“Paneer!”

Sushma's Cooking Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Over the past 15 years, Sushma has been providing cooking classes to foreign guests who have travelled to India from all different parts of the world. If you sign up for one of her classes, you will enhance your knowledge of cuisine, develop your own cooking skills and indulge yourself in an unforgettable, traditional Rajasthani celebration of food under the guidance of this passionate and experienced teacher! Sushma’s love for cooking began at the young age of 10 while watching her grandmother cook traditional Indian meals for her family. After dipping into many spice jars and creating her own unique Indian dishes, Sushma quickly found her place in the kitchen. Sushma admits she truly is a lover of food and for this reason when she is in the kitchen, she appears as graceful and contented as a queen in her palace. She is most alive and vibrant when sharing the wealth of knowledge she has about food with others who have an appreciation for food.
Negros Island, Philippines
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Paneer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

One day I decided to do something different and found Sushma's cooking lessons on the internet. And was I very happy to experience it, we were taught how to do several things including a paneer recipe which I am excited to try back home. Sushma has a very relaxed way of conducting the lessons and she and her husband (who is an Udaipur artist with his studio below) showed me how hospitable they were and that is much appreciated!

Visited March 2013

Brooklyn, New York
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“a must”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was reluctant about going but my better insured me it would be worthwhile and she was correct (again).
Sushma is great, the class was fun and informative (though I didn't pay THAT much attention to the details) and the food after was awesome.
Be sure you have a confirmation.

norfolk
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Taste of India”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is a wonderful way of spending a few hours. Not only do you learn new skills you get get to eat lovely fresh food. Instructions given are clear and you get to join in the cooking if you wish. Making chapati is awesome. You can also buy the pans that Sushama uses from her. I was travelling solo so it was a great way of meeting other travellers. A miixed goup of ages and nationalities with a common interest ..food.

1 Thank Carol L
Chicago, Illinois
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Overly Promoted, but still Enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

I booked a class with Sushma before my trip. She is very adept at interent advertising and only one of two cooking classes I could find in Udaipur. When you actually get to the city, you find that there are many, many places offering cooking classes. I took both hers and another 'unknown' one the second was better, but I have no complaint with Sushma's class.

2 Thank maguiredan
Brisbane, Australia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Lots of fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed at Krishna Niwas for three weeks and while there did a North Indian and a South Indian class. Sushma is very sweet and makes beautiful food. The classes were very small so there was a lot of opportunity to participate and ask questions. Sushma is very familiar with teaching westerners which helped a lot. She also often fed me when I was coming and going so I got to taste a lot. Delicious!

Visited March 2012