Raj Palace Resort
Agoda.com
The Pugmark(Sawai Madhopur)
$62
  • Pool
The Oberoi Vanyavilas(Sawai Madhopur)
$421
Nahargarh Ranthambhore(Sawai Madhopur)
$172
$126
Agoda.com
$38
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Hotel Sanctuary Resort(Sawai Madhopur)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsswimming poolintrepid tournational parkgreat resortnice poolbooking officevisited ranthambhorefolk danceexcellent place to staypleasant stayrailway stationenjoyed my staygarden areatasty foodsafari bookingtiger safariroom was large
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 17, 2012

This property is very well located right on the main road (unlike others which are deep inside) and just 5 minutes drive from the Sawai Madhopur Railway station. Hence, you do not have to hire jeeps to go out and buy stuff like water, crisps etc. Nice cottage rooms with all standard amenities, good neat & clean swimming pool, beautiful lawns to sit out / dine out in the evenings and excellent staff. When you book a meals inclusive rooms you get a good value and their chef is superb who makes delicious delicacies right from Indian, Mughlai, continental, Chinese etc. Restaurant manager, staff, front desk and even the owners are on their toes whenever there is someone staying at their lovely resort. It is people who make the difference in your stay and they are nice people. I have stayed here thrice for 02 nights each, each time with a group of 15+ pax and everybody has loved their stay at the Raj Palace Resort.

Room Tip: All their cottage rooms are more or less similar in size and location. Every room is facing towards the lawn. It is not a very big property. They have maintained it very well.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Sheikh-Junaid
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We had a superior room which was well worth it, it was a lovely big room with tea/coffee making facilities, tv and fridge and a nice bathroom. The pool was lovely and clean and towels were provided, the gardens were nice. We were served food on the first night from a buffet but the next night we chose from the menu, both were good. Early breakfast was served before the safarri if required but we chose to have it on our return and sat in the garden to eat this.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank BrenLiz
Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

We booked on agoda from overseas and as we're backpacking this was meant to be a treat for us, paying nearly 3 times out budget a night! When we arrived the power was out a problem that you can expect constantly during your stay, we got to the room it was hot as hell because of the power. And full of crickets ( as there are gaps between the door and windows) The power came back and our tv and air con didn't work ( another problem that plagued us during our stay). The restaurant is overpriced especially for India. And the free wifi doesn't work so expect to pay for computer privileges. Overall a disappointing experience at raj

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Bestpaigeever
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Dark stuffing room, very noisy fan, I don't even remember the bathroom. The garden was lovely the staff was nice, the food other the breakfast was well enough. Breakfast was a disaster, they were not serving before safari and the buffet eggs, and toast were cold after... I gave up. I understood they had wifi, because the system was down they allowed me to use the computer in the back for free. The power went out once in the two days we were there, I travel with a flash light so it didn't effect me much. Whew, but the hotels near Ranthambore are expensive!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank NomadicByNature
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We loved this place. We had just come from Varanasi and Agra staying in quite basic guesthouses so it was a real treat to come to Raj Palace which is a smart, clean, well run resort. Our room was gorgeous with a really modern bathrooom. The pool was clean and quiet with towels provided. The restuarant was excellent - I would have preferred to have a menu but most of the time it was buffet (although this probably worked out cheaper for us).
I was ill during my stay from something I picked up in Agra and the Raj Palace staff were really helpful - they gave us a good price to stay a few hours extra in the hotel on the day we checked out so I could rest.
Another great thing was the staff helping us with the safarai booking we made online in the UK. We needed to go to the booking office to confirm both our bookings (on 2 different days) which would have been quite a hassle but the hotel sorted this for us for a really small fee. They also arranged a an extra safari trip for us while we were there.
Yes, this place is more expensive that other places in India but I think this is the case for all the hotels in this area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple