Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Animal Aid Unlimited
All reviews injured animals baby cows street animals few hours puppies calves emotions hydrotherapy shelter volunteers petting hundreds donated wear sanctuary birds life
Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

My wife and I have been following Animal Aid Unlimited online for a while now and have wanted to come and visit this amazing sanctuary and met the hard working founders, employees and volunteers that have given their life and time to these animals. We wished we could have spent more time helping out and hope it’ll be very soon that we come back again for a longer period to help out. Even if you can only give a few hours of your time to these animals, it will be a massive help to both the animals and helpers there. And it’s not only the dogs, cows, donkeys, etc that you will making feel better, a couple of hours spent in Handicap Heaven, will make yourself feel joyed that you have given these dogs some love back into their lives. Anyway you can help this Aid will be greatfully received, either your time, pounds, dollors, rupees, please give as much as you can.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The work the people do for the animals here is inspiring and it is an absolute pleasure to have volunteered alongside them. You are able to interact and socialise with the handicapped dogs most of which have the most severe injuries, you are also able to help give them physio as well as hydro therapy which gives the dogs a lot of happiness. As well as this you can get to know the water buffalo and resident sheep, donkeys and goats, also hundreds of cows. There are also numerous dogs with skin conditions and other health conditions such as blindness. I would recommend getting a rabies vaccination if you are to volunteer for a longer period of time so you can assist in the socialising of the dogs who have just been brought in from the streets.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We only stayed for 1 hour because of other plans, which is my only regret of this experience, I could’ve stayed for hours. The work they do is inspiring and heart warming, all of the animals look so happy and well cared for.

1  Thank Lt201829
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I visited beautiful Udaipur in October, 2018. We spent three days at Animal Aid Unlimited.
It is very hard to put into words what we did and saw there.

But to put it in a nutshell, India has beautiful natural wildlife and resources. The Desi dog is one of those. These dogs are everywhere in India and many, many Indians think that they are mongrols and lesser dogs. As a Westerner who has always had dogs. .these dogs are smarter than any dog aside from the border collie. They are streetsmart, tenacious, tough and just like the Indian people...survivors in this rough environment.

Animal Aid Unlimited is the biggest rescue/rehab center in the state of Rajasthan and they are open everyday to tours and volunteers. There you will see and understand that the street cows, donkeys and dogs of India are just as worthy of admiration and attention as the elephant, the sloth bear and the antelope.

You will spend time with the cows (collateral damage from the burgeoning Indian dairy industry), donkeys ( who are here sometimes due to being hit by cars or abuse from owners who load them up with tremendous overweight) and the Desi dogs who are there for treatment or there forever.

You will be able to spend time with paralyzed dogs ( this may sound sad but literally all they want is to be pet like any other dog) and spending just a few minutes with them one starts understanding that if we show just a little understanding and compassion towards animals that we know, it will make the world a better place.

As a tourist who comes from USA to India, Animal Aid Unlimited is a must visit to gain some healing for your soul and some perspective on the world we live in.

1  Thank FrequentFlier789966
Reviewed September 1, 2018

I had a tour around this animal refuge and it was inspiring and heart-warming to see all the work these amazing people do. Every animal is given a chance here, including the dogs who can't use their back legs so have 2 wheels strapped onto their backs so that they can still walk around. I found it interesting to learn about the street cows in India too. Well worth a visit

2  Thank Anna N
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

This was the best and most memorable part of our trip to India. I wish I could have stayed and volunteered on a daily basis. The work they do and the incredible care these animals get is just amazing. Yes, you will see some sad things but that is really not the feeling you will be left with. The animals are so happy, you can see how much they love and trust their caregivers and how much they love pets from the volunteer visitors. And you also see the love and dedication the staff have to these animals. It really is a happy, joyful place that will love you feeling warm and fuzzy inside. The animals get physical therapy, there is a hydrotherapy pool, there are carts for the disabled dogs to go running in...they are so well taken care of. The daily checklists for the animals even has a box for ‘giving them love’. They get so much love and attention on top of the great medical and rehabilitative care the center provides. Visit, donate, you’ll be happy you did.

7  Thank Tammy2124
Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

Wow! My husband and I visited this week and it totally exceeded our expectations. Animal Aid are doing some amazing work to save and support the animals in the Udaipur area. This is a sanctuary and home for sick, injured and healing dogs, cats, pigs, birds, goats, cows and chickens. Such incredible efforts to save and improve the lives of the local animals. During our visit (9.30am -12.30pm) we visited all the different areas, spent time caring and petting disabled dogs and even spent an hour helping with dog hydrotherapy in their swimming pool. It’s so good to see people doing such helpful work and to invite people in so freely to visit and help is great. We were free to help, and visit most parts of the large complex - we saw injured dogs come into the shelter via their ambulance, we saw vets working on animals, animals being fed and enclosures being cleaned. Expect to see sick and injured animals that will definitely tug on your heart strings, but please do visit and spend time with these injured animals and donate and contribute as much as possible. It is a genuine worthy cause and made my visit to Udaipur even more special. Thank you and good luck!

4  Thank Thetravelhat
Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

As a animal lover this is one of a best place to visit as it gives u moments worth remembering with all those rescued animals and the people working there it's a place where u can never be sad because of the aura of love present in that place.
Worth going and helping those people

5  Thank KanakM25
Reviewed June 2, 2018

I have supported this charity for a couple of years having found it whilst arranging a holiday to India, so a trip to Udaipur and a visit to Animal Aid Unlimited wasn't to be missed. When I arrived I was truly gobsmacked. The amount of animals they are saving is staggering. They are all happy and content with life. I sat or 2 hours in "Handicap Heaven" for the most part in tears Some from sadness of the extremely handicapped dogs around me (some with only 1 leg, others so badly paralzysed that they had to drag themselves around) but also from the sheer joy and awe I felt for these people. In the West these dogs, and there were around 100 plus handicapped, would have been destroyed but they were being given the chance of life and boy were they enjoying it. I saw them receiving physio, exercise using specially adapted wheels on carts and hydro therapy. I have seen for myself where our money goes and it is on the animals NOT administration. I cannot express enough my awe and admiration for Erika and Jim and what they have achieved here

8  Thank Val G
Reviewed April 24, 2018

As a first time traveller to India, I found the situation with animals particularly distressing and felt helpless at the plight of all the strays, especially dogs. We visited here and I came away with a sense of hope and admiration for all the good work being done, both at the Centre and with the local community which has to be the way forward. Had a lovely tour with Nicole and met Jim, his wife and all the team: a wonderful group of hard working individuals from both India and the world. It was lovely to meet so many rescued animals who have found their forever homes in a place where their lives have worth and value.

7  Thank Miles-Perryman