“Amazing service and beautiful rooftop”
Review of Nukkad Guest House

Nukkad Guest House
Ranked #6 of 206 Specialty Lodging in Udaipur
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This was the best guesthouse that we stayed at during our time in India. Raju, Kala and family were so friendly and so helpful. We booked tours and tickets here. Be sure to take advantage of the rooftop yoga by donation and the cooking class with Kala.The room was spacious and clean and a good value overall. The food at the rooftop is delicious and reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mcchefo
There are newer reviews for Nukkad Guest House

Reviewed November 25, 2013

The nukkad paying guest house has a very beautiful inner courtyard. The rooftop restaurant is also nice. Try the paneer podina masala, it's awesome! The room was basic but with a good view. The bed was rather hard. I couldn't sleep because of loud french people in the neighbours room and because of a crazy indian procession in the middle of the night. Raju is very informative.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Siesta_Z
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed our stay at Nukkad, room was clean and fresh.
Raju the manager seems to work all hours of the day and night and was very helpful.
Nice views from the room and restaurant.
Room was not large but I thought the price was reasonable as we had checked other local guest houses / hotels.
Happy to recommend.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Nukkad_Raju, Owner at Nukkad Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

22nov 2013
GREETINGS FROM NUKKAD GUEST HOUSE

We really appreciate reading your very positive comments about your stay ,convenient location view/priceat NUKKAD and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.

The entire team my family is delighted to know that they came up to your expectations. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We assure you our best services all the times and do look forward to welcome you back at NUKkAD on your next visit to Udaipur.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

After a long tiring journey the nukkad guesthouse and raju and his family were a welcome treat! Fantastic food, great views and a lovely friendly atmosphere in the restaurant. The hotels in a great central location close to everything you need and just around te corner from the city palace. Raju couldnt have been more helpful during my stay and helped me out with my very long and confusing onward journey! my favourite hotel in india so far i would highly recommend... :)

• Stayed: October 2013
Nukkad_Raju, Owner at Nukkad Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

18-11-2013
GREETINGS FROM NUKKAD GUEST HOUSE

We really appreciate reading your very positive comments about your stay ,convenient location food',yoga at NUKKAD and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We arrived to a very warm and friendly welcome by Raju and his family after a long journey. We had a wide choice of rooms to chose from, all very clean, bright and open spaced some with beautiful views of the lake and the price ranged accordingly all reasonable. At the top there was a lovely restaurant with a full menu, cheap food and a great atmosphere with many other travellers. The restaurant is all run very smoothly by Raju and his family who made us feel part of the family during our stay. They were all very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much for them and they helped organise our onward train tickets and tours from Udaipur. Raju and his family were the best possible hosts and we left as friends. Another great aspect of this hotel was the rooftop with stunning views of the lake which also offered yoga every morning which was a very refreshing way to start the day! Highly recommended :) Will definitely be returning to catch up with Raju and his beautiful niece when we return to India. Thank you Raju!

Room Tip: Would definitely recommend a room with a lake view - so worth the money to wake up to a beautiful v...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

GREETINGS FROM NUKKAD GUEST HOUSE 19-11-2013

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

A lovely hotel in a very central location. Rooms are a little basic for the price (no toilet paper or towel and just a sheet for the bed) but are nicely decorated, very clean and huge. The rooftop restaurant is nice and a very social area always full of travellers. The food is very good, but the service can be a bit hit and miss. Highlight is Raju (the owner) who could not be more helpful and friendly. He seems to be always on the go organising transport/onwards hotels/tours etc etc for guests. Nothing is too much trouble! Overall, a great experience.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

This is really a hostel. Very basic rooms. You sleep on top of a teddybeer cover, with a plastic flower sheet. Although we had the 1100 ruppee room, bathroom is basic. The shower is top of the plastic toilet.

Rooms are clean and location in perfect.

Owner shouts a lot to his wife and childeren in the middle of the restaurant.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Nukkad_Raju, Owner at Nukkad Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear
guests
yes this is true that this is just not a hotel this is a (FAIMALY HOUSE) where I live with my family
this guest complain about price of the room-Bedsheet-courtain of bathroom-shower-ABOUT CHILDREN
This year I make two new lake view rooms and I charge 1000/1100rs this is not a over price I shoed 3 big rooms to this guest with LESS PRICE ( I know this Guest very well because he left today morning) but he choose this lake view room and he stayed 4 night in this room
if he don't like teedy beear bed sheet he should tell me I could change that sheet
yes we have plastic courtain with flower print in the bathroom I think this is not a probleam
when any body take shower in the bathroom the water spread all aver the bathroom even on the Top of the Toilet plastic sheet
when you are leaving with family when you speak some time loudly guest think that they shouting this is way of our talking
yes I have small(CHILD) in my family she is ONE year old she is my niece and mostly guest love with her and play with her
may be this guest don't like children
I would like to thank to this guest that he like our cleanness and location
in 4 day time this guest can tell me if there is something is missing in the room
any way I will fix this all Things