“If your not on a budget...”

The Oberoi Vanyavilas
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Sawai Madhopur
Reviewed February 6, 2012

We stayed 2 nights here just after New Years. The grounds are beautiful, the spa is amazing and the food at the restaurant is very good. I liked this property more then the Arga Oberoi, although that was nice too. It's very small, I can't remember how many tents but the experience is like being at a camp, umm, a very expensive camp.
The service was a bit too much at times. It's hard to get an uninterrupted nap, or to just be left alone for a day. Both hotels were like this so I'm assuming attentiveness is a big issue here in training! Most of the staff seemed genuinely helpful and not hovering too much for a tip, something I found to be the case at The Imperial in Delhi.
We were here for safari and I really appreciated the blankets and hot water bottles the hotel provided us with as we left for a cold early morning ride.
My husband was not feeling well and stayed in bed one day, the staff tried to help with food to the room and bringing him water, offers of a house Doctor; they were very nice.
My daughters and I each tried out a spa treatment. All three of was were please with the staff and the really wonderful spa rooms. I highly recommend a bath add on to a massage or whatever else you do. My one caution was that the hungarian moor mud was really exfoliating, I would have liked a bit less pumice in the mix!
Our rooms were prepaid and breakfasts were included, somehow with meals (no drinks) and spa treatments the bill on check out was near $1000. Not a place to hang around if your worried about the costs. This and their property in Agra were our splurge nights. We left Ranthambhore for decidedly less luxurious accommodations and really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank stamps
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your feedback. We are happy to learn that your visit to our property was pleasant and comfortable and that the facilities provided met your expectations.

We place great emphasis on training, however, we have noted your feedback with respect to the "service being a bit too much at times".

We have also noted your suggestion with respect to the SPA.

Your detailed feedback is much appreciated and is being put to good use in our endeavour to improve further.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

The Oberoi Vanyavilas offers unique accommodation for those going on safari. Located just outside Ranthambore National Park, the deluxe tents definitely add that last touch of elegance, excitement, and romance after a successful safari. I felt like a powerful Maharaja, with my lovely Maharani. The food is fabulous, the service excellent, and the facilities amazing -- everything at the superlative, including the manager, Ratna Malhotra, who greeted us early in the morning at 6 am, lunch time after our morning safari, and dinner time. Upon our departure, she led us out into our vehicle, bidding us farewell as our car drove away. Such Rajasthani fantastic and sincere service, straight from the heart. It was truly wonderful.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous feedback.

We are happy to learn that your visit to our property was pleasant and comfortable and that the facilities provided to you met your expectations.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed at Vanyavillas in Mid Jan 2012. We are a family of 4 with 2 kids (aged 8 & 6). It was my daughter's birthday during our stay and the hotel staff were amazing. Every single member knew her name and said happy birthday to her. They decorated the room and made a lovely cake for her. She was so amazed at the level of attention she got ! The hotel staff are excellent - so warm, accommodating and the service was outstanding.

The rooms were huge and we all stayed in one tent which still felt so spacious. The food was fabulous and the arrangements for the safaris were seamless.

We also arranged the car transfer with Vanyavillas from Jaipur airport to the hotel - which i would thoroughly recommend. The transfer took 2hrs 45min each way - much shorter than we thought and the car was very comfortable and driving very safe (which in India is not always the case!).

I would class Vanyavillas as one of the best hotels I have stayed at in the world and it is definitely a property you would want to come back to. I hope one day I will !

The outdoor pool is heated to 28 degrees which is great because it was unbelievably cold in January, so we were still able to swim during our stay.

Overall, this is definitely in the same league and quality as Amarvillas & Udaivillas for service, food, ambience, decor, beautiful grounds etc etc etc. FANTASTIC

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

We are happy to learn that your visit to our property was pleasant and comfortable and that the facilities provided to you, met your expectations.

I hope your daughter really enjoyed herself on the very special day.Your special comments about our staff are much appreciated

We look forward to welcoming all of you back again.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

Tents were luxurious, staff was great, spa treatment was excellent, saw a tiger on our last day. Stay here was the highlight of my trip to India.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Kcosmo0922
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2012

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your kind feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 26, 2011

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel. Without listing all 100 positive reasons to stay there, I found the staff were outstandingly attentive, even to the point they knew (and could pronounce) my name perfectly.
The chef cooked a fabulous dinner and I strongly recommend eating in the hotel restaurant. The staff are well trained and all it takes is a glance to get their attention and they're there ready to take a drinks order.
Brilliant hotel. Don't forget to book the elephant ride!

Room Tip: The tee pees out in the garden were amazing!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank James L
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind feedback.

We are happy to learn that your visit to our property was pleasant and comfortable.

Your special comment about our team specially food and beverage is much appreciated and has been conveyed to them.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

This was the best Oberoi I stayed in on my India trip. The service was very good maybe just a little bit to "professional".

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Claes71

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to learn that your visit to our property was enjoyable.

We have also noted your feedback with respect to our service.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

We stayed at the Vanyavillas for four days in late November with our two kids (ages 7 and 10) and could find no faults with the our visit. The property is beautiful and the service level is always above and beyond. We would love to stay here again!

Arrival and check-in: was quick, efficient and very welcoming. The two resident elephants (Mala and Lakshmi) are the first to greet you when arrive. For the kids, hugging and feeding these guys was the highlight of their stay.

Room: our "tent" (which is actually constructed of four solid walls and a three layer canvas roof) was incredible, very secluded, surrounded by nature, with a lovely totally private back patio. The room had ample room and was very comfortable. We loved the decor; it felt like what you would imagine a hunting tent from the time of the maharajas would look like.

Food: when booking our stay we opted for the add-on that includes breakfast and one other meal per day. This was definitely worth the additional expense (would have cost much more to order al la carte and to our surprise our drinks were included). Breakfast, for the most part, we ate off the menu which offered plenty of both Indian and Continental choices. The chef would stop by each morning during breakfast to go over that evening's dinner menu, offer suggestions and ask if there was something special that we wanted for dinner. We ordered on and off the menu for dinner (an Italian dish for the kids for dinner) and the food was perfect.

Service: was incredible; it seems each and every effort is made by all of the staff to make you comfortable; from helping with the kids during meals, bringing out a drink to you pool side before you ask, packing snacks for the safaris, addressing you by name, knowing your drink of choice and hot water bottles left under the covers at bedtime (my favorite).

Tipping: it seems all Oberoi hotels share the same tipping policy; tipping individual staff is discouraged and tipping at the time of service is unnecessary; instead, it is suggested, should you wish to leave something, do so at the end of your stay at the front desk and mention by name any staff members that you would like to recognize. We loved this policy; made the stay relaxed and hassel free. Regardless, it would be difficult to tip the sheer number of staff members for everything they do for you all day long. Would be nice if other five star properties instituted this policy.

After having stayed at other similar category hotels in India, I have to say, the service at the Oberois should lift this chain of hotels to a totally different category altogether.

Loved our stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank RBNY
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind feedback.

We are happy to learn that your visit to our property was enjoyable and the facilities met your expectations. Your feedback has been shared with the team.

My team and I would like to wish you and your loved ones much happiness for the festive season and a successful forthcoming year.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Best Regards,