A complete package of beauty, relaxation and culture - could work as a sole destination in India. We were lucky to spend four nights in September and take advantage of affordable off-season rates. Stunning suites and views, gorgeous pool, superb food and service, cool design (traditional exterior, all-white contemporary interior), world class spa, great activities. Five minutes from the “living” Eklingi temple and serene Nagda ruins. And there's the authentic, photogenic village of Delwara right next door, where we fell in love with the people.
We didn't think the 45 minutes to Udaipur was schlep, and were happy to come home to the lush countryside every night. We started out in a marble Palace Suite with drop-dead views of the mountains and village, then were upgraded to a five-room Araveli suite, also with killer views, and and enclosed round meditation terrace. Have been pining away for it since we left.
Four days was perfect for two visits to Udaipur, many strolls in the village (go with Aktar - you'll see the amazing Jain temple, the school, meet the potter, silversmith and the embroiderers), a camel ride, a private yoga/meditation class, lots of swimming, visits to Ekglingi and Nagda (on our own with a driver) and a memorable spa treatment (2-for-1 special - Abhyanga full body oil massage, plus the Shirodhara, a slow oil drip on the forehead (the third eye).
The chefs at the magical bar will prepare upscale versions of street food. For dinner we usually split a yummy vegetarian thali. Also had the very memorable 'private dining experience' in the Sheesh Mahal, the most enchanting space in the palace.
The Palace Tour is a must-do for history buffs and anyone who has ever done a renovation. Bonus: A great 45-minute workout, if you opt not to use the elevator.
All in all, a stellar travel highlight. We were both sad to leave, and are still dreaming of Devi Garh and the surrounding countryside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- RAAS Devigarh was conceived as a place where the past meets present. Nestled in the Aravali hills 28 kilometers away from the bustle of Udaipur, this all suite luxury resort assumes the look of modern India with an emphasis on design and detail. The interiors of 18th century fort palace of Delwara were transformed in a minimalist manner while conserving 250 year old exterior. The tranquil ambiance makes this Fort Palace an ideal wellness destination. The La Terre Spa by L'Occitane at RAAS Devigarh is a meditative place for rejuvenation. It offers an extensive selection of therapies that are a fusion of Indian and Mediterranean wellness concepts. The renowned French beauty brand offers its signature treatments alongside bespoke treatments for clients, using local flowers and herbs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your RAAS Devigarh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Devi Garh Hotel Rajsamand
- Devi Garh Fort Palace Rajsamand
- Devi Garh Fort Palace Hotel
- RAAS Devigarh Rajsamand, India - Rajasthan