“wow”

The Oberoi Vanyavilas
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Sawai Madhopur
Reviewed May 7, 2013

in the midst of thick foilage, flowers, one finds the luxury oaisis, the Oberois Vanyavilas.
amasing property, true Oberoi style. The staff were very informatic about their resort and the tents were really comfortable.one can have their meal in the dining hall or under the mango trees in thje open where one gets to see the beauti,ful birds the peacocks dancing.
very good food and beverage department.
the property has been maintained very well.
keep it up

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you so much for your beautiful review on the Trip Advisor.

We are very happy to learn that your visit to our property was pleasant and comfortable and that the facilities provided to you, met your expectations.

We thank you for your positive feedback about our team (especially food and beverage), services and the hotel. Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of inspiration and encourage us to achieve even higher standards.

My Team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon again

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Thanks a lot Team Vanyavilas for hosting us for past few days. For my family this has resulted in lasting memories and a re-affirmation of the excellent service brand Oberoi is !!!

Dear Ratna, Manjari specially wanted to thank you for the wonderful experience she had. And Nandini has promptly re-named two of her toy elephants as Mala and Lakshmi. Also introduced a small Sheru (with a rajasthani Pagri) in our home jungle collection.

We would surely love to be back sometime soon.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gaurav S
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you so much for your beautiful review on the Trip Advisor.

I am so glad that Manjari and Nandini also enjoyed their stay with us. I have loved the name “Sheru” they have given to the our little tiger friend and we shall too now have him addressed by the same name.

My team and I look forward to the pleasure of you and your families’ continued visits and assure you the best of the Oberoi hospitality.

Best regards

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed here while visiting the tigers nearby, and had fabulous sightings. Lovely accommodations in an intimate setting, delicious food, and extremely attentive staff. Highly recommended and would go back in a heartbeat. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your beautiful review on the Trip Advisor.

We are happy to learn that your visit to our property was pleasant and comfortable and that the facilities provided to you, met your expectations.

We thank you for your positive feedback about the hotel. Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of inspiration to our staff and encourage us to achieve even higher standards. We are indeed delighted that you did have good tiger sightings as well.

My Team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon again

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Incredible hotel. Some of the best staff imagineable.

The rooms were so beautiful and luxurious. The food and wine was excellent.

Its a fantastic hotel, I would go back in a flash if I could. Really lovely hotel with world class staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Thank you so much for your beautiful review on the Trip Advisor.

A stay in a luxury tent at The Oberoi Vanyavilas is definitely unique - it brings you close to the nature without compromising on luxury and comfort. I am glad to know that our facilities, activities and services met your expectations and made your stay comfortable and enjoyable.

Thank you for your kind comments about my team. I have personally conveyed your compliments to my team and they are extremely delighted to hear that their efforts have been so well appreciated.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed here as our 3rd stop on a tour of Golden Triangle plus this stop. All Oberoi hotels and all fantastic (I have reviewed them also) The check in , usual swift personal service greeted by staff by name, given cold towels and refreshing drink and taken to our room where all amenities explained in full.
The villa was spacious, big four poster bed, wonderful big bathroom with free standing bath. We loved the tented roof as you could here the birds landing on it so you really felt part of the jungle.The villa had a secluded garden with plenty of places to sit.
There's an observation tower with binoculars which was nice.
There is just the 1 restaurant with either inside or court yard dining and the food and service was very good overall. We had a slight glitch when I asked for fries instead of mash with my dinner and was given mash and my husband asked for a beer which never arrived. Another slight glitch was 1 of the 2 lunch times by the pool when I ordered a sandwich before we went out on our afternoon game drive. 40 minutes later it hadn't arrived and we had to go in to shower and get dressed ready for pick up. When I explained to the waiter he looked a little blank at first, but then remembered and was extremely apologetic. I asked if he could cancel it as we didn't have time to eat it. I said that it wasn't a problem we just didn't have time. He wanted to bring it to our room and seemed genuinely upset. He told his manager and the general manager who both came up to us in the lobby to apologise (we really weren't upset, but this is the level of outstanding care that the staff take and take full responsibility for minor hiccups.) They insisted on bringing the sandwich to us in the lobby whilst we waited for our jeep, bless them.
Out of the 3 drives we saw a tiger on the 3rd one, this time we had a freelance driver and guide and they were fabulous - on the drives we saw plenty of deer, birds, crocodile, lots of monkeys and babies - aaaww, jackal, wart hog and the beautiful tiger. Very bumpy on the jeeps tho, so if you have a bad back I would not advise it.
Swimming pool, lobby and all communal areas simply outstanding and the staff like i said are second to none. When we had our last breakfast before leaving one of the waiters came running after me and gave me a cuddly tiger. Simply outstanding

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your beautiful and detailed review on the Trip Advisor.

On behalf of my team, I am extremely apologetic for the inconvenience caused to you with regards to the service in the restaurant and at the pool. My team and I will ensure that we are certainly more cautious and are thankful to you for giving us another opportunity and not letting this effect your overall experience of our resort.

My team and I are however delighted that you were able to see the tiger and the other wildlife in the jungle and we look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you the best of the Oberoi hospitality.

Best regards

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The Manager (Ratna Malhotra) and her team make you feel like you are at home. The "tents" are stunning and the staff really try to get to know you.
The opportunity for tiger viewing is the biggest reason to come to Ranthambore, but the Vanyavilas certainly make it worth staying a couple of more days.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your beautiful review on the Trip Advisor.

Relaxing ambiance paired with personalized yet unobtrusive service is what we always aim to offer to all our guests. A stay in a luxury tent at The Oberoi Vanyavilas is definitely unique - it brings you close to the nature without compromising on luxury and comfort.I am glad to know that our facilities, activities and services met your expectations and made your stay comfortable and enjoyable.

Thank you for your kind comments for the team.I have personally conveyed your compliments to the team and they are extremely delighted to hear that their efforts have been so well appreciated.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

With someone holding up the placard and looking out for you on a grey cold morning (630am) at SWM Ralway Station, it gives ominous signs of auspicious things to come. The Oberoi had arranged complimentary transfers and having informed of our early arrival, ensured that our so called tent was ready at 7 instead of the usual checkin at 1.

The traditional indian welcome ensued before we discovered why it was called a luxurious tent. The bath area was as large as the living area...well almost, with two heating units, two wash basins, a separate bath tub and a shower area. Luxury indeed!

The staff was thoughtfull enough to give us a tent was in one nice corner with a little waterbody of its own, lot of grass, tree and birds, we having informed in advance that its our anniversary weekend....Each one of the staff, at the earliest available opportunity, ensured to greet us on our anniversary.

Relaxed and refreshed, we spent some time at the observatory tower giving a 360 view of the area...they have high-power binocs if you can ask for it. And then it was time for the afternoon Safari. And did we get lucky? Oh yes, and how...we had witnessed the Big Fish! (read "the big fish" on www.thoughtfool-viral.blogspot.com)

The evening held a surprise in store..an anniversary cake, heart shape with an eternal favourite chocolate flavour....a bath tub, full of roses to go with it. A good way to unwind the body tired of the 3hr bumpy jungle safari.

Dont forget to go for their evening session on the Jungle by Pranad, the naturalist who could fill you with quirky trivia about the local flora and fauna in an interesting way...dont go his age and looks) and with an equally interesting documentary about tigers and their rein at R/mbore

At night, they even aranged for a private dinner in the garden by the restuarant...with a private butler and the live folk music for th background....we could not have asked for more.

Thanks to Manoj, the PhD horticulturist, we discovered that the seemingly boring botanical garden walk could be so much more interesting....and cursed ourselves for carving out only an half hour for this. His knowledge and their garden can fill you with knowledge and joy!

Its criminal of me to forget the lady's name who led their super service oriented house keeping staff (ask for your favorite cookies for evening coffee and they'll get you a jar full). But what I would not forget is that Gestures are only an icing...what takes the cake is the warmth you get from everyone in the staff, its as if they are on a mission to shower you with memories for life so that you return much more than content, expectations exceeded. For even in departure they ensured we were safely on our way for our onward journey

Room Tip: All of the tents looked nicely place, though we were at 210 or 209, nice and conveniently placed at...