“excellent property”

Ranked #5 of 200 Specialty Lodging in Udaipur
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“excellent property”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

superb place to stay in udaipur .it is a traditional palace with modern amenities and great works of art . rooms are palatial and each bathroom has an inbuit jacuzzi . the roof top swimming pool is great place to unwind . gret view from terrace of entire surrounding lakes . food is superb . the hotel is centrally located .

Room Tip: take a room on higher floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Bangalore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Chunda Palace left us with ambivalent feelings about the property. The hotel is located in a quiet area not too far from the city centre, has amazing views from the terrace esp. in the evenings & serves delicious food. We also got an upgrade to a huge suite which was terrific.

Some might find the decor nice but we found it a bit kitschy & over the top. The food in the restaurant is really pricey. Though delicious, this makes it difficult if you want to have most meals at the hotel during a longer stay. One of the waiters was really rude to us and ruined our mood for the day. The hotel definitely needs to better the service levels.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PurpleBeans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed over here at chunda palace as I already had stayed with this property,this is just a marvelous hotel by location,by infrastructure, by management, by staff and above all its food, when i had the food at restaurant once i thought that I must met to chef( as I also run a small chain of restaurant)but I some how i could not met with the chef as he was busy in the preparation of food.when next day in the dinner I ordered for brownie, the server took the order and after a couple of minutes he refused that sorry sir we don't have brownie it was just irritating for me because my wife is very fond of brownie.after more a couple of minute he came to us and request only for 5 to 8 minutes and told me that our chef is making fresh brownie for you, I just surprised and asked him "if you are jocking with us" how is it possible to make brownie in 5 minutes, I know very well that how much time it takes to make.you can't believe what happened, exactly after 7 to 8 minutes I got the freshly made brownie on my dining table, I were just surprised to see it on the table it was so yummy to eat, it was the best brownie I ever had in my life, I could not stop myself to met with the chef I met the chef who made the brownie, I hope his name is chef tyagi, I wanted to carry him with me but, for a while I thought that its not good to steal someone's man, but I wish him all the best in his future...thank u chef....thank u chunda palace for make our stay most memorable ever.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank loveofparis
Mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

A great treat fpor those who wish to experience the hospitality of Rajasthan ! Regal,royal surroundings,large rooms in the ancient style an excellent swimming pool and easy access to transport.The living room is wonderful and one can spend a lot of time admiring all the decorations.Gracious hospitality and food in the Rajput style.Good for those who want to experience Rajasthan on a reasonable budget !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We chose Chunda on not getting a booking at Trident. And thank god that this happened to us. Mind blowing interiors, we could spend hours only exploring the royal interior designs of Chunda Palace. Rooms was spacious, very comfortable, meticulously cleaned and with amazing royal rajasthani interiors. Bathroom was even better with jacuzzi and marble fittings. There were 2 swimming pools. Terrace restaurant threw an exquisite romantic setting at night. Breakfast was of good quality and had enough variety. Bar was relaxing and royal. Only negative was the view from room. In fact there was no view at all. Staff was very courteous. Perfect for those who wants to have a feel a rajasthan royalty without spending a fortune. Recommended completely.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Pune, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed at Chunda Palace in September 2013 just for a night, with friends. The hotel has nice Rajasthani-style architecture. We stayed at the Palace Room and were quite pleased with it. The room was huge, clean, and decorated very colourfully. The bed was also really big and we had a nice spacious sitting area in a windowed alcove which doubled as an extra bed. The bathroom was again really big with twin basins, and had a "jacuzzi" that was unfortunately leaking. The hotel sent someone to fix this however, it was leaking again the next day.
The roof-top restaurant here serves good food and the morning buffet was really nice. There was a lot of choice, both, Indian and continental.
The staff is courteous and always ready to help.
My friends and I had a problem locating the hotel though. We had to pass through some really narrow and crowded streets, kept losing our way, and no one seemed to know of the hotel. So, if you're driving to Chunda Palace, I'd recommend you call them in advance and ask for directions.
One last important thing: this hotel is located away from Lake Pichola and the hustle and bustle of Udaipur. This can be a pro or a con depending on how you see it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We were so substantially impressed with the Chunda Palace, that I meant to write a review on our return. Due to the chaos that is my life, I have only now sat down to congratulate all concerned for a holiday that exceeded all expectations.

We were fortunate to enjoy a 5 day visit to India paid for by some very dear friends. They treated us to the experience of a lifetime. It was with some trepidation that we then continued our holiday - moving to the CPH. What an absolutely amazing surprise to find that we had booked in to such an exquisite, quality hotel. I have never been so utterly overwhelmed as I was on experiencing the warm welcome we received and by the sumptuous decor. The enormous marble bathroom and even more enormous bedroom with four-poster bed and luxurious bed linen, made our stay fantastic. The staff were the best we had ever experienced and we felt that we had been welcomed into a marvellous home. We were invited into the kitchen and shown the glorious spices - the smells were divine and the chefs clearly enjoyed our interest. When we met the owner, he was delighted to receive our praise. There was one small cloud on the horizon, when I thought I had lost my phone. I can only apologise for the mayhem I caused. The staff took my problem very seriously and the hotel went into a "lock down" situation. The staff where faultless in their care and attention to detail and my phone was located - in my room!!! In spite of the trouble I had caused, the professional and caring attitude of all concerned (especially the owner's son) spoke volumes about their integrity. Special thanks to all the staff - especially Gagendra and Chuchinilal (sorry if spelt incorrectly) and the impossibly beautiful and "bend over backwards to help you" receptionist. An absolutely first class performance. I look forward to the day that I have the opportunity to return. Thank you.

Room Tip: maybe at the end of a corridor - hard floors and heavy doors may disturb lighter sleepers
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple