The Oberoi Vanyavilas
Agoda.com
Nahargarh Ranthambhore(Sawai Madhopur)
Jungle Vilas(Sawai Madhopur)
  • Pool
Raj Palace Resort(Sawai Madhopur)
The Pugmark(Sawai Madhopur)
  • Pool
All reviewsratna malhotrathe general managerobservation towerrose petalsjungle drivesluxury tentsprivate gardenexecutive chefoutstanding hotelnature walkfour poster bedeach guestresident naturalisthot water bottlesmagical experiencegame drivesnational park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Oberoi Vanyavillas is heaven on earth. The rooms are called tents, but they are large, luxurious and gorgeously private. There are sitting areas outside, with flowers, greenery and sky all that one can see. Gardens and grounds are gorgeous. The service was phenomenal - friendly, warm and caring, and also efficient. The manager, Ratna, was superb. She was everywhere, was extremely personable and caring, and everything ran like clockwork. One evening we listened to a naturalist talk about tigers - we ordered martinis, and our waiter remembered exactly how we liked them from our order the previous night. Impressive. The food was wonderful. Eating outdoors around the large firepit was romantic.We did not manage to see a tiger, but enjoyed our safari. My only regret was that we didn't have more time here. This hotel was a highlight of our time in India.

Room Tip: They are all wonderful.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cath116
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out the time to write such a fantastic review on the Trip Advisor.

A stay in a luxury tent at The Oberoi Vanyavilas is certainly unique; it brings you close to the nature without compromising on luxury and comfort.

Our resort offers an excellent opportunity to relax and unwind in the tranquil surroundings. I am happy to know that you had a relaxed vacation and have thoroughly enjoyed the exquisiteness of the flora and fauna around.

Thank you for your very kind words on our rooms, personalized service and our food quality. I am very glad to learn that the inner courtyard with the bonfire also added to your dining experience.

I have also shared your kind feedback with our naturalist and the food and beverage team. They are delighted to hear that you enjoyed their services.

We are committed to consistently provide warm, efficient and discrete services to our guests. Thank you for your acknowledgment of my teams’ genuine care and concern

Please do plan another holiday with us. My team and I really look forward to welcome you back soon again…the Tigers too promise to meet you next time!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

World class in every respect.
Masive, very comfortable, very well appointed tent roof rooms. Loads of space inside and out and for us the most comfortable beds of the 6 Oberois we stayed in.
Great food.
Fantastic staff.
In a rating system where excellent is top this hotel goes beyond in every area.
Given this hotel is based around safaris to Ranthambhore National Park and the chance to see Tigers in the wild, visitors must realise that the odds of success are small. We met lots of people who had done 4 or 5 safaris and not seen a trace, however the park is beautiful and the hotel is worth the trip on its own.
I pass on advice that served us well.
We were advised that zones 2,3,4 were best and we saw 2 tigers eating a deer in zone 2. We were also told morning drives and smaller jeeps had the best chance.
Thank you all at Vanyavilas World Class

Room Tip: All rooms identical
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wisborough1

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking out the time to write this wonderful review on the Trip Advisor. We are honored to receive your kind compliments and for being considered amongst the best.

We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed our accommodation, hospitality, services and facilities and we were able to meet your expectations.

Your kind words of appreciation for the team will go a long way in encouraging them to achieve higher standards of service excellence as we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

We are very happy to note that you were even able to spot the elusive Tiger!

We all look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you the best of the Oberoi hospitality!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

A spiritual retreat...I had the time of my life. The staff was super attentive, our luxury tent was unbelievable. The food was amazing...It was my birthday and the chef prepared a special menu just for me...I spent some time at the spa and my massage therapist was a god...what a wonderful treatment I received (a rose petal and milk bath)...My brother and I saw a glorious tiger the morning of my birthday, what a gift...(trip was in June 2011, but couldn't select this date from the drop down menu).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Gloco620
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and views with us through the Trip Advisor. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us especially on the very important occasion of your birthday.

We are delighted to know that every aspect of your experience was excellent and that our food and attentive service met your expectation.

We are glad that the special menu prepared by our Chef’s team on your birthday was to your liking and that you even enjoyed the Spa treatments.

I have also personally conveyed your kind compliments to the rest of my team and they are extremely delighted to hear that their efforts have been so well appreciated

It’s been two years that you have visited us. My Team and I really look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

It is original in the sense that the bungalow is a tent !, but with floor and walls. Inside there is everything , but really everything. The tents are huge, the bathrooms even bigger.,each tent is completely isolated from the next one, with a huge dedicated garden. The property is a masterpiece of gardening, and a paradise for the bird watcher. The food at the restaurant is excellent. The masterpiece though is the service. The hotel is small, only 25 tents, so you really feel the personal service. Of course, all this is expected, since the hotel manager is around ALL DAY LONG!!! Don't miss the experience of staying there and of course taking the safari of the Ranthambhore Park.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally fantastic.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kYazitzoglou

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind review on the Trip Advisor.

I am happy that the charm of the stunning landscaped gardens, the serene ambiance of the resort and our food and service met your expectations.

The team extends their gratitude for your remarkable appreciation and assures you to deliver their unsurpassed hospitality always!

We hope to welcome to The Oberoi Vanyavilas soon again.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

These are very luxurious tents with large bathrooms and charming tiger covered wallpaper. The service was terrific and in the evening there was music around the campfire. The breakfasts were delicious and the staff quite charming. We were lucky enough to see both a tiger and a leopard during our two night stay. The drives in the game preserve are not very interesting or scenic. Had we not seen a tiger we would have been disappointed. Seeing a tiger up close in the wild was quite amazing and we were thrilled to see a leopard on the second day.

Room Tip: All of the tents appear to be the same. The one's in the back a quiter
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review on the Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that every aspect of your experience was excellent and that our product, food and services met your expectation. We are glad that you enjoyed the bonfire and the Rajasthani folk music.

We are committed to consistently provide warm, efficient and discrete services to our guests. Thank you for your acknowledgment of my teams’ efforts.

We are very delighted to know that you did see the elusive tiger and a leopard too!!

My team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again.