Chandra Niwas Homestay
$369
  • Breakfast included
$68
The Leela Palace Udaipur(Udaipur)
$264
$84
$84
$63
  • Pool
Hotel The Tiger(Udaipur)(Great Value!)
$12
$10
  • Restaurant
$60
$25
$53
$25
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdaan foundationchaiindian culturehome stayrural tourhome away from homenon profitindian familyquiet neighborhoodother guestsown bathroomold citya great place to staytuk tukhot showerhis teaman amazing experience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 5, 2012

My experience here was incredible. The family was very caring and Samvit was very helpful in answering any questions I seemed to have! The location was ideal, as it was very easy to get in and out of town. it was also very nice to see the smaller sides of Udaipur. My bedroom was very comfortable, and I had great internet connection. The food was always delicious and prepared for us often. Very generous!
If anyone needs a place to stay, please let Samvit and his family know. It was wonderful to visit!!! And I'll be back again soon!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Staying at Chandra Niwas was by far one of most memorable stayed in India, set in a beautiful location, stunning city, wonderful lakes. This B&B is more than just bread and breakfast, the house feels like home because Samvit and his delightful family make it as comfortable as possible for their guests

As a female traveller, alone, i felt incredibly safe here, the rooms are spotlessly clean, and the food... wow.... YUM! not to mention soul warming Chai. It is a great place to relax and rest those weary legs, shower with HOT water! fill the tummy with delicious wholesome breakfast, catch up on any emails with super fast wifi, have chat with other inspiring travellers and be warmly welcomed into the arms of a loving Indian family

NOTE: do not miss the chance to having a chat with chai-addict Samvit about his project with local children (DAAN) he is a truly inspirational gentleman

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank jemimajai
Reviewed January 4, 2012

After reading all the reviews we decided to stay at Chandra Niwas and boy are we glad. We reached early morning during the Christmas weekend and were greeted by a sleepy Samvit and a happy Donna (Samvits pet). After the usual formalities, we were offered a very nice tea and then plans were drawn up by our hosts. We were shown to our rooms, which was nicely decorated and ready for us to unwind. Our tour for the day was decided and off we went to see all the places. The icing on the cake was the bullet that was offered to us by Samvit. It made our trip all the more memorable.
Once home we had a nice home made food and then came to know about D.A.A.N. Though we did not get a chance to see the centres but still the passion with which Samvit was working on it, was seen all around.
I would recommend Chandra Niwas to one and all. It was the most relaxing trip we ever had. Everybody in the house was so nice to talk to, and the lovely Aaloo Paranthas have to be mentioned here.
Thanks Guys for an amazing experience

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Isha D
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I didn't stay at Chandra Niwas, but they saved my life, as I got my wallet stolen in India and they allowed me to have my banking card sent to their address (one of my friends had stayed there, and said they were trustworthy people). When I arrived at their place, the family didn't expected me but they told me not to worry (gave me a chai + hugs!) and offered me to stay for free if I ever was in money trouble. So I don't really know about the accomodation, but judging by the feeling I had there and the good comments I got from other people, I would recommend this place to anybody who wants to meet truly nice people in Udaipur.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank pascale r
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I am currently staying at Chandra Niwas for two weeks, living in the homestay and volunteering with DAAN.The accommodation is great, a big bedroom, living area and hot shower. Samvit and his family are so kind and helpful. Samvit has gone out of his way to help me and show me around. The accommodation is a short way from the bustle of the old town so it is very quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo