All reviewslake picholarooftop restauranthotel is locatedquick servicenice stayjagdish templeproximity
Reviewed December 24, 2011

Service is what sets this Hotel apart from the numerous competitors in the area. Its location, just a few minutes walk from Leela Palace, was ideal for me as I was attending a nearby wedding. The gentleman at the Front Desk was very courteous and assisted with having my clothes pressed during the ceremony.

I was upgraded to the Deluxe Suite and I have to say, this room was spectacular. One of the rooms I saw was not so great so I would definitely try for the Deluxe: it has a nice view of the water and a relaxing alcove to sit it. There were a few ants in the room but nothing too uncomfortable (and nothing unusual for this type of hotel in India).

The rooftop cafe was nice as well.

I cannot corroborate the complaints about the noise as whenever I returned to my room you could hear a pin drop.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the Deluxe Suite. No drivers knew this location by name, so be sure to have the address, contact number, and a good reference spot ahead of time.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Exactly oppostie of the images shown in website....Its very Small hotel..like lounge...service is also very bad. We booked this hotel from internet seeing the pictures but felt very inferior after reaching there. there was no electricity and no facility for generators...We were told beakfast is complimentary but nothing was provided....not even tea/coffee.

Is say its lakeside but only two rooms are lakeside and that too view is not that good as one expects.

Overall exp very bad.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank ArepeeIndia
Reviewed December 8, 2011

it's a nice clean place with incredibly helpful and friendly staff, but our room was on the road side - maybe they all are - and it was almost impossible to get to sleep before midnight. The hot water supply was intermittent and the bathroom could have been spruced up a bit more without much effort.

Room Tip: If there are rooms that don't over look the road, choose one
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2011

this experience has been like a good introduction to a bad story. Arrival, pick up and check in was pleasant. but what followed was a series of delinquent lies, miscommunication, and insults. location is not so exquisite as proclaimed. No ATMs nearby, bad food, smaller rooms than advertised on internet. Electricity problems, no cable tvs, no view from the so called city view, no hot water until asked for. Lack of privacy, thin walls (could hear people next door). Manager is never around when needed. NEVER HIRE A CAB OR TAKE THE SO CALLED CITY TOURS. Hire a cab from outside, as this hotel charges extra. Complimentary breakfast as promised was charged during check out. Everything around the locality is expensive. Insulted under the perception that we didnt understand HINDI. Far from the city and in short

STAY ELSEWHERE. !!!

Room Tip: Dont stay here.. !!! much better is Anand Mahal, cheaper and much nicer..
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank bullsfools
Reviewed December 2, 2011

The room was comfortable but basic. We liked the window seat - though to say the room had a lake view would be a bit of a stretch. The bathroom was run down, a little grotty and could do with a refurb, but there was hot water and it served its purpose. The hotel or area suffers power outages between 8am and 11am every day (there is a notice in reception to warn you of this). The staff were attentive when asked, but the room wasn't cleaned during our four night stay. The location was central, however you had to run the gauntlet of hawkers, shop owners and high pressure rickshaw drivers to get to or from the front door. The restaurant on the top was undergoing a refurb and whilst trying to be helpful, the manager applied friendly but excessive pressure to eat at only his establishment, claiming we'd get sick eating anywhere else. This meant we didn't return. We didn't get sick anywhere else either! In the evenings, the restaurant turned into a loud, open air "nightclub". It didn't affect our sleep as we were on the first floor, but if I ran the Udai Kothi next door, I would be having words.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple