As others have mentioned, there isn't much to do in Angel Fire, so if you are not there to ski, go somewhere else. That said, the skiing was great, the mountain is small enough that you don't get lost, there are a lot of people out there working on the mountain and on the lifts, and it's cheaper than Colorado. We stayed in a condo rented by the resort. I would highly recommend this because it is more room for the same price. We ate at the Legends Grill and the service and food was excellent. Check in at the resort's front desk was not an enjoyable experience for us. The staff was polite but our condos were not ready for 45 minutes to an hour and a half after promised. They took our number and said they would call us, but that never happened. There was only one roll of toilet paper in the condo for our family of four's 3 night stay. When we asked for more they made us pay $ .75/roll. The condo we stayed in (Chalet 55) had a washer and dryer and its own personal wi-fi that was excellent. The short walk to the slopes and the hotel made it easy for us to get where we needed to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel offers your choice of spacious rooms and suites, just steps from the Chile Express chairlift at the hub of Angel Fire, New Mexico. Each room features two queen beds-perfect for your family (or friends). Take a plunge in the indoor pool, enjoy a relaxing soak in our hot tub, sweat it out in the fitness center or just enjoy our free WiFi Internet access after a fun day of skiing and snowboarding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angel Fire Hotel Angel Fire
- Angel Fire Ski Resort
- Angel Fire Resort Hotel
- The Lodge At Angel Fire Resort New Mexico