“Its not easy to sum this hotel up”

Radisson Blu Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa
Ranked #26 of 161 Hotels in Udaipur
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Its not easy to sum this hotel up”
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Ok, where to start, the staff are lovely, the situation is amazing, good gym , but no shower.
The noise can be an issue, so have a good look at your room and its situation. If round the lobby liable to any noise there. If its on high floor air con noise can be intrusive.
Our visit coincided with a wedding. This went on into the night. We complained. To be fair their response was first rate. Immediately offered another room. Refund of first night fee.
Very professional, mind they should keep functions seperate.
Second night excellent, no problems. So why do I go for a 4? Because the food is fantastic. Ignore the buffet, the a la carte is well priced and beautifully cooked and served. I have just spent 6 weeks in india. This is the best for food.

• Stayed October 2012
SheratonUdaipur, General Manager at Radisson Blu Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 28, 2012

Greetings from Sheraton Udaipur Palace Resort and Spa!

I am delighted to note that you had an enjoyable stay and it was a pleasure to have been of service to you. We thank you for your detailed feedback on few of the hotel services. I regret the inconvenience caused.

It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (490)
  • Arabic first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The hotel looks amazing from the outside, and has nice views over the Fateh Sagar lake. However, the rooms are very average (had to change light bulbs, no hairdryer, no vanity kits, old bathrobes...) The service was attentive but not efficient. And to echo one of the earlier reviews, it seems incredible that a 5 star Spa and Resort would not have sun deck chairs by the pool - only plastic chairs - and no service by the pool. The breakfast buffet is a work in progress (no cheese, no fresh juices and cappuccino from a automatic machine). It wouldn't take much to improve, but until Sheraton puts in the effort, this is not worth the money,

1 Thank lelogbook
SheratonUdaipur, General Manager at Radisson Blu Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 30, 2012

Greetings from Sheraton Udaipur Palace Resort and Spa!

Thank you for your constructive feedback about

We sincerely regret the inconveniences caused during your stay. I have made a note about your comments and will certainly speak with my team and ensure the necessary corrective actions are taken.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again and make your stay a memorable one

Travelers are raving about these Udaipur hotels

ADELAIDE
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We booked a Club Room for 2 nights, but were upgraded to a corner suite with great views of the lake. The rooms were very large an d there was a spar bath in the bathroom. There was no specific Club Lounge, but we were able to have drinks and nibbles in the normal bar and tables outside. Breakfast was in the normal restaurant and was very good, but not exceptional. We were quite happy with our choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SheratonUdaipur, General Manager at Radisson Blu Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 26, 2012

Greetings from Sheraton Udaipur Palace Resort and Spa!

It is indeed a pleasure to read your review.

I am happy to note that you had a pleasant stay with us and the services extended by my team were to your satisfaction. Thank you for your valuable feedback.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you at Sheraton Udaipur Palace Resort and Spa.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is a very nice property, but it is not in the center of the action of this small town. The Sheraton is about 2 kilometers so you cannot easily walk to the City Palace, the largest attraction in Udaipur. A local tuk-tuk can take you from the entrance of the Sheraton to the town center for 3 dollars. The City Palace is on the shore of the Pichola Lake, and you can take a boat ride from the City Palace to ride around the famous Lake Palace and to visit the Jag Mandir Palace in another island in the Pichola lake. If you stay at the Sheraton, you might have views of a lake (the Fateh Sagar Lake) but this is not the Pichola Lake. The location did not bother too much since I was there for the weekend. I wanted to stay in an upscale large American chain hotel away from the inconveniences of most small Indian hotels. At about $200+ a night, I was expecting more from this hotel. In particular, I found disappointing the limited variety of their Western menu (who keeps the fresh orange juice or cheese only by request in a breakfast buffet?), the lack of English fluency among the staff (and they really tried to be helpful ... without success), the lack of lounge chairs by the pool (who uses regular chairs by the pool?), and the "business centre" inside the bar (you need to make an effort to see the keyboard and it took half an hour to get the print out of my boarding pass because nobody could connect the printer to the computer!). As I said, these are details I would have gladly overlooked in any of the $50 a night hotels downtown Udaipur, but not in a hotel from this brand.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
SheratonUdaipur, General Manager at Radisson Blu Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 22, 2012

Greetings from Sheraton Udaipur Palace Resort and Spa!

Thank you for your constructive feedback.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night, although the location is not perfect, still the view is nice and the property is very well built. The bar is well stocked and food is nice. The staff is very cooperative and do everything to make your stay comfortable

1 Thank Rohit A
SheratonUdaipur, General Manager at Radisson Blu Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 18, 2012

Greetings from Sheraton Udaipur Palace Resort and Spa!

Thank you for your patronage to our hotel and for taking the time to share your experiences with us. Our team prides itself on the experience we create for our guests and will be happy to hear that they have managed to meet your every need and uplift your spirits.
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I had booked this hotel 3 days ago with RPC HOLIDAYS.... Trust me they people arranged my bookings on the spot. I had already booked my tickets but stilll they made my stay fabulous. The hotel is superb along with the fab services.
Good going RPC
I WILL REFFER MORE CLIENTS FOR THIS CLUB.

Greetings from Sheraton Udaipur Palace Resort and Spa!

It is indeed a pleasure to read your review.

Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is one of the best hotels I stay in India and facilities like a palace. Unfortunately this hotel was well managed, and this was my worst experience in SPG club.
1. The hotel is still under renovation. From 8:30am to 4:30pm, the noice was so loud and I could not sleep.
2. The swimming pool was nice but facilities around swimming pool was also under renovation with noise and dust.
3. We were arranged to stay on first floor. We can also hear all the noises from the lobby and other guests.
4. Many mosquitos in loddy. Some mosquitos are found in the room.
5. Water in the bathroom was not hot.

Greetings from Sheraton Udaipur Palace Resort and Spa!

Thank you for your constructive feedback.