“DO NOT STAY if you don't want your belongings stolen”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Minerwa

and 1 more site!
Hotel Minerwa
Ranked #93 of 248 Udaipur B&B and Inns
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“DO NOT STAY if you don't want your belongings stolen”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

The power-points in my room had problems so I couldn't charge my smart phone. THEY ASKED ME to leave my phone in the restaurant to charge, and when I went back after an hour, it was gone!! The exact area where the phone was charged was not in the region under the surveillance camera, and it seemed that only European tourists were in the surroundings. So it could only be stolen by those who know how to avoid the surveillance camera, hence THE STAFF.
They agreed to compensate when I was there, but it never happened, and they ignored all my follow-up emails!
DO NOT STAY. SLEEPING ON STREETS WOULD BE BETTER.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Liliapunto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Hebrew first
Bengaluru, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I never stayed here as the price that was communicated to me in my email conversations was completely different to what was told when i got there. I had specifically asked for the room price in my email and 500 Rs was quoted to me - once i get there, i am told it is the price for 1 person's stay and we were 3 people !! I didnt bother to convince nor argue as I felt that the hotel management was either utterly incompetent or were trying to rip us off and promptly left the place. We then stayed over at Hotel Amar Villas, a 5 minute walk from minerwa - and it was excellent !!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Udaipur hotels

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Nice enough hotel manager but the hotel needed a good clean everywhere. My toilet and room were not very nice. My own fault as had been recommended here but after taking a sleeper train arrived and had builders next door building a hotel. Not their fault but no chance to sleep. Checked out after two hours but got charged full rate. If on a minuscule budget fine. I've stayed in worse but it was really not clean or a place to relax.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Adam1970London
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Best hotel in Udaipur with a fantastic cozy location in the old town. A stone's throw from the lake and from its roof terrace a fantastic view of the lake palace and the remaining parts of the town. Rooms vary in size but they are all clean, bright and comfortable. Friendly staff and very nice feeling over all. I'll be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

We spent three days at the Minerwa hotel. It was a very pleasant stay, prime location near the Temple and shopping streets. Easy access to the other side of the lake. The roof terrace is nicely decorated and offers fantastic views. A special thank you to Santosh, the manager, a very kind and polite person, who always listened to our needs and facilitated everything from bookings to massage and yoga. Recommended!

• Stayed December 2012
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

although the hotel looks quite nice and the room was basic, but good, I am not going to rate this hotel high. Some bad experiences nearly ruined our trip and unfortunately we left Udaipur with a sour taste... The hotel has a good location but pretty much all hotels have one since Udaipur is so small and everything is close by.
We called ahead to check whether there was a room available and yes there was and they told us a reasonable price on the phone. When we arrived there in the early morning we waited for a room until 10:30. Then they said a higher price than the one on the phone and gave some excuse that our room was already booked by someone else 2 weeks ago (and forget to mention it when I called I guess). When we were ready to leave and find another hotel, the manager agreed on the original price. The room was ok, basic but it was at night sometimes too loud to catch some sleep. The restaurant was not at all good value for money, there are much better options around such as Jasmine restaurant and Lotus cafe. The internet connection was crap. The reception was never staffed. When we wanted to do laundry we calculated everything (price is per piece of clothing) and when we wanted to pay afterwards we saw that they tried to rip us off for more than 150 rupees! They said that my nearly see through blouse with buttons was counted as "a jacket", which was 50Rupees, and stuff like that. I had a huge argument with the manager (who I didn't like from the start) and during our previous 15 months of traveling I have never been so angry. We still paid too much and I wish we hadn't. I hate Indians who systematically try to rip off white "rich" tourists. If you do too, don't go here. Many good value options around (so we heard from many tourists).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank klauwe
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Hello! We spend 3 days in udaipur, and for 1000 rs a big, clean and bright double room was perfect! The hotel have a really nice roof top, but the restaurante is expensive, almost the double than others similars. Just be carefull whit the manager, will offer you whit your first step at hotel, everything, tours, rickshaw, train tickets, even pashmina!! But his commision.... a cheat!! Don't arrange nothing whit him, and he can be a little pushy. Go away and will pay the half!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple