All reviews lake pichola rooftop restaurant hotel is located quick service nice stay jagdish temple proximity
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is ok. Near lake pichola. Food was tasty but limited variety. The hotel is located in a congested area so its not recommended to go by your own car. Although they provide the parking space near to hotel but it depends upon the availability of the space there.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank smendir007
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I alongwith family visited Udaipur in November,12.Hotel is perfectly located at the heart of tourist HUB of city.Modern ammenities blended with traditional designed for sheer comfort.Excellent food backed by caring personilized room service.What is more is cooperative behaviour of Mr.Ashish.coming forward to plan andorganized our trip.

D.K.Jain,Indore

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was in Udaipur and stayed put here for 4 days. While I did not expect much from the hotel after reading a review from one of the guests, I was in for a very pleasant surprise. The hotel has some great staff beginning with Ashish who is the owner, Darshan at the reception, Shahid at the restaurant and all the staff who are extremely co-operative, helpful and always around. A vehicle was arranged at the airport for a pickup and drop and the vehicle was already waiting for me as I reached the airport. The check-in was smooth and the room was ready as I walked in. I was provided the option of two rooms to choose from in the Super Deluxe category and I chose the one facing the lake. The room is pretty decent and decorated in typical Rajasthani style. The bath and toilet is average but neat and clean. Ashish also helped us with transportation for sight seeing in and around Jaipur and the vehicle was always on time in spite of the heavy rush season with the right drivers who were very cordial. He also gave us the right advice on shopping locations, rates, etc. The only grouch in the entire stay was the fact that the lake is only part visible from the room and a better view would have been fantastic. The bathroom could also be improved. I will give the hotel a rating of 4/5

Room Tip: Go in for the rooms overlooking the lake either in the Suite or Super Deluxe Category for a better view of the lake
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2012

visited on 15th august on the same. welcome was good by the owner himslef and during three das we got an excellent and quick service at there. wanna go again n again, terrace sitting and view from the window is good enough. even mr.aaashish helps us a lot regarding the sites visits of udaipoor and we always be a thankfull to him.

Room Tip: suites are owsome...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I had booked a deluxe room for 3 nights for Au$165. When I arrived at the hotel on 27th September 2012 I was apparently given a super deluxe room which did not match any of the pictures displayed on the internet, and had no amenities. The room was dirty with a bathtub in a shocking and disgusting state. The hotel staff were difficult and unapproachable, refusing to let me speak with hotel management until I insisted. They could not explain why there were no amenities there in the first place but advised they would place a fridge and electric kettle in there for me. The pictures on the internet apparently show the suite rooms and bathrooms, not the deluxe rooms. I would not stay in this room even if I was allowed to stay there for free. I found alternate accommodation and wrote to Expedia the very next day. I was refused a refund by the hotel even though I did not even check in. Prior to leaving Udaipur I returned to Mandiram Palace with the intention of accessing the room and taking pictures to prove my story, and query why I was not given at least part of my refund. I was denied access to the room by the receptionist who told me he was just a masseur at the hotel but in fact he was Mr Ashish Ramsnehi himself, the hotel owner and manager. After finding this out from my taxi driver, I called Mr Ramsnehi and threatened to go to the Police. I held further discussions with Expedia the following day and managed to get back a refund for 2 nights only. My advice to any sensible traveller is not to book such a hotel where people are deceptive and dishonest. Once you have paid them, there is no hope of recieving the service that is promised, or your money if you have a dispute. It is hotels like this one that give tourists a poor impression of India and reinforce the idea that India is full of corruption. I will be writing to the Rajastan Tourism Industry to inform them of the problems I have experienced with this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Urvasi D
mandirampalace, Owner at Hotel Mandiram Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Sir,

The Guest booked lowest category room ( deluxe) and demanded highest category room(suite).
The pictures displayed in Expedia are of Suite room. This is Expedia fault and not the Hotel's.
In the Hotel's site there are all pictures of the rooms with their names.

The guest checked in at 11.00pm and next day send mail to Expedia for the refund. Expedia refused to refund as it was non refundable booking. We helped the guest by providing them 2 nights refund from Expedia. Expedia then refunded for 2 nights. This was only with the help of the Hotel.

The taxi driver whatever told the guest was false as Hotel owner was out of station.

The guest paid for Deluxe and demanded Suite. After getting refund, the guest way of speaking totally changed. It was only because of the help of Hotel the guest got refund.

Thanks