Review Highlights
Best experience in India !

Reviewed 2 days ago
Voyager639935
via mobile
Amazing henne painting !

Such a welcoming family .... it was an amazing first henné painting experience. Strongly... read more

Reviewed February 17, 2018
Mathilde B
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Udaipur
from $18.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

This is the place you have to visit if you're in Udaipur !! I came for a henna tattoo and I had such a good time , talking and learning lot of things about India . I felt like home , welcomed so warmly and I they offered me a very good chai. And I'm so happy of my tattoo, such an artist :)

I definitely recommend this place !

Take care .
You're a beautiful family :)

Elizabeth

Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

Such a welcoming family .... it was an amazing first henné painting experience.
Strongly recommended :)

Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

My friend and I did a cooking class this morning. Very tasty and delicious vegetarian Indian dishes!! She is so sweet and helpful and really wants to tell you stories about Indian culture and how she started her business.
Can definately recommend!!

1  Thank Simonejuul
Reviewed February 16, 2017

Raj Heena Painting was such a cool little shop and Renu was so lovely! She did my henna super quick and it was beautiful! I got a lot of compliments walking around Udiapur

Reviewed January 21, 2017

My first heena painting ever was a wonderful experience! I had such a good moment and meeting Renu and her family felt like a home welcome.
The painting was beautiful and so are the craft they offer.
I was also treated to a delicious Chai!
I will come back if I travel to India again.

Reviewed December 27, 2016 via mobile

After spending the afternoon getting hena designs on my wife, which we will write about in the next post, we spent the next day learning to cook amazing Indian food with Renu and her wonderful family.

The food was delicious! We spent three hours chopping, cooking then eating an array of Indian foods (maybe 7 dishes?). On top of the hospitality the price was very reasonable and well below what you would pay in other places, particularly those where tour guides are paid to take there guests. We paid 2,500 rupees for 2 people, which was a lot more than she actually asked for. We had such a great experience and we wish we had more rupees to give.

Renu as a person has to be the kindest lady we have met in India. She is softly spoken and remarkably kind, and her and her husband are sacrificing everything to get their children the best education possible.

For a truly authentic Indian experience stop by Raj Henna knowing that you will not be ripped off and your $ are going to help her children attend school and better the lives of their family.

Reviewed November 21, 2016 via mobile

We came upon this place by chance after reading a review on TripAdvisor. We met Renu and her lovely family. We wanted to get henna painting in time for an Indian wedding. We spent several hrs looking at designs and talking with Renu. She showed us lovely Indian head jewellery. Her husband made us a lovely cup of chai.
We chatted and Renu said she will take us to a wholesale clothing bazaar away from the tourist area where the quality of the clothing is better. We came back the next morning, and off we went to the wholesale clothing place. We found some nice simmering pataila pants. I eventually loved this dress Renu made.
We came back to renu's business around 2pm where she served us lunch! Then we proceeded with the henna painting. We each had an idea in mind for what we want. We gave Renu the freedom to create something unique as well. Ultimately we ended up spending an entire day there. We had so much fun and really enjoyed her company.
She didn't give us a price for her work but we made sure we paid her market value for her time and efforts.

Reviewed September 30, 2016

We were looking for somewhere to have some henna done on our feet in the Main Street and had walked past a couple other establishments which didn't look that reputable when we saw Raj Heena Painting!

We went inside and was greeted by Renu and her daughter and they asked what we would like, there was no pressure just welcoming and warm. They had many magazines of henna designs, photos of previous clients and the daughters draw book (which had amazing designs!).

After some discussion with Renu we decided on both having both feet and also a design on our backs, all chosen from her daughters designs as they are so beautiful! Both artists were brilliant and the end result was beautiful! We also had complimentary chai tea whilst we were being painted :)

Whilst we waited for the henna to dry we browsed their shop and just had a lovely time, and also ended up buying plenty of homemade jewellery and lovely gifts and souvenirs! Again there was no pressure from them to buy anything and the prices were set and very fair :)

Following the henna setting we had it scratched off and special oil applied to darken the patterns. We were then offered to have dinner at there home high was lovely :)

I would definitely recommend these ladies to anyone who wants lovely intricate henna doing in Udaipur at a fair rate and also recommend their shop for beautiful and reasonable goods!

1  Thank Stephanie L