The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort
Pitchup.com
TripAdvisor
Elk Horn Lodge(Angel Fire)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsski triprental shopthere is no air conditioninglegends grillski lessonsroom was largefitness centermini fridgenew mexicochildren's ski schoolpool and hot tubvillage hausaccommodationsstorageconveniencefireplace
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Hotel is showing it's age. The room was clean, but in need of updating. No A/C in the rooms. Box fans are provided but we had to sleep with the windows open. With the curtains closed it didn't help much, thankfully it was not too hot in Angel Fire. The cafe in the lobby is nice, but needs to stay open a bit longer. The cafe is a bit pricey.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony so you're not overlooking the parking lot.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Joe K, General Manager at The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Dear TLPearce61,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the on-line community. With Angel Fire, NM being over 8600 ft. many homes and properties don't have air conditioning, as we are usually cool enough both day and night. However, this year was warmer and we tried to make sure and have plenty of fans on hand for our guests. Property updates are reviewed every few months and I will make sure and discuss air conditioning at our next review.

I do hope that you get another opportunity to visit us in the future.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the resort hotel in May. The room we stayed in was roomy and nice. Appeared to have been recently updated. We also had a balcony which was enjoyable. Room was clean. Loved the look of the lobby area. Would have been nice if Annie's didn't close so early. (4pm) My only real complaint is that when we arrived and I walked to the check in counter two employees were having a conversation and didn't attend to me until they were finished. They should have immediately ceased their personal conversation and dealt with the customer as this I would assume is their main priority. (Not to mention the hours of driving I have just endured.) Because of this I felt the service was not as professional as it could have been.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear midwesternplains,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I have shared your comments with our Front Desk Manager and our Front Desk team. It is through constructive feedback that changes occur.

Again, thank you for reaching out and sharing!

Happy and Safe travels.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort was wonderful. Our room was clean and spacious, yet very cozy. The staff members we encountered were exceptional - very friendly and helpful. We loved the mountain/rustic décor throughout the resort and enjoyed our stay very much. Upon arrival we were concerned about the fact that there was no air conditioning, but it was fine. The nights are so cool in Angel Fire air conditioning is just not needed, even in July!

Room Tip: We reserved a room with a balcony which was definitely worth the extra charge.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Joe K, General Manager at The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear Karen G,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with the on-line community. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. It is great to see that you visited us during the summer season and we hope that you return in the Winter.

Happy and Safe Travels!

Joseph Kendall

Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife and I traveled to Angel Fire, NM for a bicycle rally that I was participating in June 28th and 29th. We stayed at the Lodge which is nice but found out once we were there that it was not air conditioned. Now this is not a big deal in the winter but June, July and August are hot in the afternoons even at 8400 feet. Our room had a beautiful view but temperatures reached in the high 80's in the afternoon and evening which made it very difficult to sleep. We had to leave the outdoor balcony door open for a little fresh air but there was so much pollen in the air that even though my wife and I are not sensitive to allergies, we were both suffering with stopped up sinuses and running noses. Needless to say, this did not help my performance in the rally. Like many small ski resorts, the summer season is an afterthought and so the activities offered somewhat hokey and pricey. If zipling is something you want to do great but plan on about $120 for that. Frisbee golf seems really hokey to me but maybe that is your thing. My wife and I just wanted to be able to hike around in between the rally but it seemed you had to pay just for that privilege. One thing I would recommend if you are a mountain biker is bring your bike because riding down the mountain looked like a lot of fun. Dangerous, but fun. The restaurants in the town range from okay to poor. Frankly, the best meal we had was when we drove into Taos. If I had everything to do over again, I would stay in Taos at one of the motels that have air condition and just drive into Angel Fire the morning of the rally start. Anyway, a tip for staying at any ski resort in the summer is find out whether your room is air conditioned because it does get hot.

Room Tip: Get a balcony room. The view are great but be aware that in June, July and August it gets in the high '80's and even low '90's which means a hot room. There is no air condition and little breeze so it is really a pain to get to sleep. For me, I would stay in Taos next time at a air conditioned motel and save money to boot.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank westcott360
Joe K, General Manager at The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear westcott360,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the on-line community. With Angel Fire, NM being over 8600 ft., many homes and properties don't have air conditioning, as we are usually cool enough both day and night. However, this year was warmer and we tried to make sure and have plenty of fans on hand for our guests. As you pointed out, the resort does offer many activities that are well received by our summer guests.

I do hope that you get another opportunity to visit us so that you can try Elements.

Happy and Safe travels,
Sincerely

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Disclaimer: This stay was a gift. I did not personnaly pay for, or choose this room. We were here to check out Angel Fire's downhill biking, which was fabulous!

The Resort is a large facility located at the base of the ski area. The lobby is large and clean. Nice kiva fireplace and plenty of sitting areas. Staff very friendly and helpful. Check-in smooth. Annie's Cafe is past the reception desk.

The Eagle Wing is a 3 story building of suites attached to the Lodge at Angel Fire Resort. Adjoining "suites" are entered by a common door into a short hallway with separate entrances to the 2 suites. This is slightly different from the usual hotel door-in-the-wall between two hotel rooms.

Our room was 115 "B" outfitted with King bed, chair/ottoman, desk, chair, Armoire, and chest of drawers. Stone gas fireplace was nice. It is a very large room with lots of floor space for your winter or summer gear. There is a tiny bar area with miniature microwave, bar sink, some plates, cups, flatware. You are required to wash all items used. There is a very small fridge; big enough for a few cans or bottles; not big enough for much else. If you want an ice machine, it involves trekking to the lodge and going to the 3rd floor.

The elephant in this unit is a HUGE jetted soaking tub in the bedroom. This is in addition to the tub/shower combo in the bathroom. Speaking of the bathroom... wallpaper is peeling from all walls. (Who wallpapers all the walls in a bathroom?) Shower head has horrible water pressure and is not high enough on the wall. I'm 5'6" and had to bend/crouch to wet my hair. The first shower was cold. Maintenance guy said the breaker tripped to the hot water tank (located in a closet in the common entry).

The north facing balcony has a small table and 2 chairs. Unfortunately, the parking lot is outside the unit, slightly higher so that headlights shine directly over the railing, into the room. Below the balcony are the propane tanks. Not much a view but was nice to cool off after a day of biking on the mountain.

Our neighbors in the adjoining suite had a kitchen in their unit. We could smell everything. Something to consider as it could be unpleasant for you if their cooking isn't what you're accustom to.

Sound travelled easily between the adjoining suites.

Housekeeping: No daily housekeeping service. You must wash all kitchenware. Room was clean with the exception of obvious spots and streaks on the bathroom mirror. No plastic cups in the bathroom. Use the ones from bar, but are required to wash them (?). The curtain was falling off the rod. Carpet needs replacing.

Large flat screen TV with good signal. Desk is does not have outlets for electronics. No problem connecting to wifi in the room.

The small indoor swimming pool and hot tub are just off the lobby. There were lodge rooms with balconies looking to this enclosed area. These rooms may be noisy.

Upshot: If I had to pay for this room, I'd be upset with the condition, sound and smell transfer, and location of balcony. Since no money out of MY pocket, 3/5.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ILoveMoab
Joe K, General Manager at The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear ILoveMoab,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with Eagle Wing Timeshare / Angel Fire Resort. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Angel Fire Resort strives to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

I do hope that you get another opportunity to visit us in the future.