We just spent an extended weekend at AF Resort and had a very enjoyable time. The 2 Queen room was quite large and roomy, the beds were comfortably soft and cozy, plenty of hot water and free coffee. We got the dreaded room "next to the elevator" and I was at first upset, however the rooms are very well sound insulated and we didn't hear a thing. They also have a small entrance foyer for each 2 rooms, which kept the hall noise out. Yes the rooms are showing some wear & tear, especially the carpet. However, overall the place was clean and tidy.
We had a package deal thru the resort, which included lift tickets, and everything was in place and went smoothly. The staff was very courteous and when we had a problem with the TV, the maintenance guy was there almost before I could hang up the phone.
We really enjoyed the proximity to the ski slopes, which the resort had managed to keep in excellent shape. It is a bit of a hike up several flights of stairs which will leave flatlanders like us huffin' & puffin', but it still beats having to load up your car, drive to the slope, put on your gear and still have to hike up to the slope!
We didn't eat at the resort, there were some excellent eateries nearby and we like to get out a little. We recommend the Roasted Clove (excellent but very expensive), Zebadiah's Grill and Talon's Italian.
Last but not least the skiing was fantastic. We generally ski in CO, and I was a little worried that this place would be too small, but I was impressed in the layout and the snow conditions. I would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel offers your choice of spacious rooms and suites, just steps from the Chile Express chairlift at the hub of Angel Fire, New Mexico. Each room features two queen beds-perfect for your family (or friends). Take a plunge in the indoor pool, enjoy a relaxing soak in our hot tub, sweat it out in the fitness center or just enjoy our free WiFi Internet access after a fun day of skiing and snowboarding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angel Fire Hotel Angel Fire
- Angel Fire Ski Resort
- Angel Fire Resort Hotel
- The Lodge At Angel Fire Resort New Mexico