“BEST HOTEL EXPERIENCE EVER”

The Oberoi Vanyavilas
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Sawai Madhopur
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“BEST HOTEL EXPERIENCE EVER”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I normally do not write reviews, my wife always does so I do not feel the need to duplicate. But for this hotel I felt like I needed to write a review. My wife and I have traveled quite a bit and have had the good fortune to stay at some very nice hotels, but after staying here we both agree this is by far the best hotel experience we have had. We spent two nights here in late November.
As you can tell from the pics the property is amazing in true Oberoi fashion. But what made this hotel stand out at the top of our list is the service by the entire hotel staff. We cannot think of a single encounter with an employee that was "average". From the young man who would great us at the gate after our safari who took the time to share tiger pics on his cell phone all the way up to the general manager Ms. Malhotra who and I am not kidding when I say this may be one of the nicest people you will ever meet. She was there at breakfast every morning to greet us and would show up at dinner to ask how our day went.

All the amazing reviews you read on here are all accurate. I read them before our stay and was a little skeptical that the place could be so amazing. I can tell you this place more than exceeded all my expectations. Amazing facilites, amazing service and amazing food pretty much sums it up. Also the catering manager deserves great praise as well. He greeted us at every meal and when I could not decide on what I wanted for my Indian breakfast he had the chef make a platter of all the dishes for me. Best breakafst I had in India.

Hopefully we can stay here again real soon.

Room Tip: Call ahead and schedule a trip to the elephants living quarters where you can help bath them and in...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

At the onset allow me to thank you for writing the beautiful review on the Trip Advisor for us.

I am extremely glad to know that your visit to our property was memorable and that the facilities, services and the food exceeded your expectations.

Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of inspiration and encourage us to achieve even higher standards. I have shared your very generous feedback with my team too.

My team and I eagerly look forward to welcoming you back soon again next year.

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We had a lovely Experience at the Vanyavilas. Beautiful property,amazing tents,great food,Lovely ambiance and friendly staff.We just loved the place.We were given a grand welcome by the two elephants Mala and Laxmi,and my son was welcomed with the 'safa',the traditional rajasthani head gear.The presentation on the tigers and wildlife was very educative.we did the nature trail in the morning and were able to see quite a few beautiful birds,also we saw the spice garden,all this is inside the property itself.

We spent 2 nights there and came back completely rejuvenated.

I simply loved the place n would to be back again soooooon :)

Room Tip: All the tents are beautiful
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your beautiful review on the Trip Advisor.

I am extremely delighted to know that our services and the Royal and Traditional welcome for our little guests exceeded your expectations.

Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of inspiration and encourage us to achieve even higher standards. I have conveyed your kind feedback to our naturalist and our horticulturist.

My Team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Warwickshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We recently had 3 nights at the Vanyavilas and it was outstanding.

From the moment we arrived to our reluctant goodbye, nothing was too much trouble.

The highest levels of service and assistance are led by the GM, Ms Ratna Malhotra who is the finest example of how to lead a successful team.

Some examples of the added service; Sukhraj, who provided an insight into his home nation of Bhutan. Gagan, who was so informative about Indian wines. Vishva, who gave us an insight into places to visit in Udaipur. Chef Vidhu, who leads her great culinary team and who gave me her very precious time to show me the kitchen gardens. Esther & Sangeeta who gave us the most relaxing of massages and Goswami whose introduction to Yoga has inspired us to do more.

The atmosphere at Vanyavilas is magical and although the journey to it is long, it is worth every single minute.

Room Tip: The tent rooms are all identical. We had 203 which was beside a beautiful pool full of lilies and ko...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your beautiful review on the Trip Advisor.

We are happy to learn that your visit to our property was pleasant and comfortable and that the facilities provided to you, met your expectations.

I have personally conveyed your feedback to Sukhraj, Gagan, Vishva, Chef Vidhu, Esther, Goswami and Sangeeta and they have all conveyed their heartfelt appreciation for your kind words.

My Team and I eagerly look forward to welcoming you soon back again.

QLD
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My husband and I, with our 2 young boys stayed for 5 nights in Nov 2012. Right from the word go, the staff and management exceeded our expectations in every way. From the driver who drove us to Ranthambore and magically produced medicines to soothe our travel sick children, to the chefs who went that extra mile to cater to their fussy diets, the horticulturist, the naturlist and behind the scenes staff (the list is endless), new standards in service were set everyday. Every request was met and fulfilled with enthusiasm.The kids were kept thoroughly occupied throughout the stay.

What makes this resort truly world class is not just its location and natural beauty but the people who serve it.Last but definitely not the least, Ms Ratna Malhotra, the manager, deserves a very special mention for the fabulous job she is doing. We will definitely be back for more.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

We are happy to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that the facilities provided met your expectations.

I am glad that your family also enjoyed themselves and are looking forward to visiting us soon again.

Your special comments about my culinary team, the horticulturist and our naturalist is highly appreciated and they have all conveyed their heartfelt appreciation for your kind words

We all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We had a wonderful stay in this beautiful hotel in late November. We are travelling with our 3 children and the staff couldn't do enough for us. Beautiful tent accomodation, delicious food and the service was amazing. The spa was also fabulous. At all times the staff were friendly and efficient, and Ratna, the General Manager, very hands on. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your beautiful review on the Trip Advisor.

I am so glad to hear that your children had a great time with us.

I have personally conveyed your feedback to the entire team and they have all conveyed their heartfelt appreciation for your kind words.

My Team and I eagerly look forward to welcoming you and your family soon back again.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We were at the Oberoi Vanyavilas for two days and it was a wonderful experience. From our arrival and greeting by the General Manager, Ratna Malhotra and the special welcome from the hotel's two elephants - Mala and Lakshmi - we felt like family! The staff was courteous, friendly and most professional with their constant smiles. Food and the accommodations were outstanding. The game drives in the close-by Ranthambhore National Park were most memorable as we were fortunate to see the dominant male tiger in the park "T-24" and also a very rare sighting of a Caracal(Lynx).

This is a hotel not to be missed if you are visiting India.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your beautiful review on the Trip Advisor!

We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the facilities provided met your expectations.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the game drives and that you were able to see the tiger and the rare caracal too.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Vadodara
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Our Vanyavilas experience was simply outstanding!

Its one of the best places I have ever stayed in. A shear world class luxury served with graceful understated charm.

From the moment we arrived here we felt at home. The tents are superbly done and give you very warm feeling. Very appropriately for a jungle lodge- it has a very open feel but without a slightest compromise on privacy- a very clever design. I was especially impressed by the housekeeping- as if through some telepathy everything was maintained and provided for exactly when you wanted it.

The serving staff was excellent- everyone addrressed you by your name and was always eager to help. They exactly remembered what you had on dinner table the previous night, what you liked and accordingly would give you useful recommendations!

The evening information sessions were also outstanding. Every evening at 7.30 we were given this presentation on Ranthambore- and every time it was different. My 11 year old son simply loved it. The amount of knowledge he acquired and was allowed to share got him so excited that he has already made plans to comeback here again!!!

I will also recommend a walk with their in house horticulturist. Ranthambore is an extreme place in terms of weather and the way these guys have maintained the landscape is commendable.

Everything works just great at Vanyavilas.

Room Tip: All the tents are same. Just take whatever you get allotted.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your beautiful review on the trip advisor.

A stay in a luxury tent at The Oberoi Vanyavilas is definitely unique - it brings you close to the nature without compromising on luxury and comfort. We are glad that you loved the tent experience!

Relaxing ambiance paired with personalized yet unobtrusive service is what we always aim to offer to all our guests. I am glad that we were able to make your and specially your son’s stay, comfortable and enjoyable. Your appreciation is a great source of encouragement and we are motivated to preserve and attain even higher standards of service excellence.

On your behalf, I have personally conveyed your compliments to Pranad for his evening presentation sessions and Manoj for his horticulture rounds and they have conveyed their heartfelt appreciation for your kind words.

My team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again.