- price is VERY good. I dont think youll find as good value as this anywhere else.
- service is great, you will be treated very nicely. Always greeted with a smile.
- owner is very honest: I had payed for three nights but only stayed two. He gave me back the money without hesitating
- building is nice and has a very good location.
- rooftop with sublime views ... Really.. WOW!!!
- hot water 24/7 BUT takes a long long time ( you have to start the shower a while ahead). Dont know if they could improve this. Nevertheless, once hot water starts coming out, you can enjoy it as long as you want
- breakfast is simple, not many options
- sheets and blankets did not look clean ( if not dirty then at least stained ). Could improve this by buying some new sheets, and washing blankets more often.
- the room is not cleaned every day which is a shame... It is always nice to come to an organised and clean room at night
- wifi did not work in our room
- Communication via email is difficult. they take ages to answer the emails, or do not answer them at all.
plus, it looks like everything is a bit deorganized: I had written thousands of emails asking for a lake view room, since it was our honeymoon. And also saying that even though I had payed 3 nights I would only stay two. When we got there, he said he didnt know we where only staying two nights , and that he was not sure if lake view room would be available (which I had asked for couple of months before and as I said, I had written many reminders, insisting that I wanted lake view)... At the beginning he said lake view room would not be possible ( even though I booked this hotel on this only condition)
Finally, he said I was " lucky" that one lake view room was available.... Hmm.. Lucky?
When we gottothe room, windows were small, so the view was not as nice as expected. Given that lake view room is much more expensive, I think in the end it would have been the same to pay for a normal room.
That being said... Building is in good shape, owners are willing to do everything right, location is top. So, if they manage to fix some of these aspects, and pay more attention to a few little details, this hotel could easily be the best in town!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is an ancestral HAVELI and we keep the traditions of ages alive, the thrust is on aboriginal Indian culture and providing perfect homely environment to make your stay eternally memorable in UDAIPUR.All rooms are AIR CONDITIONED. All rooms have proper day light and fresh air circulation.We have big terrace to enjoy Lake view , City palace view, Monsoon palace view, you can also enjoy view of Aravali hills.We do not have parking facility, out side hotel public parking is available it is safe but its reservation is not possible. we do not have accommodation for driver. .There are no telephones or television sets in the rooms to upset the tranquility and serenity of this beautiful haveli. You cannot help but fall in love and want to stay forever. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Hotel Aashiya Haveli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.