All reviews indoor pool rooftop restaurant hand painted rooms are huge royal experience udai villas destination wedding like royalty candle light dinner lake pichola top floor modern amenities amazing hotel tuk tuk delicious food early check memorable stay
Reviewed November 11, 2011

We are currently spending three nights at this beautiful hotel for our honeymoon at Majestic Udaipur. The hotel is slightly out of town which suits us fine but a short tuc-tuc ride is required for any sights or shopping.
Hotel has all amenities however the only downside I would say is that the front reception staff seem a little 'blazay'. Overall though we have thoroughly enjoyed our stay & would recommend this hotel

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Had been to Udaipur for a wedding so had stayed here, its a super cool awesome place to be.
Udaipur is a beautiful place if you stay in this hotel it adds your pleasure. Hotel is situated almost in the city so everything is easily accessible. Rooms are just awesome, services are good. Must visit!!!!!!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Adri D
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I spent a month (August 2011) travelling around Rajasthan and booked the six hotels I stayed at directly, having done a lot of research, viewed many many web-sites, and used Trip Advisor to sift out the hotels with superb 'window displays' but poor guest service. Luxury and beauty were the criteria for my hotel selection. I chose five star hotels and four star where the hotel had something exceptional to offer. Chunda Palace was one such exceptional hotel.

The beauty of Chunda Palace can not be overstated, is as shown by their website pictures, and the numerous personal photos attached by guests who have stayed there.

What the photos fail to prepare you for is the absolutely enormous size of the rooms, or the painstaking detail lavished on hand-painting the walls and ceilings. During my four-night stay in a 'Royal Imperial Suite', I had a chance to view the other non-suite rooms, and though they all didn't have separate living rooms, they were by far much larger than any of the double rooms and suites I later stayed in at other hotels.

The major plus points of staying here - a personally signed welcome letter in the room upon arrival, friendly staff willing to help regardless of the request (Rose from their restaurant, was happy to take pictures of me in and around the hotel, and accompanied me to explain to their in-house tailor, that I wanted the same Indian trousers she had!), the staff meeting my breakfast requests, even though I often appeared after they had stopped serving, speaking with members of the family who owned the hotel, and many other small gestures that made my stay a dream ... it really was a case of 'the little things that count' were not overlooked.

My one tiny tiny complaint was, that there was a slight reluctance to provide me with an iron & ironing board, the explanation being that previous guests had often left the iron switched on when not in their room, and this posed a major safety hazard for them. They suggested I use their laundry service for my ironing needs. Upon my insistence, I was provided with an iron & ironing board during my entire stay, and I suggested they make available the simple irons that automatically switch off after eight to ten minutes if not used.

My advice is if you are a perfectionist (as I am), and have high expectations in terms of hotel decor, staff service, and are looking for beauty, tranquillity and great panoramic views, then this is definitely the hotel for you, even if you are a fussy single female traveller like myself!!

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I stayed at Chunda Palace Udaipur for 3 days with my family and have to admit just liked the way the hotel has been decorated. Very large spacious rooms with good facilities and an amazing view from their rooftop restaurant. The problem I see and I think the hotel management should start thinking more seriously about is sustainability. They were not very efficient in their breakfast services and the restaurant food was just not good. A little expensive !!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Hi, The hotel itself is a museum, where you can sleep. The comfort and service are therefore somewhat left behind. We stayed in a number of market hotels before and after and where not too much concerned on this hotel. Though if you have picked this hotel as the prime of your Indian yourney, you may feel somehow disappointed in the end. However please do not book this hotel by A-1 Travel and Tours as this travel agency appears to be a uninterested, hostile and aggressive agency. Try to avoid this agency of Javed Kahn at all time as he is really a nightmare to deal with in case anything goes wrong. Ch.

• Trip type: Traveled with family