“great view, helpful staff!”
Review of Sargam Sadan

Sargam Sadan
Ranked #82 of 157 Hotels in Udaipur
Australia
“great view, helpful staff!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Very helpful staff, booked train tickets and provided advice as needed. Great view from roof top with very nice and cheap food. Clean and comfortable rooms, hot water for showering. Wfi available in rooms.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at about 5am, simply knocked on the door and were let in. As our room wasn't available till guests checked out we were shown to the beautiful covered terrace where we watched the sun rise over the lake.
As soon as the owner, Niraj, arrived at around 8am, we were offered breakfast and had a very friendly chat about things to do during our 4 day stay.
All the staff were so friendly and helpful. Both myself and friends will definitely be returning.
Thanks! :-)

• Stayed December 2012
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for two nights after a hectic tour through Rajasthan. It was a fantastic, clean, relaxing hotel - we loved it! Staff were very helpful and the food was delicious and well priced. we had a view of the lake which was great.
Only complaint is the wifi gets turned off randomly, we had to ask a few times for it to be turned back on.
overall i recommend it as a relaxing, friendly and clean place to stay. charming too!

• Stayed April 2013
Surat, India
Reviewed March 31, 2013

It is located at the Pichola lake, very calm and quite location away from the city life, Terrace restaurant is having excellent view of pichola lake & all other 5star hotels, Service is also very good attendant Dharmendra and Owner Mr.Neeraj has given full attention to their best, food and breakfast is very good. Real value for money and good peaceful place to relive stress, except the surrounding area which is slightly awkward.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MOHITNAIK
Agra, India
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Imagine how cosy you will feel looking out at 3-world class hotels which have similar lake views and charge Rs 20,000 - 50,000 per night for rooms. And you're paying what, maybe Rs 2,500 (about US$50)?!

Udaipur is one of my favorite places on the planet, and certainly the most wonderful travel destination in the whole of India. Sure you could visit beaches in Kerala, but they're like coastal resorts anywhere. Here in Udaipur, you're situated in the heartland of 5,000 years of history. You're in a place known for fabulous marble, gemstones and it's the home of Moghul miniature painting. Plus, you can experience the place where Shah Jahan sought refuge from his father Jahangir - a summer resort and pleasure palace for holding royal parties.

If you're not extraordinarily well off, you have to find a reasonable guest house and most are not offering a good view of Lake Pichola. I stumbled into Sargam Sadan and immediately fell in love with the place. You're at the end of a road, in a private pensione with an unubstructed view of the lake. There are other hotels - such as the Taj and Leela - other than that it's pretty much undeveloped land.

I last visited Udaipur in 1986 and I stayed one night in Lake Palace Hotel. My most vivid memory (aside from the boat ride out to the hotel and the endless expanse of marble) was waking to the 'thwak, thwak' of the dobis (laundry women) washing clothes on the shoreline. My first morning at Sargam Sadan, I experienced this once again, but the dobis are on the ghats just a couple hundred meters from my room. Wow, I had arrived.

Sargam Sadan is a new building constructed about 5 years ago. It is in a quiet upscale neighborhood along an inlet to the lake. The rooms are very clean and the hotel management is very hospitable. The only negative experience was a sketchy Wifi connection which only seemed workable in the lobby area. I didn't actually spend much time on the Internet - my two days in Udaipur were jam-packed with excursions.

Like other places you visit in India, there can be noise in the neighborhood, but I found it to be a peaceful place to stay. There was noise from the rooftop in the evening, but that is because folks are upstairs having drinks and dinner.

I didn't take photos, but if you browse through photos of the hotel here on Trip Advisor, you'll see that Sargam Sadan is an enchanting place to stay. It is close to old Udaipur and you can walk to great spots like the school of moghul miniature painting.

My room was beautifully decorated and included a windowbox seat or daybed. The bathroom was fully equipped and included soap and shampoo - something you don't find in all guest houses. The linens and sheets were clean. Distilled bottled water was sent to my room.

I especially enjoyed the rooftop restaurant and had one breakfast, one dinner and one after-dinner drink (a full bar is serving until about midnight). There are guests who come just for this restaurant and are not staying in the hotel, because the view is so fabulous.

I would have no hesitation to recommend this guest house.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 2nd floor where the bathroom has it's own window. You'll be looking out a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank wmclaxton
jaipur
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We have stayed in Hotel sargam sadan in month of Sept 12. The rooms & all the facilities was excellent. Our most liked palace in Hotel was the roof top restaurant. The view from the restaurant was awesome and food to. We enjoyed a lot. The owner of the Hotel is so kind & paying attention to each clients. I strongly recommended this hotel "Value for money".

Room Tip: Choose 01st floor rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mumbai
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We visited udaipur during Nov2012 on an unplanned trip. Our cab driver took us to this hotel since we asked for lake view room :-(
Initially, Manager told Rs.3900 for the room, after negotiating with driver he came down to Rs.3500 and the room had a lake pichola view(u will get to see shabby side of lake where ppl wud b taking bath n washin clothes). After few hours of check-in we found on agoda site that the same rooms were available in 1900-2000. We spoke to manager in the night and he finally charged us Rs.3100 by giving an excuse that its high season time and agoda site is not updated. I would suggest to book it online before opting for this hotel.
Best part was the rooftop restaurant and food (we just had bfast but found the quantity to be little less). And forgot to mention we cudnt find my hubby's abercrombie t-shirt till date.

Room Tip: choose this hotel if u want lake pichola's backwaters view n u r on tight budget and don't f...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends