“Udaipur by horse”

Princess Trails Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: Princess Trails is an Indo-European family business, which aims to provide our guests with the best quality and most unique equestrian experience possible. We combine Indian hospitality with European standard of horse keeping. Our main concern and highest priority is the safety of horse and rider.Virendra & Ute organize horseback safaris, horse riding, riding lessons and related services. On our farm we have comfortable Swiss Tents for our guests wishing to stay overnight.Our Horseback Safaris usually go along off-the-beaten tracks through the hilly landscape of the Aravalli Mountains, the endless plains of Malwa or into the fringes of the Thar Desert and the Rajasthani Bagar. The riders can experience unspoiled nature and the unique culture of the hill tribes of Rajasthan. Our destinations are places of historical or cultural significance such as the medieval town of Chittor or the hill fort of Kumbhalgarh.Some of our Safaris are connecting major festivals in Rajasthan such as the Pushkar Camel Fair and are bound to certain dates. Many of our safaris are also going through a number of wildlife sanctuaries such as the Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary or the Sita-Mata Wildlife Sanctuary so our riders can enjoy the spectacular Indian flora and fauna. We believe in the principle of natural horsemanship. That means we keep our horses as naturally as possible and care for them with love and affection. Our horses are properly fed, shoed and have fitting, comfortable high-class saddle tack. We do not make use of underfed and untrained village horses! In fact we take pride in the point that by now we own a stable of finest Marwari horses, some of them bred and trained by us.Most of our horses are Marwari horses, indigenous to this region, perfectly adapted to the geographic and climatic conditions of Rajasthan and very comfortable to ride. Their ears are distinctively curved inwards in a lyre-shape, which makes them unique and easily recognizable. Like many other ancient breeds some of them have a forth gait, the so-called Revaal, a type of rack, very relaxing for the rider.We have horses for both beginners and advanced riders and also provide riding lessons if necessary. All our horses are forward going, well trained and a pleasure to ride. Some are ridden bitless with a hackamore or just a halter.All our safaris are organized as close to nature as possible and are eco-friendly. We use local supplies and groceries and prevent unnecessary waste. Cooking and lighting is done with gas as not to cut done forest wood.Our safaris provide rural employment as we occupy local people as helpers, guides or artists. We strongly emphasize local culture and try to help preserve it in giving the people a sense of value and pride. Our main aim is to show the unique culture and ecology of Rajasthan to our guests and connect this with an unforgettable equestrian experience.
London, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Udaipur by horse”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had a good experience with Princess Trails. We just took one of the shorter rides (2 hours) but they also have half day, full day and multi day options available. It was a gentle ride through a couple of nearby villages and the surrounding countryside.

It was clear that the horses are very well cared for, which was important to us.
We were able to arrange it all on email beforehand, including transfers to and from our hotel. They provided water for us during the ride.

My only criticism would be that the guide I had accompanying me was very friendly, but spoke only a tiny amount of English which meant I wasn't able to ask questions about some of the things we passed on the way which would have added to the experience. But otherwise a great time.

Visited February 2013

Comrie, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing experience that I will always remember”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

If you only have 2 days in Udaipur make sure you spend one at princess trails - if you have more time then go on a safari.

I was booked on the 5 day safari and very uncertain wether I would participate as I had a fall just before I left the uk. Ute was brilliant and spent a lot of time boosting my confidence and getting me ready for the trip. The horses are beautiful, all know each other are are very well looked after. The farm is spotless and the guides and staff who looked after us were wonderful with great cooking and care throughout the safari.

A perfect place for riders and non riders alike.

Visited February 2013
Adelaide, Australia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have done a lot of competition riding prior to this, so this was my first encounter on a horse safari. I found the having to follow all in a line a little mundane, especially if you have owned your own horses and hacked out a lot (like I have), it's more enjoyable to be able to ride side by side and talk to your friends etc and decide when to trot and canter. Didn't trot and canter as much as I liked, and a lot of the horses were very hard on the mouth and hard to keep behind each other as the guides requested. Having said this my bf who had no riding experience learnt to trot and canter on this safari and the guides were WONDERFUL. So patient, incredibly helpful and very knowledgeable. The camp was also amazing, we were treated like kings and queens, amazing food, comfy tents / beds and just brilliant hospitality. Really lets you see a part of India you might perhaps otherwise miss. I had a great experience

Visited January 2013
Helsinki, Finland
“Fun, Exciting and Unforgettable!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Me and my wife visited the Princess Trails Farm during its offseason in August. We had very little to no experience with riding but it didn't matter ("No problem" as the guide said!). We went for a 4-hour trip through some village-countryside-mountain route.

Great views! Gentle and strong horses! This was one of our best (if not the best) experiences on our 2-month trip to India. The terrain was quite rough at times, so this might not be for the most faint-of-heart, but to us it was unforgettable! There was a stop on a beautiful oasis in the middle of the trip.

Only negative I could say is that my horse (I'm a 6"2, 190 pound guy) was limping at times, but they said it was nothing serious; it was because something got stuck in its hoof.

Also the official guide was on holiday during our visit, but the "general" who took us on a ride was a great guide and great company, too!

Visited August 2012
Portsoy, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“What a fantastic days ride.”
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

If you can ride then this is a brilliant thing to do. They also do longer trips, but sadly I only had time for the day. My Mawai pony was fit, strong and beautifully mannered. The guide that went out with me was a polite and helpful lad.
Before setting off I had time to see the farm and how well the horses are cared for. The riding itself was great. Rough terrain right out into the country, but also with some great canters. We had a simple picnic lunch at a tiny village way out in the back of beyond and then onto a lovely lake.
I had a beautiful day, one of my highlights of India.