“excellent”

Hibiscus Guest House
Ranked #53 of 273 Udaipur B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have been to udaipur twice, First I stayed at a different hotel managed by a bunch of young but experienced guys. I pre-booked the hotel from a portal and I was driving from ahmedabad and was sick of "not finding hotel" - I called up this hotel manager and He asked me to stay where I was and He will come to that place - a young fellow came to pick me up - Eventually i knew he was the hotel management guy, Where the hell in the world you would find a hotel where management guy will pick you up if you are lost? (now you must be thinking why am I writting this about a different hotel? well thats the catch)
I became so fan of that team that I spent at least 2 hours with those young chaps on their rooftop restaurant the next day and also added them in my facebook - that guy later became my friend.
Two weeks back, when I was travelling to udaipur again, I wrote him a message on facebook that I am going to come back again. He said this time, I will let you stay in a different property and that's "Heritage Hibiscus". the hotel is managed by same team that I had that EXCELLENT experience in past. I was even more delighted cause - I got same friendly services as last time with better new property.
Good luck my friend - U guys deserves to be recommended for all travellers. :)

Room Tip: Take care of Udaipur roads, if you are driving from your city. People are friendly on street and hel...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hibiscus Guest House

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Clean hotel, Bed sheet were clean as well, Staff is good helpful & polite, nice restaurant on the roof top, but the Food is average, All major spots are near by, but the problem is it is located in a filthy and narrow street, dont be fooled by the leela palace nearby. Leela take its guest across the lake by boat, but altogether a different experience, worthwhile a visit....

Room Tip: "Deluxe rooms are nice and cozy"
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This was the least fancy but the most fun place we stayed in India. When you walk out the door you are in the neighborhood. Major family of monkeys are in the tree outside. It is a short walk from the hotel to the footbridge which takes you to the main shopping area.
The rooms are big and clean and the staff is very helpful arranging drivers and places to go. We enjoyed breakfast on the roof and had a good dinner also. I would recommend dining at the Ambrai restaurant nearby at the Amet Haveli for ambience and good food.
The staff was enthusiastic and helpful though apparently the Hibiscus is under new management and it had the feel that they were learning on the job which is why in a fun way I compare it to the "best exotic marigold hotel" (see film if you haven't)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed November 9, 2013

good, clean hotel, clean room and the bathroom. bed sheets were clean as well. location is convenient but the problem is it is located inside a filthy street...don't be fooled by the leela palace location at the vicinity. chandra prakash was very helpful. restaurant at the terrace is a bit over priced but comes to your rescue at night when everything around is closed.
things to improve :
1.please provide a kettle and tea bags in the room.
2. a telephone in the room

stayed with family for two nights. good place!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PAYEL G
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The hotel was clean and the staff helpful. All major site seeing spots were within walking distance. But thats where it stops. It is located in a filthy area.
I was misled by its location (next to Leela Palace) on the map and assumed it must be a good area. It is not. Leela takes its guests across the lake by a boat to avoid exposing them to the dirt and filth that surrounds it. In fact, that is true for most of Udaipur hotels especially the ones in Ambamata area.
I wish the young hotel team all the best but unless Udaipur cleans up, I would not recommend Udaipur to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
2  Thank Avadhani2013
CP_Dadhich_HH, Managing Director at Hibiscus Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you to our guest who have take the time to write recent reviews, myself and my colleagues have recently taken over the management of Hibiscus and welcome all comments, positive and negative, as these will assist us in running the the hotel in the future.

Hibiscus is located close to Lake Pichola. Due to the recent torrential rains the lake flooded locally restricting access to the area, This resulted in guests having to use the narrow, residential, streets when heading towards Chandpol Bridge, The was has now receded and the road level has been raised so access is again possible via the cleaner and more "Scenic" route.

Please ask at reception for Directions,

With apologies
C.P. Dadhich

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Our stay at heritage hibiscus was vry gud. The rooms are vry spacious ,clean and good. People running tge the hotel were very helpful and caring. They are always ready to help and take care of your comfort. Its a peaceful place with some really good restaurants around.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We expected this accommodation to be the best of our trip but it wasn't. A few positives: 1. The room (royal suite) was large and attractive with very pleasant garden view. 2. Restaurant on roof is very convenient with very good service/food and view of Lake P . 3. Great help from one staff member in finding restaurants, arranging tour, and finding milk for us (above and beyond call of duty). 4. Location away from City Palace area is relatively calm and quiet but still close enough to walk to main sites. A few negatives: 1. We spent extra money on the royal suite because Heritage Hibiscus website description of royal suite said "An interconnecting room is available for accompanying guests". Since we were traveling with our daughter that sounded good. But there was no "interconnecting room" - just one large room. When I mentioned this at check-in staff suggested that we could book a second room (not interconnecting) for our daughter. I suggested that the website be changed because this is misleading - it has not been changed. 2. We had arranged for pickup at the railway station (included in price) and sent details regarding the train and arrival time however no one was there to pick us up - since we had no phone we had to find a stranger willing to allow us to use their mobile phone then wait for pickup. This seemed like a big deal to us as we were very tired after having arrived via overnight train from Ahmenabad. 3. Basics like hangers, drinking glassware, and a place to rest suitcase(s) in room were missing. 4. No room services like room cleaning, fresh towels, toilet paper were offered. We had to ask for every little thing.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family