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Gangaur Boutique

Gangaur Boutique
Ranked #8 of 86 Shopping in Udaipur
More attraction details
Owner description: Gangar Boutique is one of the oldest premier designer tailoring boutiques in Udaipur. We specialise in suits, shirts, overcoats and dresses and over last 10 years have had the opportunity to design and tailor garments for international celebrities, including Judi Dench, Maggie Smith and Bill Nighy. We have also had the pleasure of tailoring for University graduates, young professionals through to travellers looking for bespoke clothes that reflect current fashion trends.thanksBest regards,
Bangkok
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Tailor!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

I visited Udaipur last month and was very happy with my stitching experience with Rakesh.He understood exactly what i needed and gave it to me within the committed time which is a very rare quality in India.I would definitely want to recommend him to people who want stylish clothes stitched well and it is reasonably priced too.I made 2 dresses and indian dhoti pants.

New York City, New York
“Great tailor, great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

I visited Rakesh's shop to get a salwar kameez suit stitched, and ended up ordering two brocade dresses along with three pairs of custom pants for my husband. Oops. The salwar suit turned out great, as expected, and in less than two days Rakesh's tailors were able to put together two lovely dresses that I am excited to wear to upcoming holiday parties. Rakesh arranged three fittings to ensure all the details were perfect before I paid, and was very honest and candid about what was working and what needed to be adjusted before the pieces were finalized. He clearly has a great eye for design. My husband's pants look amazing as well, are beautifully tailored, and were an excellent deal. In addition, it was a pleasure to briefly get to know Rakesh, who is himself a great guy. Highly recommended!

New York City, New York
“A great bespoke experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

My wife, friends and I visited Gangaur and met with Rakesh several times over our 3-day stay period in Udaipur, and are very happy with our purchases. I personally had 3 trousers made, my wife had two dresses designed and made, and my friends got a full suit (men's) and a few more dresses. Rakesh was very pleasant to deal with and offered great suggestions of his own, while also being fully comfortable accepting our individual preferences (which I have seen some designers/tailors resistant to).

The visit typically had 3 stages for each of us--(1)first measurement, fabric selection, design selection etc., (2) first fitting and (3) final fitting post-adjustment to the first fitting. It is very important that Rakesh be present during all the stages. During one of the first fitting (2nd stage) for our group, one of his assistants was there and seemed resistant to a couple of changes that my friends were suggesting for one of the dresses. Rakesh not only has a great eye for what's working and what's not, but also will suitably incorporate your preferences even if he disagrees with your style preference. During the 2nd stage, Rakesh would often himself point out what's not working in a clothing, while we'd only be thinking about it and wondering what's off, and is not hesitant to send the clothing back to tailors to get you the clothing that you had imagined.

I will note that we did not get anything shipped and received all the clothing within 48 hours of our first measurement.

London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Good tailor, reasonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

We visited Rakesh in September 2013 at the end of our trip to India. We were recommended Gangaur Boutique by a friend who had a suit made earlier in the summer, and had been drawn in by the stories of Rakesh's work for Judy Dench and Bill Nighy.

The shop is great, very relaxed, and Rakesh came in from home late at night to meet us and talk through our wish list. I set out to order shirts for work, choosing from a large range of fabrics. I am quite fussy with shirts, liking a specific fit with single cuff and a cutaway collar - he had no problem with this and got exactly what I wanted from a verbal description.

Whilst there we had tea, and looked at lots of other items. In the end I was swayed by a grey wool winter coat in the shop, and decided to purchase one, and then a sports jacket in tweed and finally a navy blue tweed suit and some chinos. The price is much less than you would pay in the UK for similar items.

The fitting was quick, and I returned the next day for finishing touches. I was able to collect a whole load of tailored items later that afternoon (<24hours after first visiting), and then returned the following day to collect other items.

Sadly there was an issue with some cotton trousers I had ordered, but true to his word Rakesh couriered those remaining items to the UK at no extra charge. He answered emails quickly, and was good to his word.

The final products were good, the shirts especially. The only regret I have is not having time for a final fitting of the trousers, which in the end are half an inch too tight, but alas we were pushed for time, and he did produce 7 shirts, a coat, a suit, a sports jacket and 2 pairs of trousers in less than 48 hours.

He is a good guy, the shop is well priced, the quality is good, and it made our trip to Udaipur memorable. If you get the chance, definitely pop in and have a look around.

Visited September 2013
Brisbane, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Easy Custom made shirts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Entered into this shop when I could not find any ready made shirts to fit.
Great selection of very good materials.
Had 2 very fine fitting shirts within 20 hours .
Shirts were delivered to my hotel as promised before our departure deadline.
Rakesh delivered what he said he would and the workmanship is of exceptional quality
(you can also get a very good coffee at the German Bakery next door if you have to wait )

Nice people, no problem, great quality, good price and a nice clean shop.
Dave Warner