“What a fantastic days ride.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Princess Trails Farm

Princess Trails Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: Princess Trails is an Indo-European family business, which aims to provide our guests with the best quality and most unique equestrian experience possible. We combine Indian hospitality with European standard of horse keeping. Our main concern and highest priority is the safety of horse and rider.Virendra & Ute organize horseback safaris, horse riding, riding lessons and related services. On our farm we have comfortable Swiss Tents for our guests wishing to stay overnight.Our Horseback Safaris usually go along off-the-beaten tracks through the hilly landscape of the Aravalli Mountains, the endless plains of Malwa or into the fringes of the Thar Desert and the Rajasthani Bagar. The riders can experience unspoiled nature and the unique culture of the hill tribes of Rajasthan. Our destinations are places of historical or cultural significance such as the medieval town of Chittor or the hill fort of Kumbhalgarh.Some of our Safaris are connecting major festivals in Rajasthan such as the Pushkar Camel Fair and are bound to certain dates. Many of our safaris are also going through a number of wildlife sanctuaries such as the Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary or the Sita-Mata Wildlife Sanctuary so our riders can enjoy the spectacular Indian flora and fauna. We believe in the principle of natural horsemanship. That means we keep our horses as naturally as possible and care for them with love and affection. Our horses are properly fed, shoed and have fitting, comfortable high-class saddle tack. We do not make use of underfed and untrained village horses! In fact we take pride in the point that by now we own a stable of finest Marwari horses, some of them bred and trained by us.Most of our horses are Marwari horses, indigenous to this region, perfectly adapted to the geographic and climatic conditions of Rajasthan and very comfortable to ride. Their ears are distinctively curved inwards in a lyre-shape, which makes them unique and easily recognizable. Like many other ancient breeds some of them have a forth gait, the so-called Revaal, a type of rack, very relaxing for the rider.We have horses for both beginners and advanced riders and also provide riding lessons if necessary. All our horses are forward going, well trained and a pleasure to ride. Some are ridden bitless with a hackamore or just a halter.All our safaris are organized as close to nature as possible and are eco-friendly. We use local supplies and groceries and prevent unnecessary waste. Cooking and lighting is done with gas as not to cut done forest wood.Our safaris provide rural employment as we occupy local people as helpers, guides or artists. We strongly emphasize local culture and try to help preserve it in giving the people a sense of value and pride. Our main aim is to show the unique culture and ecology of Rajasthan to our guests and connect this with an unforgettable equestrian experience.
Portsoy, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“What a fantastic days ride.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

If you can ride then this is a brilliant thing to do. They also do longer trips, but sadly I only had time for the day. My Mawai pony was fit, strong and beautifully mannered. The guide that went out with me was a polite and helpful lad.
Before setting off I had time to see the farm and how well the horses are cared for. The riding itself was great. Rough terrain right out into the country, but also with some great canters. We had a simple picnic lunch at a tiny village way out in the back of beyond and then onto a lovely lake.
I had a beautiful day, one of my highlights of India.

Mainz, Germany
“The perfect place for a time-out in India”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

After having spent about 2 months in India I was in desperate need of some peace and quiet time out of the busy cities. I was picked up at the railway station and brought to their house and from the very beginning on I felt welcomed and perfectly taken care of. My intention was to do one daytrip and stay one night at the farm. Really, I ended up staying at the farm for the full time I planned for Udaipur.

The day ride was exactly how I wished it would be. We started early in the morning, had a lunch break of about an hour and then went on until the late afternoon. The horses are very well taken care of and very friendly while handling and riding. The countryside around Udaipur is absolutely stunning and beautiful and exploring it by horse is just the perfect way to do it.

I stayed in one of the two 'tent' rooms which are really just two cottages. They are not only very clean but also quite tastefully furnished and very cosy and comfortable.

Ute and Viru, the owners of the farm and the horses, are very friendly and generous people who from the first moment on gave me the feeling of being welcome. Three times a day I had a very nice meal at the farm which was freshly cooked by the staff and whenever I wanted (or even more often ;) ) I was offered a cup of chai.

All in all, I can say that Princess Trails is maybe not the cheapest place but it is definitely worth it. You can have a look at the horses, their stables, and their equipment and you know where that money goes. I really enjoyed my stay there and it was one of my highlights in India.

New Delhi, India
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Udaipur's charm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

This farm house is situated in outskirt of city run by Indo-German family. Offers horse riding for two hours, half-day& full-day.It has good collection of helmets and has vintage car in the Farm.

Monrovia, Liberia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great horses”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

A really fun ride on healthy happy forward-going horses through beautiful countryside. The horses were as careful and sure-footed on steep rocky ground as they were keen to let off steam with a good gallop when the terrain allowed - really fun to ride.
I was well looked after throughout - from my hotel pick-up and drop off to water on the trail and tea and food on my return at the end of the day.
The only thing I would say is that I paid for a full day's ride and didn't really get one - not counting break times I was only in the saddle for about four hours. I didn't complain as this was actually enough for me as I hadn't ridden in a while and was feeling it!
This place is more expensive than others but totally worth it - paying for well looked after horses and a quality experience always is.

Visited September 2012
Ute P, Manager at Princess Trails Farm, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Respected Madam,

Thank you very much for your review! We appreciate the time you took to give us a fair and honest evaluation.
We are happy that you enjoyed your time with us and are really sorry that you had less riding time on that day. Due to a forecast of heavy rainfall in the late afternoon, the guide was in a bit of hurry to bring you back to our farm timely before the rain started. The rain eventually was late and did not arrive till nightfall, but in any case he wanted to make sure that you would not get wet.

Best regards and hope to welcome you again with us,

The Princess Trails Team
London, United Kingdom
“The highlight of our trip to Udaipur”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

This farm is easily the best place to go for horse treks around the beautiful surrounding countryside of Udaipur. The farm itself is in a stunning location right by a lake. We stayed in one of the 'tent' rooms, which was not only comfortable and clean, but very tastefully decorated. We were so well looked after and was such a haven from the busy city centre. The cook made us fabulous food, and our every need was met. the couple who ran it went out of their way to ensure we had a relaxed, comfortable time. They are so friendly and helpful - we will definitely be coming back here, and met many people who regularly do keep coming back. The riding itself is the best around, and they cater for all riding experiences. We trekked also through the local villages which was a great experience. I would highly recommend princess trails for anyone wishing to see more of Udaipur than simply the old city.

Visited July 2012