“Mr. Oberoi, thank you for creating this magical place!”

The Oberoi Vanyavilas
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Sawai Madhopur
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Vanyavilas in mid January 2013. I have never received such a welcome and departure with elephants, the manager, the staff making sure everything was perfect, and it was. From the minute we stepped out of the car, the General Manager, Ratna Malhotra, treated us like we were guests in her very beautiful home. I watched her treat two elderly guests traveling alone like they were her Aunts, and she and the staff treated everyone like that.
The tent was immaculate and luxurious, the music at night, the lectures on the area, the hotwater bottles and blankets for the early morning tiger drives, made our stay unforgettable. We took a tour with the horticulturalist on the grounds, and he presented us with a picture he had taken of us.
It is truly like stepping into another world. Kay and Jim Snow

Room Tip: They are all wonderful, I'm sure.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind and beautiful review on the Trip Advisor.

Relaxing ambiance paired with personalized yet unobtrusive service is what we always aim to offer to all our guests and I am glad that our facilities and services met your expectations.

A stay in a luxury tent at The Oberoi Vanyavilas is definitely unique - it brings you close to the nature without compromising on luxury and comfort. We are glad that you loved the tent experience!

On your behalf, I have personally conveyed your compliments to Manoj (the horticulturist) for his tour and our naturalist for his sessions and they have both conveyed their heartfelt appreciation for your kind words.

My team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This must be one of the best hotels that I have stayed in. Attention to detail was second to none the tented accommodation has to be seen to be believed. The manageress runs a very tight ship and everything was perfect, even the resident elephants are delightful.
I couldn't falt this hotel in any way, it is superb.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JaniMidlands
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful words of appreciation on the Trip Advisor.

Our tent is the most important element in the overall experience and makes a huge difference to a guest’s stay. Thank you for letting us know that the room as a product exceeded your expectations, and that you found it very comfortable.

My team and I along with Mala and Laxmi, our elephants look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

What an unexpectedly incredible place to stay! We booked here really as a break in between travelling from Agra to Jaipur, but were blown away by the luxurious tranquility that awaited us. The hotel is one of the most beautiful places we have ever stayed, and felt like a proper retreat from the world, with daily yoga, art classes, talks and much more. Nothing felt like it was too much trouble for anyone. Our 'tent' was unbelievable, better then any hotel room we've been in. We could have lived there! Beautifully furnished, with your own garden filled with peacocks wandering around outside. It felt like you were in a beautiful film. Poonam, our housekeeper, surprised my wife one evening with a bath full of rose petals, and even made the year of our anniversary in it! My wife and I were blown away. This really reflects the attitude of the hotel and all of the wonderful staff they have, it's all in the details and making things as personal as possible for the guests.

The morning we had our early morning jeep ride into the park, the hotel gave us hot water bottles and thick blankets for our drive, such a thoughtful (and helpful!) touch for the freezing morning. We had our meals under the stars, around a fire pit, which couldn't have been any more romantic if they tried! Our dietary requirements were handled with grace and ease by the amazing chefs.

The General Manager Ratna was incredibly hospitable, discreet, professional and kind, and really helped to make our stay over our anniversary one to remember. We sadly only had 2 nights here, and immediately regretted not booking for longer. We cannot wait to be back!

Room Tip: They are all incredible and identical, but the further you are away from the main communal areas the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

At the onset allow me to thank you for writing the beautiful review on the Trip Advisor for us.

Our beautiful luxury tents and the gardens at The Oberoi Vanyavilas are unique - it brings you close to nature without compromising on the luxury, comfort and beauty. We are glad that you loved the tents and the gardens!

I have personally shared your appreciation of the efforts put in by Poonam and the rest of my team to exceed your expectations. They are all thrilled to hear your kind feedback.

I am extremely glad to know that your visit to our property was memorable and that our facilities and services exceeded your expectations.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon in not too distant future for another unforgettable experience of a longer stay.

Our warmest regards

Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Vanyavilas in November 2012. With the exception of the international flights, the hotels, internal flights, road transport and safaris were organised by Ratna Malhotra,the General Manager of Vanyavilas. Everything ran smoothly, not even a small hitch was encountered which was quite exceptional because some of the arrangements were last minute decisions due to my having had major surgery shortly before the trip to India and the surgeons had advised against early travel. We had a very warm welcome and after a lovely lunch we were shown to the our tent which had been chosen for us because of its proximity to the restaurant and public rooms. As I have special dietary requirements I was introduced to the chef in order to make arrangements for my meals, the waiters were very attentive and the food came exactly as it was ordered. In fact, every member of the staff did their jobs so well it seemed like things were done almost by magic. The tents are magnificent, the gardens are just too beautiful and the staff extremely gracious, all that put together makes Vanyavilas the most wonderful place to stay. We loved it so much we are hoping to return in April.

Room Tip: I am sure any special room requests would be dealt with satisfactorily by the hotel management.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful words of appreciation on the Trip Advisor.

Relaxing ambiance paired with personalized yet unobtrusive service is what we always aim to offer to all our guests and your appreciation of our luxurious tents and cuisine is really encouraging. The spacious gardens and facilities favor privacy and relaxation. I am glad that you enjoyed our product and services to the fullest.

On your behalf, I have personally conveyed your compliments to the entire team and they have also conveyed their heartfelt appreciation for your kind words.

We hope you are both keeping in great health. My team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in April. Please feel free to write to me at Ratna.Malhotra@oberoihotels.com if you need any assistance in planning your holiday with Oberoi Hotels.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

this was the best hotel that I have ever stayed in, and I have stayed in many of the finest hotels in the world! The suites are actually tents which are both roomy and extremely comfortable with all the attendant luxuries. the service was incomparable, and every wish is looked after. food exemplary. we had laundry done and it was sdone in one day and to perfection.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your beautiful review on the Trip Advisor.

We strive every day to deliver the best experiences to our guests. I have personally shared your appreciation of the efforts put in by the Food and Beverage and the laundry team to exceed your expectations. They are all happy to know that their efforts have been so well appreciated.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Best regards

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed at the Oberoi Vanyavilas in early January 2013.We arrived at the hotel after an exhausting day of travel.We were welcomed by the manager who noted we were tired and immediately offered to have our dinner served in our tent.This level of personal service continued throughout our stay.The hotel gardens were beautiful and tranquil,a pleasant environment to relax in after the busy and fast paced Indian streets.Our tents were elegant and well appointed and the cuisine excellent.The game drives were great.The level of service,attention to detail and friendliness of staff at this hotel can only be described as 'superlative'.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your beautiful review on the Trip Advisor. We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay at Vanyavilas.

Relaxing ambiance paired with personalized yet unobtrusive service is what we always aim to offer to all our guests and your appreciation of our luxurious tents and cuisine is really encouraging and has been conveyed to the team.

The spacious gardens and facilities favor privacy and relaxation. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back for another “superlative” experience and a longer stay.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We have stayed at Vanyavillas for three nights this January. Absolutely fantastic, if you made an effort to come that far you might as well stay at the best spot. We stayed at four different Oberoi properties in India and they are all as close to being perfect as can be, but Vanyavillas is perhaps a standout due to its unique position as a nature preserve, not just a hotel. Do go on a private tour with the resident naturalist, chances are you will see more birds at Oberoi than you would at the Park. And good luck seeing a tiger! We were very lucky to see T39 in Zone 6 and would be delighted to pass our luck on to you! Safe travels!

Room Tip: All tents are equally well located
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AEDLondon

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your beautiful review on the Trip Advisor and for selecting Oberoi hotels and resorts for your stay in India.

I am glad that we were able to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Your appreciation is a great source of encouragement and we are motivated to preserve and attain even higher standards of service excellence.

On your behalf, I have personally conveyed your compliments to Pranad for his Bird Watching sessions and he has also conveyed his heartfelt appreciation for your kind words.

My team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again.