“Quaint Surprise”

Ranked #19 of 202 Specialty Lodging in Udaipur
Pune, India
“Quaint Surprise”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The approach may frustrate the tired traveller. Very narrow lanes. The last 100 mtrs cannot be done in a car. The hotel has its own auto rikshaw,The rooms have the feel of a tent while it has proper walls. Excellent rooms, good view of the lake. Nice swimming pool, manicured gardens. Helpful staff. just 12 cottage type rooms so not crowded. Behind hotel Leela and close to city palace, Food is on the expensive side. Call the hotel when you reach udaipur if you are driving down to get the right directions. Else you will be lost in a maze of narrow alleys.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Huelva, Spain
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Lake view garden and swimming pool, friendly staff, good location, I definitely recommend this hotel. I ' ve been travelling a lot and I can say this place will like anyone visiting India with couple, friends, family or whatever.
You cn go on foot to all the main attractions and the staff is always ready to help.
The viws from the garden terrace are very nice, we could enjoy a beautiful sunset.
It is also a very quiet place, so you can enjoy a good sleep.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
New Delhi, India
Reviewed September 8, 2012

It was quite a nice experiences staying at this hotel. It was almost newly build tented type accommodation with swimming pool. We had a warming welcome from the staff. We planned to spend evening in the hotel itself on the day we reached there.

Next day we rented a cab and went to nearby places. In the evening we came back to the hotel and preferred to have food in the hotel itself as we found food tasty during lunch. There is an option to have food either in the restaurant or in the garden. Lighted city place and lake give a nice view in the night.

Food was tasty but not much variety for breakfast. Staff was quite helpful too. So you get out of this hotel what you see. No traffic or other disturbance as its little away from main market. Though city palace and market is walk-able from this hotel.

I will recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to have memorable stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
New york
Reviewed April 23, 2012

As a New Yorker traveling through India for a a month, I have experienced many of the hotels here thus far. I can say I was extremely pleased with my stay here and it was exactly what I was looking for. Sometimes what you see online is NOT what you get, but this was not the case with shreevillas. What you see IS what you get and more!
Upon arrival, I met the owner who was extmely friendly and hospitable. I had a long journey the night before and was not in the greatest spirits. He offered me breakfast which was delicious and was extremely accommodating. I found that with the entire staff.
I enjoyed a few days and nights of lake views by the pool, yummy food and a helpful staff that gave me some great tips for exploring udaipur. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable and I found the bungalow style rooms super charming. Apparently the property is quite new, but functions and looks like it had been around for a while. I would recommend for sure! Thanks for a great stay shreevillas!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
, Public Relations Manager at Shree Vilas Orchid, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your appreciation, we were delighted to have you as our Guest. Please do visit us again.
Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
Reviewed March 25, 2012

The ShreeVilas Orchid shows that everything is possible. We had a wonderful 3 night stay there. The staff is welcoming , nothing is too much trouble. Food is wonderful.Rooms and the washrooms are clean.
What a unique place this is.This was my first visit & im absolutely speechless..

Room Tip: Room's facing the lake side.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
We thank you for your stay with us Mr. Bharat and look forward to serve you again.
mumbai
Reviewed March 7, 2012

what a surprise package!. a lovely resort hidden from udaipur's glare. away from the rush and the typical hotel hospitality the other hotels offer. wonderful place with a almost homely hospitality. i enjoyed my 3 day package stay. worth the money i spent. will recommend to all my friends. Lv it. srikumar nagarajan. mumbai

Room Tip: insist on room no 203, the best room for a perfect open view of the pool blending with the lake. it...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank srikumarMumbai
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Stayed there for 1 night. You can stay here if you just want a clean and comfortable accommodation. Reaching this place is tough. Lake view!! not the one you want. Sound from Dhobi ghaat did disturb us a lot. No hot water. Dirty pool. Breakfast was really bad.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends